Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Diverter Valves vs recirculated bov's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
linksamui is infamous around these parts
Diverter Valves vs recirculated bov's

This sound stupid but I have a pair of greddy bov's that could be recirculate and i'm wondering if I could reuse them on my 04 cayenne turbo. I'm looking into getting the plenum and the air intake system to be redone in aluminium pipings. I saw a member on this forum done his and I'm not sure if those were BOV's.

I know diverter valves are preferred but for that noise factor and I have the part already would save me some money and put those to good use.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:06 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
They were Tial 50mm BOV's re-circ'd. Your greddy's will work as long as they are re-circ'd as well. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 AM
woohoo a reply.. love how you done your beast. which spring you have in those pair of tial bov's they look bad a**. Have any pictures of it?

Im not sure if my greddy would be a bit too small but they're type r bov's. I hope they would work. The shop told me they will need 3-4 days to fab similar to what you have. They have an idea of how it was done and would be done but they seem lost as well. Its their first porsche job.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna say they were the medium springs (blue?). Your type R's should work just fine. I'll see if I can dig up some pics and IM them to you. Are you doing some upgraded side mount intercoolers or front mount intercooler as well?

Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM
would likely to be front mount like your because the shop don't have any side mount beside the ones for 300zx and that could be much smaller than the older one just got to take it all apart to size up.

Had a meeting today was suppose to drop it at the shop so moving it tomorrow for new full cat back exhaust to see how that would do up and make appointment for the intake stuff.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM
sounds like a good plan. You're going to love the performance/response of the intercooler upgrades. If you can swing...get some turbo downpipes...those make a big difference too.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Would love to have a set of ar design down pipes install. They just look amazing and do make the cayenne sound like a monster.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Dropped my car off since this morning to get the exhaust done today. It's a few more hours from completion. Pictures will follow on tonight.

After talking with the master fabricator. He would do the pipings to the throttle body from the intercoolers and add in the bov's. It would take close to a week. For the front mount intercoolers his concern was for heat soak issues since being in southeast asia weather here are hot humid and rain and with horrible traffic we have. Driving during the day and rush hours could be out the picture. He want to keep it side mount maybe a thicker and bigger one.

Any one have the measurement for the stock 955 intercoolers?