Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Neighbour complain the exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Neighbour complain the exhaust sound

Yesterday I received the third complaints of this year from my neighbour. said that the truck sound wakes their baby up from sleeping. It is an uphill all the way before reach my house. My factory secondary catalytic and rear muffler were both missing. I decide to put 2nd cat back, the cost should be cheaper than getting a muffler. I know many of you have 2nd bypass pipe on your car, anyone willing to sell me your factory cat?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't worry about the neighbors. They will complain about something else the moment you put on the factory cats. If you like the sound., leave the sound.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 AM
RIckyuk is infamous around these parts
My neighbors also commented on my standard exhaust set up when i pull away in the morning. My answer was "sounds great yes", it's a Porsche!!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:21 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
tell them to better insolate their straw and mud house.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 AM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
classic!! gotta tell, was having a tough day in the office and came to 6speed for a little distraction. this post brought an ear to ear smile to my face. thank you for making my day

Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
eh, while I think a baby should learn to live with the noise around them. I can also see that a open exhaust V8 is a bit obnoxious. Louder is not always better or cooler. At some point it just sounds like *** and is annoying. I've come across a few Cayenne videos of open exhaust that sound like crap.

Better post a video so we can see what this really sounds like.

Is there a local noise ordinance? I used to really love my loud cars until they got me pulled over several times. Cops could hear me from way too far away. NEVER give them a FREE reason to stop you anytime they want! It will bite you in the *** when you least expect it and it will hurt. (like driving home from diner and a glass of beer)

Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Don't worry about the neighbors. They will complain about something else the moment you put on the factory cats. If you like the sound., leave the sound.
Agree. It is futile to try to please everyone. They should be lucky it is not a V-Twin Harley (or equivalent).

Old 06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
my neighbors know better than to try complain to me....lol.
J/K. No one has come up to comment except across street neighbor saying he really liked the sound.
Rat poison wrapped in pet food does wonders, huh? J/K again

(legal disclaimer: No animals were harmed in any way, in the production of this message)

Old 06-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Vig03 is infamous around these parts
Keep the exhaust and tell them it's just your way of getting them ready for your '14 GT3...

Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
One of the neighbour reckons my Cayenne sounds like this:

He doesn't understand why theres person would transform a SUV to a TANK. if I like a lower car, why bother to buy a SUV. He tells me no matter what Ive done to the car, it won't have ferrari like sound. (This man has a Maybach 57, Merc S-class and Audi A8 in his garage.)

I will upload a video to youtube later today, please leave some comments. I acknowledged that a turbo engine car will not sound as good as a N/A engine car. The 958 GTS has the best sound in Cayenne family.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I disagree. My car is the best sounding in the Porsche Cayenne family.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:48 PM
ez1973 is infamous around these partsez1973 is infamous around these parts
What year is your truck? I have a set of secondary cats for a 955 model for sale.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
his sig says 08 CTT

Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
I disagree. My car is the best sounding in the Porsche Cayenne family.
I was talking about the stock Cayenne. lol

Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by loveivs
He tells me no matter what Ive done to the car, it won't have ferrari like sound.
Sounds like someone is projecting expectations onto someone else. Exotics sound stellar in their own right. However, this does not diminish the muscular exhaust note from non-exotic manufactured V8s.

Hence that marvelous 6.2 V8 Mercedes places in everything with the AMG63 badging. Also the Jaguar 5.0 V8 sounds spectacular.

Originally Posted by loveivs
The 958 GTS has the best sound in Cayenne family.
Agreed. I have driven one on the track and it sounds awesome. Just about the same sound as the Panamera GTS. Too bad, I personally, need more power

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 07-01-2013 at 07:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Neighbour complain the exhaust sound