Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

IPD Plenum Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:16 PM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
IPD Plenum Install

Installation

After waffling back and forth on this upgrade, I finally decided to go for it. The plenum arrived and it's a very nicely finished and machined piece. The install is really quite simple.

1. Remove front engine cover.
2. Disconnect wiring harness from throttle body and boost pressure sensor.
3. Loosen hose clamps on outward side of intake hoses connected to Y plenum and slide off intake pipes.
4. Remove pins securing Y plenum to throttle body.
5. Slide plenum off throttle body.
6. Disconnect air hose at bottom of Y plenum and remove Y plenum assembly from vehicle.
7. Transfer intake hoses to IPD plenum and secure clamps on sides closest to the plenum. Screws on clamps should face rearward.
8. Remove boost pressure sensor from stock plenum and install in IPD plenum.
9. Remove metal retaining pins from IPD plenum.
10. Transfer hose bracket from factory plenum to IPD plenum.
11. Position IPD plenum for installation and reattach bottom air hose.
12. Slide intake hoses on air inlet pipes and lightly tighten hose clamps in position.
13. Slide IPD plenum on throttle body until its fully seated and reinstall two metal retaining screws to secure plenum to the throttle body.
14. Once in position, make any final adjustments to hose positions and fully tighten hose clamps.
15. Plug connectors back in for boost pressure sensor and throttle body.
16. Reinstall engine cover.
17. Done.

Here's a shot taken after installation, but before plugging the electrical connectors back in:

And here's a shot with everything back in place. The metal finish dresses up the engine compartment just a bit.

Driving Impressions

I did not dyno my vehicle before doing the install, nor do I have plans to dyno it in the future, so as much as I'd like to be able to report actual before and after dyno results I can't. But I can report actual driving impressions.

My first sense was that air flow to the engine was definitely enhanced - quicker responsiveness with throttle input and faster acceleration through the gears. I did this with no real expectations of achieving the claimed HP gains, but now that it's on, I will say it makes a perceptible difference in engine performance and I'm keeping it. A tune would pull all of this (2nd cat bypass pipes, APR diverter valves and IPD plenum) together, but the CTTS is now almost scary fast as is for a vehicle of its size, and I'm not even sure I need the tune now. If you have some spare cash laying around, I'm going to give this upgrade a double thumbs up!

Last edited by spooltime; 09-24-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM
ez1973 is infamous around these partsez1973 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the great write-up! I've been on the fence for a while myself, but now I'm leaning towards finally pulling the trigger.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Always nice to hear one is happy with the outcome of upgrades especially with all the money we spend on aftermarket parts!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Steve.zdravko is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the write up. IV been banging my head for this mod and now iv seen this diff going to do it. Neat ��

Old 07-18-2013, 03:02 AM
hadydaddy is infamous around these parts
i have installed this plenum on my CTT as well, cant confirm power gain however heard its safer than the plastic piping which are bound to break eventually