Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Electronic lowering module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Mark Terry is infamous around these parts
Electronic lowering module

I've been debating for awhile as to which direction I should go with getting a lowering module for the air suspension. There's been no real full feedback on this. My concerns are ride quality and any problems with plugging into the factory unit. The techs at the dealer tell me there has been guys coming in with problems with aftermarket lowering units but they can't remember which ones. Any help in this area would be appreaciated. I think the lowering bolts from 9ff look unstable & the cost is rediculous for 4 bolts.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
Old 09-09-2006, 11:57 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
plastic vs metal!?

Originally Posted by Mark Terry
... I think the lowering bolts from 9ff look unstable & the cost is rediculous for 4 bolts.
Mark, the 9ff lowering method is very elegant and simple. It replaces the inexpensive fixed length links to the air sensor with high quality, durable *adjustable* lowering links.

The beauty of the system is in its sheer simplicity.

Take a look at the OEM and the 9ff links and YOU tell me which look "unstable" - by the way, Porsche parts can be rather expensive. The plastic OEM links are `$125 a PIECE. Obviously, they are both weak and inexpensive to produce. 9ff is a far smaller company than Porsche AG.

You can see the locking pins that back up the torqued nuts that lock the links length.

When you consider that they were designed and produced by 9ff to a higher standard of tolerance the price IMO is too LOW!!

Here is the plastic OEM link.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Metal vs Plastic pt. deux

Here is the metal 9ff link

Old 09-10-2006, 02:23 AM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
I have also been wondering which lowering modules you guys use

Rinspeed and gemballa both have to tap into the main wires whereas others are more plug and play? do you guy have one that you recommend? I have a used rinspeed one but my dealer refuses to install it due to having the wires tapped..They are recommend one that is just "plug and play"

any recomendations will be helpful

Old 09-10-2006, 08:38 AM
mja 996TT is infamous around these parts
my dealer felt the same........... I went with the techart 'plug and play' and love it. no problems whatsoever.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 AM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have or know of a used one that i can buy?? Either way..I'm selling my rinspeed module for 1k..let me know if anyone wants one..

Old 09-10-2006, 01:00 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I use to have the techart one it was very good no problems at all easy to install and easy to put the factory unit back I still have the unit if somebody interested to buy it

Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
ffr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ECB
Mark, the 9ff lowering method is very elegant and simple. It replaces the inexpensive fixed length links to the air sensor with high quality, durable *adjustable* lowering links.

The beauty of the system is in its sheer simplicity.

Take a look at the OEM and the 9ff links and YOU tell me which look "unstable" - by the way, Porsche parts can be rather expensive. The plastic OEM links are `$125 a PIECE. Obviously, they are both weak and inexpensive to produce. 9ff is a far smaller company than Porsche AG.

You can see the locking pins that back up the torqued nuts that lock the links length.

When you consider that they were designed and produced by 9ff to a higher standard of tolerance the price IMO is too LOW!!

Here is the plastic OEM link.
Could someone install both the 9ff links and a lowering module?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
ffr!

don't you have electric module? i thought you did...
btw, you can adjust(by turning the **** BEFORE install-not like press of button ) height from 40mm to 60mm.*each turn gives you +-4mm.

but i was advised from 9ff not to go beyond 40mm which you can drop up to 60mm.

fyi-i remember evan's tt which had beyond 40mm drop(i assume) with fvd electric module...looked insane!
also, i heard you might bottom out if you drop beyond 40mm.

if you are planning for both...
IMHO, i'd rather ask you to go with one...not both.