Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

hesitation / bucking at low rpm when cold... any ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
hesitation / bucking at low rpm when cold... any ideas?

Guys, I am looking for some ideas here. I have a 2005 cayenne turbo with intake and full exhaust and the car ran flawlessly until I recently did a stage 1 tune from a local guy here (not naming names). It had a slight hesitation and some bucking at first so I took it back to him and he diagnosed it as plugs and coils (hardware problem). I had him replace both and it seems to still be doing it, especially when cold.

I let it warm up for a while, at least long enough for the revs to settle down after starting it. It has a really bad hesitation though for the first 10 minutes of driving it then it seems to go away.

He claims nothing with the tune was changed in the lower rpm's or that would affect cold start/drivability but I just can't seem to find why it is doing this. He thinks I may have burned another set of plugs, but the car had the stock plugs for the first 96k miles with zero issues. To think I went through a set of plugs in less than 300 miles seems outragous to me.

Any thoughts or help here?

Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I would look into the MAF. To test, you can simply unplug them and the car will default to a stock map. If the hesitation goes away, then it was your MAF sending bad values. If not, then I would start checking for boost leaks if you do not have any other codes.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:26 AM
sinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud ofsinister05CTT has much to be proud of
any clue what code 00907 intervention load management is? I got the car retuned and everything seems perfect now, actually better than ever but this was the code that came up the first time.

What is this? I searched online and didnt find much on it...

Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
That's a general low voltage fault that just about every Cayenne throws on a regular basis. That just means that at some point, the vehicle had to shut off some function because there wasn't enough voltage.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
so normal or in need of replacing the battery under the drivers seat?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Once the car is running, the alternator supplies a higher amount of current (to recharge the battery), so the need to replace the battery would be unlikely.

I interpreted XR4Tim's statement as that was a normal non-critical error code. If that is the case, then I would just enjoy your new tune and not worry about it.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM
I like the sound of that better! I am hitting the track again on Sunday for the final time this year to see if I can break into the 13.99's. Best so far is 14.3@99... DA has been 8-9000+ every time I have gone this year

Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM
That Density Altitude (DA) seems really high. Did you know there are DA calculators out there to figure out what your ET and trap speed would be at sea level? Curious to see what your adjusted numbers would say... Here is a link:

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php

Old 10-18-2013, 12:15 PM
yeah, been there, done that lol. around 12.94@109 to 13.04@107

the calculator is not 100% accurate but that was at 8660DA from a while back.

www.airdensityonline.com has some cool charts too, super easy so I just saved it as a bookmark and it updates automatically anytime of the day

Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I interpreted XR4Tim's statement as that was a normal non-critical error code. If that is the case, then I would just enjoy your new tune and not worry about it.
Correct.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 AM
ended up having some family things I had to deal with so I couldnt make it to the track sunday however I towed my wildcat into the mountains saturday and the car performed unreal! very happy!