Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Mega Cheers to Alex & Arling! (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:27 PM
CromagNet is infamous around these parts
Talking Mega Cheers to Alex & Arling! (Lots more pics)

BooYah! Big belated cheers go out to Arling at Lucent Motors for hooking me up with the right info at the right time and the right wheels for the right price!

More Belated Cheers for Alex at Sharkwerks for the great info and attention to detail. He installed or helped install all the new goodies. Just need to get the 60HP Flash mod.

NEW PARTS
Techart Lowering Module
New Champion RG94 Wheels (22x10)
Pirelli Scorpion 295/30/22 Tires
Clear side markers
Extra tint all around

The Lowering module was the first item and it was well worth the money. It made the look and handling start to come together.

The Wheels were a major research project. Most all of the 22" wheels available were very heavy. They didn't improve the unsrpung weight or handling. I went for the more expensive and very distinctive Champion forged RG24 22"x10" wheels made specifically for the Cayenne. They weigh in at 29lbs.

The tires were another difficult choice. I really like the flat sidewall look of the Pirelli's but the info I found was that the Michelin's were quieter and stickier and since the profile was a bit larger at 285/35/22, they would be more comfortable. Arling also mentioned that the Pirelli's profile was more prone to bottoming out and to be careful.

I have damaged the wheel twice now from bottoming out on curbs. It was nothing that a local shop called Wheel Techniques couldn't handle. They specialize in wheel repair. http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

Now I'm just waiting for some custom decals for the side. "Turbo Pepper"

Thanks again guys!!

Here are a few pics

Last edited by CromagNet; 09-28-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I have a white Turbo Pepper coming this week. I don't want to get too crazy with this, famous last words , and am looking to do something similar. It looks GREAT!! I may have one that looks just like it soon.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:34 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Looks Great Man, Just got my CTT also, you're a bad influence just like Alex and Arling
I'm sure deetz will like this one

Last edited by alex911s; 09-26-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:44 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
DAMN!! YOU GUYS ARE NUTS

OKAY THATS IT, IM JEALOUS, I WANT A WHITE TURBO TOO

Old 09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by MANA
I have a white Turbo Pepper coming this week. I don't want to get too crazy with this, famous last words , and am looking to do something similar. It looks GREAT!! I may have one that looks just like it soon.
black centers!

Old 09-27-2005, 04:54 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Here comes the first 1000 hp Cayenne!

Old 09-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Alex, Black centers would be the call.

buddyg, Not this time!! I am buying this to be my daily driver and need it to be good in the winter too. It is freakin hard to resist though ...

Old 09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Seriously Tony.. that white one looks SICK. You don't see many white TTs!!! If any!!!

Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute

Not this time!! I am buying this to be my daily driver and need it to be good in the winter too. It is freakin hard to resist though ...
i call it BS. we'll make u say YES!

Old 09-27-2005, 01:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
arling you still have yours or did you sell it? I like the pano roof.. cool eh>

Old 09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 20C4S
i call it BS. we'll make u say YES!

Old 09-27-2005, 01:36 PM
sfbimmer is infamous around these parts
Nice job Tony, looks great! Let's get together soon for some pictures.

-Patrick

Old 09-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Ya! Thanks a lot guys

Forgot to mention that Alex also installed some new cool white fog lamp bulbs to better match the headlights. Looks too kewl with all four coming at ya. Just need to find some orange bulbs for the side markers to stay legal.

Other points to note, the steering wheel shake that I have with the old 19" stock setup is virtually gone. Occaisionally I barely notice a bit of shake but hardly anything.

As to the worry of having a stiffer/uncomfortable ride by switching to 22" wheel package, all I can say is, It's not too bat at all. I thought it would be jarring, but it isn't at all. In fact I like to ride around in Sport or Normal settings because the handling is excellent and more fun than before. I just switch to Comfort or extended stretches of rough road.

The MP3 upgrade that Denison is working on called ice>Link Fibre Plus for MOST is, according to a recent discussion with their staff is difficult and when it finally comes out will be even more expensive than originally thought
I really miss my 5000+ quality MP3's while driving.

Also looking forward to the extra kick of the Flash mod soon

Two thumbs up for the Sharkwerks team and Arling for their whole experience!

Old 09-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Doh! I was just going to send you an Email Patrick! Thanks for your help in deciding what to do with my mods

Hey Alex, any word on that photo shoot we talked about?

Old 09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
beemaze is infamous around these parts
Are you referring to the GIAC ECU flash?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mega Cheers to Alex & Arling! (pics)