Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed pipe owners...sound at cruise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed pipe owners...sound at cruise?

I'm considering getting Fabspeed bypass pipes (from a 6speeder) and worry a bit about the noise at a cruising speed. This will be replacing my E500 and needs to act as my freeway cruiser, so I need to have it nice and quiet for phone calls and listening to some tunes, what have you. I heard the soundfiles for them in acceleration, but what is your perception versus stock on noise during high speed cruise?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
The Cat Bypass pipes from Fabspeed arent notice-able for the General other people, you will notice it in the higher rpms.

Their mufflers with the cat bypass are SCARY! You will like the sound you get from them!

Old 02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
aparedes is infamous around these parts
At cruising speeds is quiet enough if you only do the cat by-pass! Shouldn’t bother you at all. The only time you can really notice them is under hard acceleration. Hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2006, 02:03 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Someone asked me at work what exhaust I have , they heard it after I left the other day, they said it sounds great In the cabin you could barely hear it, outside the car, the growl is just a wonderful sound I''ve heard one with both bypass pipes and exhaust from fabspeed, not really that loud either, but defnitely deeper sound...I'm thinking of getting the Supersprint exhaust, we'll see...

Old 02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex911s
Someone asked me at work what exhaust I have , they heard it after I left the other day, they said it sounds great In the cabin you could barely hear it, outside the car, the growl is just a wonderful sound I''ve heard one with both bypass pipes and exhaust from fabspeed, not really that loud either, but defnitely deeper sound...I'm thinking of getting the Supersprint exhaust, we'll see...
Yes you are! And the V-Flow

Old 02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
bitz49 is infamous around these parts
ive heard the cat bypass delivers poorly in the lower rev ranges. Is this true? Im thinking about getting it for my CTT.