Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

bypass pipes and chip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:36 PM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
bypass pipes and chip?

Hey guys..
I just left my dealer (tuner friendly)
They tell me that the bypass pipes and giac chip are the best way to go as far as safe tuning?
I was thinking cargraphics catback and fvd ecu?? any real world recommendations? I'm not looking to blow away a lamborghini just add a little umph on the initial acceleration? Maybe DV's will help them spool faster? Please give me a hand here as you are the authority on good/efficient upgrades...
Thanks for all of your advice in advance!

Old 08-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Ask Mr. Arling and Evan first!!!
They are Xpert and will make you from to !!!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Evan333 is infamous around these parts
Who you go with for the tuning is up to you... On the cayenne the 2 best mods for power are the Tuning and 2ndary Cat Bypass (With a muffler close behind). With the FVD ECU, BMC Filters, Secondary FVD Cat Bypass, and FVD Export Muffler (FVD Level 2) My Truck Dynoed at a gain of over 100HP and 160TQ! I have run down M3's, C5 Vettes, CLS55 AMG, etc... It is one FAST truck!
Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!
Regards,
Evan

Last edited by Evan333; 08-04-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Personally I went with the GIAC ECU and Fabspeed 2ndry bypass and cat back exhaust, and never looked back, the ECU program is amazing and loved by the dealerships....my hometown dealership (brandywine) does it in house.....and as for the fabspeed components....I purchased and installed them at Fabspeed here in Philly and was extremely impressed with the quality of the parts and sound of the truck.....its so loud i can set off any car alarm i want in mall parking garages ....but quiet enough to keep a low profile if necessary.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77
Personally I went with the GIAC ECU and Fabspeed 2ndry bypass and cat back exhaust, and never looked back, the ECU program is amazing and loved by the dealerships....my hometown dealership (brandywine) does it in house.....and as for the fabspeed components....I purchased and installed them at Fabspeed here in Philly and was extremely impressed with the quality of the parts and sound of the truck.....its so loud i can set off any car alarm i want in mall parking garages ....but quiet enough to keep a low profile if necessary.
Do you have any pics of your CTT? Sounds like a monster and I am curious to see the Gemballa body kit.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports. Just want to point out several things out regarding Cayenne and Touareg 2ndary catalytic converters bypass pipes/ catbypass pipes and empiracle data. JUST FOR THE RECORD!!

Fabspeed Motorsports was the 1st company to design and perfect the 2ndary catbypass pipes for the Cayenne Twin Turbo, Cayenne "S" and Cayenne V6 and the VW Touareg V8 & V6 Treg cars. Fabspeed Motorsports developed these MAXFLO performance parts several years ago as soon as the Cayenne & Touareg cars came out.

There are 4 cats on all of these cars.............the 1st MAIN cats have all the oxygen sensors and provide all the emissions cleaning necessary to "scrub" the exhaust. The 2nd set is easily removed and when removed better gas mileage, significantly more power and throaty sound and NO CEL lights. Fabspeed pipes are a super easy value added logical bolt-on tthat works.

Here is the funny parts that concern all of you enthusiasts as far as integrity and logic goes. QUESTION ask yourself>>> WHY do several German Tuners NOW sell 2ndary catbypass pipes for the Cayenne cars????????

Several years ago as soon as Fabspeed Motorsports began offering 2ndary catbypass pipes ........several big named GErman tuners on this and other web-boards immediately stated that " Cayenne cars lose horsepower and valuable torque when you install 2ndary catbypass pipes.....that is why we will never offer these parts".

Instead the German tuners offered $2000+ 2ndary racing sports cats for Cayenne and Touareg. The German tuners were offering and competing with a much more expensive and more lucrative product for THEM to sell than simple $595 Fabspeed 2ndary catbypass. There were many disparaging and negative posts from Herschel and others stating that the Fabspeed 2ndary catbypass pipes lose significant power and yada. I was pissed off and could not belive all the misleading nonsense on a logical product like the Fabspeed 2ndary catbypass pipes that we have proven on the DYNO!

GET THIS>>

NOW these tuners offer 2ndary catbypass pipes for more power and have shown their hipocracy and lack of ethics..........its all about the sales dollar.

I hate to be harsh BUT when Fabspeed was essentially called a liar and "purveyor of parts that dont make power" on these 2ndary catbypass pipes that we pioneered. With all the background is in the archives on these forums ..........now we have the final "smoking Gun"> The German Tuning experts (sic) are selling Fabspeed style knockoff 2ndary catbypass pipes.

Get your 2ndary catbypass pipes from Fabspeed Motorsports. A PCA member since 1986 and a proven manufacturer and developer that utilizes CNC mandrel USA T 304 stainless steel and mirror polishes everything to a show car shine. 2ndary catbypass pipes are an easy bolt-on answer for your car.

Have a great day

Joe Fabiani
President & CEO
215-646-4945 (9828fax)

Old 08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
feeling hot in here...

Old 08-05-2006, 09:27 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cognac
feeling hot in here...
Its a shame, the poor thread starter asked for real world advice, not why someone thinks their company is better than all of the others and who was the first to come to the market with a product... These things have nothing to do with this thread, not to mention are not 100% accurate (as usuall).
Hopefully he will get more helpful sources of information!
As I said feel free to let me know if I can be of any more assistance as I have a truck with the mods you are asking about.
Best Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 08-05-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Its a shame, the poor thread starter asked for real world advice, not why someone thinks their company is better than all of the others and who was the first to come to the market with a product... These things have nothing to do with this thread, not to mention are not 100% accurate (as usuall).
Hopefully he will get more helpful sources of information!
As I said feel free to let me know if I can be of any more assistance as I have a truck with the mods you are asking about.
Best Regards,
Evan
Well written Evan!!!

Why does Joe @ Fabspeed hijack this thread?
Doesn't the thread clearly stats this person is asking for "real world recommendations?"

Before I satrt, I'm not against any sponsors here totally!
This community provided lots of useful "real world recommendation" to people who wants to do mods on their cars including me.
I'm sure people who enjoy their car and share same interest in same community is priceless.
Also, getting a "real world recommendation" advice from well experienced tunners are priceless too!!!
Doesn't sponsors want to see more car enthusiast who mods their car properly?
In order to gain better community and product, this is certainly not the way to apporach to consumers.
Now, what's up with Joe @ Fabspeed?
This is not the 1st time I see him being so sensitive about others.
If you are so confident about it then let the consumer to decide who is the best in the market by providing a "real world recommendation".

I purchased 2nd cat bypass from Fabspeed and was happy with result but had some problems with fitting.(ref. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50693)
I wish Joe take more time to ensure thier product quality control than talk about others in order to have better future for Fabspeed.

Eric

Old 08-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Guys I usually carry a very low profile and dont post very often.

However, Fabspeed Motorsports was the 1st company in the world to develope these cayenne/touareg 2ndary catbypass pipes............when Fabspeed 1st offered these 2ndary catbypass pipes I was immediately was called a LIAR and SNAKE oil type sales outfit as certain firms "said the parts did not work.........and that they would never offer them as they did not work on the engine dyno in Germany".

I 100% proved that the parts worked on the street and DYNO and now I have been knocked off/copied again......... and the same companies are selling a similar product that is often TWICE as expensive and NOT as well made the original CNC mandrel bent Fabspeed product that is T 304 stainless steel and mirror polished to a show car shine.

Would you be mad and angry if you & your compnay was called a liar, misrepresenter and that the same competitors emphatically stated that they would NEVER EVER sell a certain part (2ndary catbypass pipes) because they dont work...............and NOW they sell a cobbled togther non mnadrel bent part?

In my future posts I will try to be less harsh BUT if you go into the archives it is all there and fabspeed was attacked and etc. I dont have to sit on the sidelines and take this .........would you take it if you were in my shoes?

I hope you understand.

best regards

Joe Fabiani
President & CEO
Porsche Club member since 1986 20 years
215-464-4945 (9828fax)

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 08-07-2006 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
Hi guys...thanks for the input..
I really didn't want to cause a stink here...(feel like the last guy in the gentleman's club with a dollar?) No need to fight over me..
I was just wondering if anyone actually used these products on "their own" vehicle...and if so, did they notice a loss in power (regarding the bypass pipes) or not..
My dealer (the exchange in IL) has a mechanic that recommends a giac/fvd chip and bypass pipes only.. i'm sure that this is a little conservative considering they tack on an extra grand just to "warranty" their work...
I'm looking for a real world application for an everyday driver. I'm not a big street racer nor do I want to ruin my car..but I do wan't to know that i can smoke an e55 or a nice "undercover" hotrod..
here in chicago I see some crazy cars... see my other post with the bugatti pic... not to mention the race that my wife and I saw an enzo, porsche gt, and ford gt racing on michigan ave last weekend,..ridiculous..
Anyway...A guy in a cherokee pulled up to me last weekend with four people in his car...he was giving me the smirk and made some comment as to how it cost me an extra 50k for a .10 of second?>> yada yada yada...so were at the light...my hands are squeezing the wheel...I give it a little gas and brake to get the turbos going..(which I later found out doesn't work)..the light turns green and he's off like i'm standing still..WTF? Now keep in mind that this is a half of a block but he still blew me away?
Now, I'm thinking...**** I should have bought the 911 (but my wife wanted an suv because were having another baby)...
what do I do here..I already have a nice suv (04 range rover) for the wife but I wan't something to give me the everyday practicality of a daily driver yet something that is undercover as far as speed...IE..m5, e55, e65, s65, ml63?...or just tune mine to get the umph that i'm looking for...

ALso, just curious but is the new turbo S insulated better than the 04' turbos'..?? I saw that video of the S vs. ml63..and in the one section where the tt was off road it had an interior shot where it sounded absolutely quiet?...mine tends to rattle a little? Does any of yours??

Either way, sorry to babble...It seems that this forum has been dead lately and i'm looking to get the dialouge going again...so please post some tuner advice guys!! come on...we're all porsche lover's ....let's play on the same team and stop worrying about whether or not there is enough sand to go around in this little box of life...It's all good!!! Be safe as always and godspeed~

Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 AM
DrivItLkUStolIt is infamous around these parts
Hi, I am not a tuner and I have not flashed my turbo yet. But it will happen soon. As far as racing from light to light. Make sure you trun off the PSM if you don't your the Cayenne will start in 2nd gear and then kick down to first. With the PSM off the Cayenne will start in first. major difference in the start. Not sure why porsche made it that way (gas mileage), (too much throttle reponse- is there such a thing? I think not). They should have a sport mode like my RS6 with a more agressive and adaptive map. Anyway, let's not here any more about being beat by a Jeep.