Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Suggestions for aftermarket replacement for PCM/dvd/radio/Gps in 05 CTT w. Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
I believe Garmin uses Navteq maps but it would probably benefit Alpine to use Garmin's UI for GPS. Anyway, here are some photos, hope they help

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	258892   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	258893   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	259062  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Skylinegtrv98 is infamous around these parts
Wow...now that is a majorly big screen!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
did you use the NAV TV MOST HUR module to plug into the fiber cabling for the car amp?

Originally Posted by russnyc
I believe Garmin uses Navteq maps but it would probably benefit Alpine to use Garmin's UI for GPS. Anyway, here are some photos, hope they help

Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes on the Nav-TV MOST-Hur

I actually overstated steering wheel controls ... I haven't been able to get the phone answer, hang up and mute buttons to work. I just set the phone to auto answer in the car which works 75% of the time (translation 25% of the time I don't want to speak to the person who's calling but the damn thing auto answers)

I do need to bring back to the installer and have them spend some time on the phone controls.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:45 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I think I gathered some info on steering wheel controls in my earlier posts on this thread. Check out post #5, where I refer to No. 4 '4. Metra Axxess ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface - best price found $45 eBay'.

This is a plug in that gives you control of all your steering wheel controls to function. Appears really easy to install. Check it out, may be able to skip fees at the installer if you like DIY.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
I think I gathered some info on steering wheel controls in my earlier posts on this thread. Check out post #5, where I refer to No. 4 '4. Metra Axxess ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface - best price found $45 eBay'.

This is a plug in that gives you control of all your steering wheel controls to function. Appears really easy to install. Check it out, may be able to skip fees at the installer if you like DIY.
yup, i have the metra but i think there's something with the alpine unit that isn't yet enabled which is needed to drive the phone

Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
imola is infamous around these parts
tks for the pictures! it's almost like fitting a Ipad mini in there...lol.. hmm..maybe that would be a good option as well.. LOL

Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Sjt0017 is infamous around these parts
Ok probably beating a dead horse here, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I'm looking for.

Back story:

I'm wired for everything but guy that was selling me his headunit ended up selling to a family member, so I'm going to get a Pioneer Z150bh this week.

I have 4ga wire running from battery under runners to trunk spare tire area, distributed to 2 8ga wires, JL 250/1 Mono for my 8W7 & Powerbass amp for my speakers. I have a Clarion sound processor running RCA's along with remote turn on along the passenger side runners, sitting under/behind the glove box ready for the headunit, and running RCA's to both amps. Completely wired for a new headunit, and down the road, new speakers, hence why I have the Bose amp out already.

Ok so let's say you replace the Bose amp, looped the current speakers into an aftermarket amp and sound processor. Is there a simple power harness that can power a Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood headunit without buying the MOST NavTV kit? Just wondering, research hasn't shed any light on this question & I don't want to spend $500+ on the NavTV or similar kit if all I need is power (signal is RCA to sound processor) and steering wheel control adapter.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM
mikeymikey is infamous around these parts
Hello,
Thanks for putting the great list together, it is very helpful. I am considering doing the PCM replacement (but keeping bose amp and speakers) with Kenwood DNX890HD unit.
Do you have the link of where you found Navtv unit for $500? Secondly, do you have the model # or link for dash kit?

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:31 PM
For dash kit, I found one on eBay just search for cayenne din dash kit and you will see it.
As for most-hur unit, I remember seeing it on Porsche forum buy/sell section. See some online for 650 common price.

Originally Posted by mikeymikey
Hello,
Thanks for putting the great list together, it is very helpful. I am considering doing the PCM replacement (but keeping bose amp and speakers) with Kenwood DNX890HD unit.
Do you have the link of where you found Navtv unit for $500? Secondly, do you have the model # or link for dash kit?

Thanks a lot.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Smotsuc_Scitoxe is infamous around these parts
You do not have to buy the AXXESS Steering wheel module if your going to be using Nav-Tv's retention harness. Only if you are buying the Pioneer Stereos (which you are) but for example if you used a Kenwood you would not have to buy the Axxess module. The retention harness already has can-bus wires for retaining the factory Steering wheel controls. just wanted to clarify that.

Last edited by Smotsuc_Scitoxe; 09-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Nav-TV

Originally Posted by ciaka
For dash kit, I found one on eBay just search for cayenne din dash kit and you will see it.
As for most-hur unit, I remember seeing it on Porsche forum buy/sell section. See some online for 650 common price.

You can Order the MOST/HURR harness from NAV-TV at nav-tv.com. Just enter in your year make and model on the left hand side and the website will list the compatible parts for your car

Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by mikeymikey
Hello,

Thanks a lot.
You should be able to get the Navtv harness for $650 and the Dashkit for $199 from their website Navtv.com But like Ciaka said Ebay might be a little cheaper!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Sjt0017
Ok probably beating a dead horse here, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I'm looking for.

Back story:

I'm wired for everything but guy that was selling me his headunit ended up selling to a family member, so I'm going to get a Pioneer Z150bh this week.

I have 4ga wire running from battery under runners to trunk spare tire area, distributed to 2 8ga wires, JL 250/1 Mono for my 8W7 & Powerbass amp for my speakers. I have a Clarion sound processor running RCA's along with remote turn on along the passenger side runners, sitting under/behind the glove box ready for the headunit, and running RCA's to both amps. Completely wired for a new headunit, and down the road, new speakers, hence why I have the Bose amp out already.

Ok so let's say you replace the Bose amp, looped the current speakers into an aftermarket amp and sound processor. Is there a simple power harness that can power a Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood headunit without buying the MOST NavTV kit? Just wondering, research hasn't shed any light on this question & I don't want to spend $500+ on the NavTV or similar kit if all I need is power (signal is RCA to sound processor) and steering wheel control adapter.
You do not have to buy the harness if you are not going to use the factory Bose amp, Changer, or Media devices attached to the fiber optic loop. you would definitly have to have an aftermarket amplifier to power your speakers though. If you would like me to go into more detail let me know. Hope this helps

Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
mikeymikey is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the clarification. Most posts give the impression that AXXESS Steering wheel module is needed even for Kenwood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for aftermarket replacement for PCM/dvd/radio/Gps in 05 CTT w. Bose