Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Opinions on 22" wheel choices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:07 PM
ocheadhunter is infamous around these parts
Opinions on 22" wheel choices?

I'll apologize in advance if this is a well worn topic, but I'd appreciate any thoughts on pro's and con's or opinions on the following 22" wheel choices:

TechArt Formula's: who doesn't love the look, but heavy?
Champion RG5B: nice, forged, lightweight, but expensive?
Rinspeed C5/1: I don't know much, but I like the way they look...forged?.
Sport Tec Mono 10: I've just seen photo's...look nice.
Any others?

So far I'm leaning towards the C5/1's...

BTW, my CS is Titanium and I'll be ordering or painting the wheels an anthracite color.

Last edited by ocheadhunter; 10-04-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 PM
sumat is infamous around these parts
Pros on a forged wheel: lightweight, but weight it against the question: Are you gonna feel substantial difference on a SUV between a forged or cast alloy wheel?

Formula/C5-1: Both cast alloy wheels. Are they heavy for a 22" cast alloy? Not really. There's much worse bling bling 22" wheels chromed out that weigh much more.

Mono 10s... lightweight and imo looks better on a Carrera.

In the end, it's all personal preference, brand name and fashion.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Get formulas or the new rinspeed 22s. Those look the clasiest in my opinion

Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneS2083
Get formulas or the new rinspeed 22s. Those look the clasiest in my opinion
I really like them both, too! Lot's of TechArts around here, only one set of Rinspeeds that I've seen, (the black one with candy stripe calipers)

Thanks for the input, it's a tougher decision to choose than I thought.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by sumat
Pros on a forged wheel: lightweight, but weight it against the question: Are you gonna feel substantial difference on a SUV between a forged or cast alloy wheel?

Formula/C5-1: Both cast alloy wheels. Are they heavy for a 22" cast alloy? Not really. There's much worse bling bling 22" wheels chromed out that weigh much more.

Mono 10s... lightweight and imo looks better on a Carrera.

In the end, it's all personal preference, brand name and fashion.
I didn't know the C5/1's were cast. I was told by one dealer that they were forged. I'm still not sure what they are.

I saw one black Cayenne posted here someplace, that had 22" Sport Tecs that looked very good.

Good points! Still a tough little choice/decision.

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2006, 10:31 PM
JDN17 is infamous around these parts
I'm really digging the look of the Champion RG5B's... think they would look perfect on the right color Cayenne. Have you checked out the set on eBay right now? While I like the TechArt's, I think I prefer the Rinspeeds. They're a fresher look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by JDN17; 10-05-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
those Champions are sweet.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:47 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally Posted by ocheadhunter
I'll apologize in advance if this is a well worn topic, but I'd appreciate any thoughts on pro's and con's or opinions on the following 22" wheel choices:

TechArt Formula's: who doesn't love the look, but heavy?
Champion RG5B: nice, forged, lightweight, but expensive?
Rinspeed C5/1: I don't know much, but I like the way they look...forged?.
Sport Tec Mono 10: I've just seen photo's...look nice.
Any others?

So far I'm leaning towards the C5/1's...

BTW, my CS is Titanium and I'll be ordering or painting the wheels an anthracite color.

I had 22's on my cayenne TT and bent one and cracked another. I love the look of the 22''s but god, make sure you are careful. I didn't even hit that big of a pothole and did $1500 worth of damage. These trucks weigh alot to be ridin on some small a$$ tires. I'm sticking with 20''s!

just my opinion.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by JDN17
I'm really digging the look of the Champion RG5B's... think they would look perfect on the right color Cayenne. Have you checked out the set on eBay right now? While I like the TechArt's, I think I prefer the Rinspeeds. They're a fresher look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, I know...I really like these. Clean, classic design and I hear they are strong forged wheels. My CS is titanium, black trim package, black roof rails, and tequpiment side skirts...thought about painting the centers of these titanium gray.

Does anyone have these or a picture of these Champions mounted? Anyone have or have seen the 22" Rinspeeds mounted?

Thanks this is helping....!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by habitat
I had 22's on my cayenne TT and bent one and cracked another. I love the look of the 22''s but god, make sure you are careful. I didn't even hit that big of a pothole and did $1500 worth of damage. These trucks weigh alot to be ridin on some small a$$ tires. I'm sticking with 20''s!

just my opinion.
Point well made. I followed your threads on your decision with great interest. I don't drive my truck much, and when I do, it's for short runs around town. Here in OC, the roads are in pretty pristine condition. I presently have 20" Champion RS97's in Hyper black, and while they are great, but they still look too small to me. It may b the color, and it may be the lip dsign, but the wheel gap just never looks right to me. You do make a good point though.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 AM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
i am considering selling my Cayenne and might part with the Gemballas on it...

22's, painted to match the car

Old 10-06-2006, 01:20 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Too bad Rinspeed does not have their 23"s in 22" size. Those are my faves.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:22 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally Posted by ocheadhunter
Point well made. I followed your threads on your decision with great interest. I don't drive my truck much, and when I do, it's for short runs around town. Here in OC, the roads are in pretty pristine condition. I presently have 20" Champion RS97's in Hyper black, and while they are great, but they still look too small to me. It may b the color, and it may be the lip dsign, but the wheel gap just never looks right to me. You do make a good point though.
Well if you don't drive it everyday and your not beating on her you should be fine with 22''s.
Good luck!

Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Too bad Rinspeed does not have their 23"s in 22" size. Those are my faves.
They do! That's one of the wheels I'm considering. They just came out with 22" C5/1's...silver, anthracite or black.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:30 AM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
These are the Rinspeed's I had replaced with OEM Techno's. The 23's look sick on the car but caused alot of vibration despite every effort to balance them.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on 22" wheel choices?