Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

help me on purchase a cayenne S in montgomery ,IL.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 03:02 AM
carholic is infamous around these parts
Question help me on purchase a cayenne S in montgomery ,IL.

first of all,i need some votes on S and TURBO
2005 cayenne S with 10000 miles..sunroof,towing,comfort package..$45000(said bottom priced)the car is in Montgomery, AL.
my gf will be the one drive it..i am not a big fun of any SUV,.and price and mainteen,etc are way cheaper.

2004 cayenne turbo 27000 miles.full loaded..$60000(maybe sell at 58000)this car is in downers grove,IL
just a little bit better looking..and more attention and rare then S. i think it maybe have better resale value then the S...however we dont need the extra performance.
what do you guys think?

NOW comes to the real question....i maybe go for the S...however both of them are from about 2000miles away.so i will be shipping the vechicle..whats the step to follow to have a smooth transation.the first dealer said 1000 deposit (not refund if i am back up on the deal)how can i arrange for a porsche dealer inspection,i am afraid if the car has paint work ...then i should get deposit back if it come out a repaint or other problem...then should i fly there and then ship it..what is a fair company for shipping?

any one is in montgomery ,IL to help me check out a car for me..?

i really appreciate all your input.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Banned
switchcars is infamous around these parts
When buying long distance, always of course instist on the carfax, but more than that, have them send you a purchase agreement stating that the $1000 deposit IS refundable, and contingent on an inspection. Pay to have a Porsche dealer do an inspection (few hundred $$), and if it checks out, go for it. There is no reason that the dealer should hold the deposit, unless for some reason you spin their wheels forever, which it doesn't sound like you're doing.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
bentley500 is infamous around these partsbentley500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carholic
first of all,i need some votes on S and TURBO
2005 cayenne S with 10000 miles..sunroof,towing,comfort package..$45000(said bottom priced)the car is in Montgomery, AL.
my gf will be the one drive it..i am not a big fun of any SUV,.and price and mainteen,etc are way cheaper.

2004 cayenne turbo 27000 miles.full loaded..$60000(maybe sell at 58000)this car is in downers grove,IL
just a little bit better looking..and more attention and rare then S. i think it maybe have better resale value then the S...however we dont need the extra performance.
what do you guys think?

NOW comes to the real question....i maybe go for the S...however both of them are from about 2000miles away.so i will be shipping the vechicle..whats the step to follow to have a smooth transation.the first dealer said 1000 deposit (not refund if i am back up on the deal)how can i arrange for a porsche dealer inspection,i am afraid if the car has paint work ...then i should get deposit back if it come out a repaint or other problem...then should i fly there and then ship it..what is a fair company for shipping?

any one is in montgomery ,IL to help me check out a car for me..?

i really appreciate all your input.

Wherea are u located? I think that the best decision would be to buy a CPO in your area.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:31 PM
hamiam is infamous around these parts
prices

i might be off-base with this comment but the prices on both the s and the turbo seem quite low to me. pull the carfax. make sure they were not in accidents or are being sold under a "salvage" title. and make sure they were not underwater in New Orleans during the flood. I also agree with the above; I think a CPO'd car is your best bet. Something goes wrong on one of these cars and it can be VERY expensive to fix. Its $300 or so for an oil change to give u a point of reference...

Old 08-12-2006, 04:40 PM
thanks guys for your help.
its so hard to find white ones in CA.thats why i have to browse in all states.
the turbo is from a big luxrury car dealer,the price is really the current market now.and it will be cheaper if they are not in white color...
both dealers have free car fax for thier cars....no salvage or flood damage from the carfax,...
thanks for the reference...yes,i do spend some money on the oil change and GAS...(non of my car less than 300HP)...i do drive long distance just for shoppings.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:45 PM
swithcars..thanks..
do you know how to arrange a porsche dealler to do a inspection ...do you think the used car dealer will take the car to the porsche dealer for me to do the inspection..of course i will call a local porsche dealer there to have a fully inspection..just dont know if theycan have some connections with the one i find.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
mja 996TT is infamous around these parts
there is a very large luxury car dealer in Downers Grove with a very bad reputation; do a search. My dealer is right down the street from Downers Grove. If after your research you still want to proceed, pm for the name and phone number of the service manager.

I would suggest that you be patient and find the right cpo car closer to home.

good luck

Old 08-13-2006, 02:46 AM
thanks...the turbo is from luxury motor.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Sniper112 is infamous around these parts
i too want to know about the resell value comparsion between the turbo and S