Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Which lowering module should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Which lowering module should I get?

I want to lower my CTT. Which air suspension lowering module is best and why? I am clueless on the subject!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
techart is the way too go.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
techart is the way too go.
Why is Techart the way to go?

Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Periokid
Why is Techart the way to go?
Because Lil Raja SAYS so!

Old 10-31-2006, 12:45 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
david,
i like Techart lowering module is because it replaces the factory module with no extra hassle on the install. it basically resets the factory height/level. before u can't drive the car at ''loading'' level now u can (though bumpy). the new ''loading'' level is lowered than before by another inch or so. the major +1 factor is there's no 2nd switch required like CG lowering kit which a separate switch is installed on the dash center console. that kills the factory clean look imo.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
pricey but should get good result from techart. ez to install.
i haven't heard any complaints yet.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 20C4S
david,
i like Techart lowering module is because it replaces the factory module with no extra hassle on the install. it basically resets the factory height/level. before u can't drive the car at ''loading'' level now u can (though bumpy). the new ''loading'' level is lowered than before by another inch or so. the major +1 factor is there's no 2nd switch required like CG lowering kit which a separate switch is installed on the dash center console. that kills the factory clean look imo.
i have a question arling.

do you need to align after install a techart module?

if so, what is proper level to set at?

Old 11-01-2006, 01:22 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's always good to recheck the alignment but remember u're not removing any parts on the actually suspension. u also brought up another point. u can't not drive the car in ''loading level'' from factory setting but after installing the lowering module the new ''lower level'' is about the same as ''loading level'' from factory. the ride will be bumpier only if u drive the car in the new ''lower lever'' due to more compressed shocks. i still prefer driving the car in ''normal level'' & that way u don't need to realign the car.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:16 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
how much roughly is the techart module? Are they any other modules that compare?

Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM
retail on the the TA module is $2,499.00.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Cargraphic Cayenne Lowering Module

Greetings 6 Speeders,

You do not have to install the switch on the dash as previosuly mentioned. In fact the switch can be mounted in the center console (invisibly) or left in the truck next to the Module. Most customers go with the trunk mounted option becuase the module never really needs to be turned off.

We usually have these in stock and ready to ship. Retail price is $1950, but we can do a 6 Speed Special at $1795. These are great lowering modules and I've never heard a complaint with installation or function. Cargraphic makes hundreds of these things and they all work exceptionally well.

http://www.cargraphic.com/index.php?/s,6,7,18,709,1121/

Thanks Guys,
Greg
RSS
714-545-1046

Old 11-01-2006, 03:42 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
interesting... what is the difference (if any) b/w the Cargraphic module and the Techart Module?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Cargraphic Cayenne Lowering Module

A few key points regarding the Cargraphic Lowering Module are…

1. The techart module is a reprogramming of the factory air ride control
computer. They are notorious for throwing air suspension warning lights (the
equivalent to a check engine light) I have sold dozens of Cargraphic
lowering modules that replaced the Techart units.

2. The Cargraphic lowering module can be removed when and if the vehicle is
sold or if your dealership doesn’t exercise good customer service etiquette when it comes to warranty work.

3. The price tag on the Techart Lowering module is a little on the steep side.

4. The Cargraphic system performs flawlessly. It lowers each of the drive modes 40-60mm and increases dampening approximately 15% for a much more spirited drive.

5. The by-pass switch allows you to go into “safari” mode if you feel the need to cross any deep rivers during your expeditions. You can simply flick a switch and the factory air control parameters default the system to the stock ride heights.

6. Also the Cargraphic Lowering module has the ability to be Fine Tuned to suit your specific driving style and vehicle stance positions, through easy to control set screws.

Thanks Again Gentlemen,
Greg @ RSS

Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by RSSGREG
A few key points regarding the Cargraphic Lowering Module are…

1. The techart module is a reprogramming of the factory air ride control
computer. They are notorious for throwing air suspension warning lights (the
equivalent to a check engine light) I have sold dozens of Cargraphic
lowering modules that replaced the Techart units.

2. The Cargraphic lowering module can be removed when and if the vehicle is
sold or if your dealership doesn’t exercise good customer service etiquette when it comes to warranty work.

3. The price tag on the Techart Lowering module is a little on the steep side.

Thanks Again Gentlemen,
Greg @ RSS
1. i don't recall that being a problem & i've probably sold just as many module as u do. i don't mind selling the CG module as well & would like to work with u on other CG product since u guys have way better rep than the old CG rep. at this point i'll leave it up to the customer to decide which one to go.

2. same on Techart. actually there's no extra wiring required like other module. no wires, no switch just plug & play.

3. i don't advertise my price on board to go into a price war with other sponsor/friends but frankly no one pays retail thesedays.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:49 AM
mja 996TT is infamous around these parts
I bought my Cayenne Tubo in Feb. 06; the second mod was the techart lowering module (after exchanging emails with Arling). I have not had one warning light or problem of any kind. Selling dealer did install without a hitch.

IMHO, if you've just spent 60 to 120k for a Cayenne what's a few hundred difference for a Techart?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which lowering module should I get?