Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Opinions needed: X5 4.8 vs Cay Turbo vs RR super charged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
evo_333 is infamous around these partsevo_333 is infamous around these parts
I've driven all three cars you are questioning.... RR sport is a pig, it looks great on the outside, but is extremely boring to drive, unless you are a big off-roader.

4.8is has a good feel to it, but the inside and outside of the x5 is dated and I would wait for the launch of the new bodystyle. Acceleration is much faster the RRsport, but not quite up to par with CTT.

CTT has the best of both worlds IMO. It's the fastest of the bunch and the inside is pretty nice. I don't think the CTT looks the best out of the three (my choice goes to the RRsport), but I quickly forgot how it looked once I got behind the steering wheel. The negative aspect (as said above) is the facelifted model CTT will be coming out some time next year, so this might factor into your decision. Also, I've been told they will be introducing a totally new body style about a year after the facelifted model comes out....

if you want a fast and fun SUV to drive, the CTT is first, X5 follows in second and the RRsport supercharged a far third.

Last edited by evo_333; 11-14-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
I seriously suggest to check out and drive ML63 and cayenne in one day and make your decision!

Old 11-14-2006, 05:44 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
ML63-TO UGLY
X5 4.8IS- PLEASANT NA POWER
RANGE ROVER SPORT-SEXY but not the fastest, it's British
CTT-Fastest of the bunch with room for upgrades

I would personally pick the Range Rover Sport, One of the best looking suv's out there.

Image Hosting

Last edited by kaz555; 11-14-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
From all that I've heard, the Range Rover Sport is all show and no go.

ML63 is a strong performer, but Mercedes and Bimmers are so boring. The ML63 looks just like a regular M, and any cool factor it might have will be gone in a short time.

If you can strike a good deal, go for the ultimate -- Cayenne Turbo S.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Just to update everyone about my situation: I ended up purchasing a Cayenne TURBO S!!!! I got one hell of a deal on it and if anyone is in the market for one, I know of another black one and white one available for a very significant discount. Were talking a lot more then 10g's! Anyways, some specs on the Cayenne Turbo S are : Sport design package, sport techno's, sports seats, satelite radio, cd changer, moonroof...I can't remember the rest. Pics will be up shortly when its clear out in southern california. Thanks to all the repliers to my post.

Frank

Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
Congrats! With the horsepower and the equipments on that car, you will be kicking some serious ***!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by phrankandbeanz
Just to update everyone about my situation: I ended up purchasing a Cayenne TURBO S!!!! I got one hell of a deal on it and if anyone is in the market for one, I know of another black one and white one available for a very significant discount. Were talking a lot more then 10g's! Anyways, some specs on the Cayenne Turbo S are : Sport design package, sport techno's, sports seats, satelite radio, cd changer, moonroof...I can't remember the rest. Pics will be up shortly when its clear out in southern california. Thanks to all the repliers to my post.

Frank
Congrats....now post some pics

Old 11-16-2006, 10:41 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would go for the Cherookee SRT8, Looks radical and if you ever get bored of it there are many aftermarket products available and dont cost that much.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:35 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
RR Sport while not that fast from an hp perspective is certainly the most comfortable car to drive out of the bunch...

Old 11-17-2006, 10:33 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rockitman
RR Sport while not that fast from an hp perspective is certainly the most comfortable car to drive out of the bunch...

What is "comfortable" for you?
For me the CTT is a super smooth ride and the stiffness and quality can be adjusted to your liking.

The RR is well appointed inside and does have a "rich" feel, however it is a sloppy pig on the road and slalom. The Cayenne TT with full leather everywhere and any type of trim, for that matter, isn't hurt'n for interior quality and it is a truly nimble SUV.

Last edited by kooser; 11-17-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Titanl9 is infamous around these parts
I drove all you mentioned, focused on the RR Sport Supercharger and spoke with 3 dealers, but bought a CTT in the end. I have a C2 and wanted a utility for a number of activities. The RRSport is really nice, but first off I didn't like the attitudes I encountered at the dealers. They were a bit to high and mighty and not responsive unless I was willing to buy it now. When they realized I wasn't impulsive, they cooled to much. In any case, the suspension was a bit mushy, steering felt like a family ride. What I didn't like was they are loading them up with every conceivable option regardless. It was impressive when they drove it on the little makeshift rock climb, however, I'll never benefit from that function.
In the end, there was absolutely no comparison to the CTT. First and foremost my Porshe dealer is outstanding for a number of reasons. They gave me the keys and said go enjoy, we came back in 40mins. I wanted an SUV that required me to drive it... was fast, yet had 4-wheel abilities, some luxury, and had a good sound system. The CTT has it all and more. In the end, my dealership got another sale thanks to their understanding of how to sell their cars and the buyers mentality.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:40 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
have u considered the g55?

Old 11-24-2006, 08:23 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by chidoks
have u considered the g55?
Its 500hp for 2006 and gets anthratice colour wheels instead of bright silver.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Titanl9 is infamous around these parts
Just got back from a 1200mi shake down golf trip in my CTT. What a vehicle! Outstanding comfort, great sounds, acceptable mileage, while giving me the feeling of power, control and versatility. Took it to 125mph, with intervals to 110mph, cruised around 100-103mph all the way to destination with 3 people and gear - it was smooth as silk Loved the adjustable suspension and really took to using the gear shift for tip shifting in "M". Also noticed by using the tip shifter in manual, low end turbo lag wasn't nearly as noticeable as it is when using "D" auto.

Even had a few thumbs up thrown my way in slow traffic and a little ole lady walking around it at a gas station. She was taken and couldn't believe it was a Porsche.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
FYI, the reason for your harsh ride on the X5 is the bushings and control arms typically go out at 50k miles. Also your front shocks prob need to be replaced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed: X5 4.8 vs Cay Turbo vs RR super charged