Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Error codes - anything to worry about?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:33 PM
richie996 is infamous around these partsrichie996 is infamous around these parts
Question Error codes - anything to worry about?

Check engine light came on yesterday, used my Durametric to connect and view:

8121 - Implausible Singal in Siemens Digital Motor Electronics SDI4
01CB: PCM No signal/communication

GTS seems to run fine otherwise...

Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM
tommyg is infamous around these parts
ditto for me (09 S)...its been off and on with the same vague message.

May be time for a visit to the dealer for some more info

Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 AM
richie996 is infamous around these partsrichie996 is infamous around these parts
As a followup to my own issue, for reference to others... I encountered the below message about 4 times within 4 months, I cleared the code the first three times but decided to take to dealer for followup since the issue isn't going away on it's own.. The last time I noticed it, it was on hard acceleration on to a highway, not sure if that means anything...

The error is caused by a faulty thermostat module. The module is embedded deep in the engine, so it ends up being a costly replacement. They assured me that this is the cause of the error, so I had that thermostat replaced and hopefully no more check engine lights from this issue.

This thermostat is responsible for keeping the engine at the right temperature, if left untreated they said it could affect overall fuel economy.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by richie996
As a followup to my own issue, for reference to others... I encountered the below message about 4 times within 4 months, I cleared the code the first three times but decided to take to dealer for followup since the issue isn't going away on it's own.. The last time I noticed it, it was on hard acceleration on to a highway, not sure if that means anything...

The error is caused by a faulty thermostat module. The module is embedded deep in the engine, so it ends up being a costly replacement. They assured me that this is the cause of the error, so I had that thermostat replaced and hopefully no more check engine lights from this issue.

This thermostat is responsible for keeping the engine at the right temperature, if left untreated they said it could affect overall fuel economy.

Nice followup to an unfamiliar issue. Glad to hear that you got it resolved. I replaced my thermostat about a month ago and it is definitely a difficult replacement given the location.