Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo Boost Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Steve.zdravko is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Cayenne Turbo Boost Question

Hi All

My 07 Cayenne Turbo at full acceleration only boost to 0.6 Bar at full throttle and slowing going down to .4 bar.
by looking at videos online apparently they all do it.

Is there a way to over ride this so at full acceleration it boosts at .8 bar?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, get one of the many ECU tunes and you will be boosting over .8 bar and closer to .9-1 bar.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
imola is infamous around these parts
before getting the tune, have you checked if there is a boost leak? diverter valve?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imola
before getting the tune, have you checked if there is a boost leak? diverter valve?
Pretty sure around .6 bar is normal for stock. Not 100% though - I could be wrong since I had an ECU tune within the first week.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
here is what I found from another site:

Stock boost pressure for the 450HP Cayenne Turbo should be max 0,6 bar which reduces slightly to about 0,5 bar at higher rpm.

The 500 HP E81 Powerkit should have max 0,8 bar reducing to 0,65-0,7 at higher rpm. (Not verified, but a reasonable assumption based on different sources, feel free to correct this one).

The 521HP Turbo S should have max 0,9 bar reducing to 0,75-0,8 at higher rpm. (Not verified, but a reasonable assumption based on different sources, feel free to correct this one).

Old 07-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Imola,

Good find - these look about right. So to wrap this up with a pretty bow, .6 bar is about right and does not necessarily imply a boost leak.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 PM
thanks for the reply

I have changed the DV to the Forge motorsport one 008 premium ones. as for ECU I do have one in there it is a plug in and play ecu.

the DV helped a lot smoother coming on boost but its just this boost problem im having that at full throttle needle doesn't seem to stay on .8bar as the gauge reads

the cayenne turbo is a 4.8L 957 not the 450hp.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
how long was the DV installed? when was it last serviced? what kind of ECU upgrade do you have? one way to solve your issue is to return them back to stock one by one to see which one is at fault.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 AM
only put the DV 4 days ago. not sure on the ecu im assuming ECS tuning.. I have the blue spring in the DV. do you think that the spring is to stiff and put one lower grade psi spring?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM
to be honest, there could be multiple reasons why the car doesn't hold the boost. Did it hold the boost when it was stock? I'm surprised that ECU tune only peaked at stock level as well.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Steve.zdravko
not sure on the ecu im assuming ECS tuning.
This sounds a little strange. I would think that anyone who spent a decent amount on money on an ECU tune, would know which performance company tune they went with. Are you positive you have an ECU tune (which is software that is loaded to alter the stock ECU programming)? In the event that you wrote a blank check for several mods at a shop, I would call the shop for clarification on the ECU tune.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I bought the car with the ecu in it. I can see the module but doesn't say the name or any sticker on it. I have unplugged it and it makes a big difference.
but I just found out by playing with the car on the freeway, with PMS off it is like its on steroids and it boosts to the full amount. only on normal drive it doesnt

Old 07-25-2013, 03:49 AM
hadydaddy is infamous around these parts
i have noticed that my boost level doesnt go to 0.8 bar unless if i slowly accelerate the car, otherwise if i floor it at once it will boost anywhere starting from 0.4 bar but no way up to 0.8 bar

Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by hadydaddy
i have noticed that my boost level doesnt go to 0.8 bar unless if i slowly accelerate the car, otherwise if i floor it at once it will boost anywhere starting from 0.4 bar but no way up to 0.8 bar
turn PSM off and floor it. see how you go

Old 07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
hadydaddy is infamous around these parts
i tried but it boosts 0.6 tops and returns back to 0.4 immediately