Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Jaguar XF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Jaguar XF?

I REALLY must be a sedan person..

My god the Cayenne is the best SUV ever built but I just cant do the
power delivery and the tankish looks.

I got bit by the Jaguar XF bug. Am I crazy?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-26-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: not in open forum
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
I've been a long time Jaguar enthusiast, but this model looks like a souped-up Ford Taurus to me.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racer_65
I've been a long time Jaguar enthusiast, but this model looks like a souped-up Ford Taurus to me.
That'll probably surprise Ford since they sold their ownership of Jag about 6 years ago to the Chinese.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by deilenberger
That'll probably surprise Ford since they sold their ownership of Jag about 6 years ago to the Chinese.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think it was Tata an India company Ford sold Jag to. Ford also sold Volvo to Geely a Chinese company.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bansasn
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think it was Tata an India company Ford sold Jag to. Ford also sold Volvo to Geely a Chinese company.
Tata is based in India. Unless it was sold again to another company, it's under India.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bansasn
You're absolutely correct.. my point was - I doubt if the current Jag models were influenced by Ford. Looking at the current Ford models (and I have been for SWMBO who is a bit tired of fixing her German cars..) - it appears Ford has been influenced by European styling, especially Aston-Martin. If you look at the Ford Escape mini-SUV - the high end version, it's actually quite comparable (handling, performance, fit-finish, features) to the BMW X1 at $10,000 less when similarly equipped.. and bet it reaches 100k miles with less problems then the X1 will have. FWIW - in 50 years of driving I've never bought a US vehicle. That may change this year.

Last edited by deilenberger; 12-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Pretty boring looking sedan to me!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
I've seen quite a few of them on the road. My impression is - it doesn't look Jaguar. Jags have had a distinctive style dating back to William Lyons designs. The original XJ6 basic style survived for over 3 decades (almost 4 actually.) That became the Jag look.

The new one is attractive in the front, and attractive viewed from the rear (somewhat Bentley-ish actually) but for some reason less impressive when viewed as a whole. It doesn't stand out in a sea of cars like the older Jags did. It somehow doesn't inspire car-lust in me like the original XJ6 did (and XKE before that - which I gave into many decades ago..) I'm sure it's a much more competent and reliable car then any of the older models, but it seems to have lost something in the styling updates, becoming too much like other cars.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deilenberger
This model was first released in the Autumn of 2007, which means it was designed before that, by Ford.

I stopped following Jaguar after the 90's. During the 90's, each year Jaguar became more like Ford. The same thing happened to Aston Martin around that time period. Now days the lowest value Astons are the ones from the mid 90's that were made by Ford. Ford just can't keep its hands off of their acquisitions.

I have a '92 XJS V12 Convertible, which is probably the last Jaguar I will ever own.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM
PD3Cayenne is infamous around these parts
Hope you like driving dealer rental cars....very service heavy.