Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Awesome snow machine!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:39 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Guys,

Had it out again this morning - there's no stopping this thing! Let's just hope I make it to Foxboro today for today's Pats/Dolphins game.

Anyway, the most amazing thing is that it is nearly impossible to spin this thing. I again tried to some hard turns at about 20mph and the electronics methodically slow it down to a crawl without incident. I actually think you'd be better off trying this method in a panic stop rather than slamming the brakes and hoping the ABS works.

Eric

Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ESK

Anyway, the most amazing thing is that it is nearly impossible to spin this thing. I again tried to some hard turns at about 20mph and the electronics methodically slow it down to a crawl without incident.
You're absolutely right. The PSM is just awesome. I tried doing the same and even with the crappy P Rossos on 19s, it still did not break the rear end loose! I tested the Cayenne against my ML500 and there is no comparison. The ML felt like a rear wheel drive car as the back just snapped out...fish tailing everywhere. I cant wait to get some snows on the pepper!

Old 12-07-2003, 03:23 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I AGREE!!

Old 12-12-2003, 12:53 AM
MarkAk is infamous around these parts
I drive my S daily in the snow here in Alaska and it was terrible with the stock 18" turanzas I put on Nokia Hakkeplettia dedicated snows and it is a totally different vehicle and is virtually unstoppable, I got a little greedy today with a parking spot and totally buried it and thought for sure I as stuck but I just raised the suspension to the high terrain level and engaged all of the differential locks and it backed right out. I have towed my four place enclosed snowmachine trailer and it works great except I have to figure out some wide mirror options to see around the trailer. So far nothing else on the road keeps up with it except my wifes allroad gives it a serious run for the money in the slick stuff and off the line.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:42 PM
cayenneak is infamous around these parts
Wink

HEY.......I thought I was the lone Alaskan here! I think I have seen you AK Club West...I'm the dude with the Titanium CayS...I saw those studded snow tire on your Cay...must go anywhere...my first year with studless winter tire, surprised how good they work...AK