Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Caragraphic lowering module ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:46 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Caragraphic lowering module ?

Hey fella's

Had a quick question. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the truck at the lowest setting and drive it. I want the truck to be slammed when it's rollin at all times.
Thanks

Old 07-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Ask Erik@cargraphic...

Old 07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally Posted by Cognac
Ask Erik@cargraphic...
Will do that monday!
Thanks

Old 07-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
there is a way that I did it with my Cargraphic PLM, i just dont know if I would call it safe or not because of the camber and other factors.

But, if you want to do it...

go to loading level in the truck. turn the truck off. Go to the back and open up the right storage spot in the trunk (where the cd changer would be located). In there, you will find your lowering module and ECU deal. Just simply unplug the whole air control unit. You can leave it in there, just leave it unplugged. The car will stay at the Cargraphic Loading level, and the only side affects I knew of was the red light on the dash. But, yeah I would probably ask Erik first.

Harris S.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by renntech36
there is a way that I did it with my Cargraphic PLM, i just dont know if I would call it safe or not because of the camber and other factors.

But, if you want to do it...

go to loading level in the truck. turn the truck off. Go to the back and open up the right storage spot in the trunk (where the cd changer would be located). In there, you will find your lowering module and ECU deal. Just simply unplug the whole air control unit. You can leave it in there, just leave it unplugged. The car will stay at the Cargraphic Loading level, and the only side affects I knew of was the red light on the dash. But, yeah I would probably ask Erik first.

Harris S.

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-11-2006, 05:39 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would say complete your truck with the techart lowering module since you have techart body, wheels , Why settle for mixing and matching products go for the techart module

Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Gert is infamous around these parts
The Techart module requires a dealer to program it and most aren't too keen to do that.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Gert is infamous around these parts
Habitat : If you disconnect the grey/pink and the red/blue wires from the lowering module, the speed related height adjustment is no longer working.
That makes it possible to drive at "loading level".

Old 07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Evan333 is infamous around these parts
Kerry,
I would strongly suggestion you don't do this! I have my FVD lowering module at the lowest setting and when I am in the lowered driving mode (not loading the next higher one) I actually still bottom out on big bumps! Driving around in loading mode would mean driving around on the bump stops which would not only kill the handling and ride of the truck, but also I would think its not too safe....

Just my opinion,
Evan

Old 07-11-2006, 02:45 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Evan... Doesnt feel like i have air anymore, it feels like my old techart springs on my S..lol Put people you dont like in the back seat

Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by alex911s
I agree with Evan... Doesnt feel like i have air anymore, it feels like my old techart springs on my S..lol Put people you dont like in the back seat
They might get back problems due to the stiffness of the Suspension!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Evan@FVD
Kerry,
I would strongly suggestion you don't do this! I have my FVD lowering module at the lowest setting and when I am in the lowered driving mode (not loading the next higher one) I actually still bottom out on big bumps! Driving around in loading mode would mean driving around on the bump stops which would not only kill the handling and ride of the truck, but also I would think its not too safe....

Just my opinion,
Evan
Thanks evan for that great advise.. I just needed some opinions on this. I will just run it the way it is.