Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

another trailer lights question... flashing quickly-strobing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
another trailer lights question... flashing quickly-strobing

when I plug the trailer lights in for my malibu wakesetter boat, the lights just strobe aka blink/flash quickly. Brake lights work ok but no turn signals. Is this a common problem and is there a simple fix or should I just drop it off at the local Porsche dealer and have them handle it. Towing my boat across the country in 2 weeks so I am trying to get everything all buttoned up. I'd rather not take my Excursion but may end up having to.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 PM
John in Bis is infamous around these parts
The lights on our new Featherlite utility trailer just flashed dimly. No brake, turn, or tail lights at all. The trailer dealer finally replaced one of the LED side marker lights with a conventional bulb, and then all the lights worked fine, except a warning light on the dash lights up now. They said it wasn't drawing enough current with just the LED lights. I don't know what to say...

Old 12-18-2021, 03:24 PM
quirino18 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sinister05CTT
when I plug the trailer lights in for my malibu wakesetter boat, the lights just strobe aka blink/flash quickly. Brake lights work ok but no turn signals. Is this a common problem and is there a simple fix or should I just drop it off at the local Porsche dealer and have them handle it. Towing my boat across the country in 2 weeks so I am trying to get everything all buttoned up. I'd rather not take my Excursion but may end up having to.
were you able to figure what the issue was? im having the exact same problem! fast blinking lights! brakes work fine blinkers dont! ran Durametric scanner and got 1517 and 907 codes, i replaced my module but i made no difference! tested wires from module to plug and they all look fine!
what did you find out?

Old 12-19-2021, 12:11 PM
Tom_T is infamous around these parts
This issue has been coming up for a few years (decade+?) now with the Cayenne & other TVs with lights out sensing features & the LED light low draw issues, so there are several tow gear mfgrs. who've come up with a 7-pin adapter. I know that it works because I've used mine on several TVs from multiple US & Import auto-makers, & know several Cay owners using them (we'd put our Cay purchase on hold due to COVID).

It's been covered every few months at the Airstream Forums under their nailed Cayenne/Touareg/Q7 topic, but I'll save you the digging through years & years of posts.

Reese version:
https://www.reeseprod.com/product/20...ter-7-to-7-way

Same thing as Tow-Ready:
https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Tow-Ready/20142.html

eTrailer & other trailer brick & online trailer suppliers sell them, but I can't say about supply chain currently.

You just plug it into the Cay, then daisy-chain plug the 7-pin into it, but you may want to use a zip-tie to both secure it while moving, & from theft.

Safe Towing Travels & Holiday Cheers!
Tom
///////