Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed Bypass Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed Bypass Question

I might be buying a Fabspeed bypass for my V6 and was had some questions

1. How many labor hours to install?
2. Any warranty issues or problems?
3. Any noticeable performance (besides sound) gains?

thanks,

BD

Old 04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Im not 100% sure how much performance gains the V6 will achieve but it definatly allows your exhaust to flow much more efficiently and the sound is GREATLY improved.....It shouldnt take more than an hour to have them installed and at $550 its the cheapest mod for the Cayenne's.....No warranty issues at all.....they will do the install at the dealer if you want....just make sure you get the cats you removed...dont let the dealer keep them!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bentley500
I might be buying a Fabspeed bypass for my V6 and was had some questions

1. How many labor hours to install?
2. Any warranty issues or problems?
3. Any noticeable performance (besides sound) gains?

thanks,

BD
Shouldnt take that long on the V6 , since there's only one piece..
no warranty issues.. There are some people in rennlist that didnt like it ont he V6, you may want to check there also...

Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 PM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alex911s
Shouldnt take that long on the V6 , since there's only one piece..
no warranty issues.. There are some people in rennlist that didnt like it ont he V6, you may want to check there also...

ok great, im gonna check out rennlist.

thanks for the info

BD

Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
2nd that statement a lot of people did not like how the car sounded on a V6. Generally speaking bypass pipes are inexpensive, since they are just pipes with a few curves in them. If you want something that sounds better I would get the muffler done.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
hwo much for the CS?
shoudl i do this?

raja

Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
hwo much for the CS?
shoudl i do this?

raja
you dont have it yet? ban this guy please!

j/k, sounds great on the S, Raja, you'l definitely feel it..

Old 04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
I bought Alex's bypass pipes for my CT. No warranty issues that I know of. It sounds the same to me at all speeds, except outside at idle you can hear a little bit of a growl. I'm not sure if I'm having wishful thinking, but I do think it seems much more responsive at the top.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by alex911s
you dont have it yet? ban this guy please!

j/k, sounds great on the S, Raja, you'l definitely feel it..
i shoudl be banned. i have had my car for more than a year and had my 22" techarts + suspension sitting in the garage over a year. I finally put them on today. next techart body kit goes on this month.

where do i get the bypass from?
i want one now.

raja

Old 04-07-2006, 02:37 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
i shoudl be banned. i have had my car for more than a year and had my 22" techarts + suspension sitting in the garage over a year. I finally put them on today. next techart body kit goes on this month.

where do i get the bypass from?
i want one now.

raja
I got mine from Tregcentral.com a Vw site both the Fabspeed mufflers and the Bypass pipes

Old 04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Get them direct through Fabspeed -
You can have them drop shipped to your dealer. I just had them put on yesterday with new diverter valves on my CT. Love the subtle change, more resonance, slight growl, more sporty soound. I really want to do the whole exhaust now, or at least the dual muffler.
http://www.fabspeed.com/main.html
283 North Main Street Ambler, Pennsylvania 19002-5065
Voice: (215) 646-4945 Fax: (215) 646-9828 Email: info@fabspeed.com

Old 04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
i am gonna get it next week. those quad exhaust tips for the CT will they fit the CS if I change the rear valance?

graciassss

Old 04-08-2006, 07:53 PM
i am gonna get it next week. those quad exhaust tips for the CT will they fit the CS if I change the rear valance?

graciassss
yup it'll sure fit

Old 04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
damn. i am going broke with mods and redoing my office.
hhahaha

I guess u know what's coming up...

Old 04-09-2006, 04:56 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light

graciassss
Are you Getting the Mufflers you wont regret it Very Loud!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Bypass Question