Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Cayenne S 955 Stereo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Gasdoc955 is infamous around these parts
Porsche Cayenne S 955 Stereo Upgrade

Upgrading the sound system in my 2005 Cayenne S. For anyone interested in this process, I have done a lot of research including forum review. This will be compatible with my iPhone 5S with for all audio, video, bluetooth calls and music streaming, pandora, spotify, screen mirroring, etc.

I will be using:
1. headunit: Pioneer AVH x8500BHS
2. Axxess steering wheel control
3. Sirius XM sat tuner
4. Pioneer Back-up camera
5. NAVTV MOST HURR/955 adapter
6. In-Dash kit also made by NAV TV(for OEM-like fit)
7. JL audio 12inch subwoofer
8. Additional JL audio 500w mono block amplifier (just for subwoofer)
9. Valentine 1 radar detector will also be wired directly during this instal with hidden wires.

- The stock bose system will remain, including the amplifier and subwoofer. The system will be optimized before removing the OEM deck to have less base as this will be covered by the JL audio subwoofer. The stock sub will serve to provide mid. The NAVTV MOST HURR/955 adapter is what makes it possible to preserve the stock amplifier and wired bose fiberoptic system. Without it, you will need an aftermarket amp and need to rewire the speakers or replace them. This is certainly an option if your bose system is at all compromised as the MOST HURR adapter costs as much as doing those upgrades.

- The instrument cluster display will not be compatible. There will be no radio information displayed at top center of instrument cluster. I will report any issues with system or installation of the set up once it's complete next week.

- Will post pictures when complete.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Old 01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Any updates?

Old 01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
Where did you mount the satellite antenna? I had a similar install and the professionals put it on the plastic piece just under the windshield.

It cut out too much so they moved it up 2 inches onto the glass just under the wiper blades. Seems better but still not perfect...

Interested if you put yours on the roof, and where?