Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

BAD experience with my dealer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 02:20 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
BAD experience with my dealer!

I own a Cayenne S and bought it from Herb Chambers Porsche in Boston, MA.

My car had a problem last friday night, the fuel gauge is always empty, temperature detector is blank, and my mileage didn't go up(which is a good thing).

I went to my dealer on Monday because they weren't open in the weekend. I asked the service guy when I can get my car back, he said that he has to order the parts and he isn't sure when it can be fixed. I'm fine with this. Today, I went to the dealer to ask for a loaner car. Aren't they supposed to give me a Porsche loaner car because my car is a Porsche too?

He called the rental car company next to the dealer and asked for "any" car. First mistake, he did not give us the Porsche loaner car. Second mistake, he has an attitude problem because he did not respect me and my brother at all. The car from the rental company arrived in few minutes, guess what? It's a 5k worth of car, WTF? It's very dirty, you can't see $hit. I don't even know what brand the car was!!! I was so pissed, he did not give me any respect at all... Even he asked for my bro's credit card (what the hell is this for)

Everytime I go to the service to fix the problems on my car, he always gave me the $hit look and his attitude problem. What a bad day for me!!

Last edited by DEETZ; 02-10-2004 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 PM
GO 6SPEED!
and there is another problem with the sales person!

My dad traded in the old 540i for Cayenne S, and do you guys know what the guy said?

"I will return your deposit, we do not need to sell the car to you because we can EASILY get another customer"

Oh man, why are they having atittude problems? Doesn't mean that they work for Porsche, they have everything. Look at how much salary they get? oh gosh...

Old 02-10-2004, 06:42 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
Herb Chambers-- What a surprise. They are infamous for bad attitude and service. What are the names of the people you dealt with?

Old 02-10-2004, 07:01 PM
chilli puddy is infamous around these parts
Reflection of attitudes....

It is never right to treat another person poorly regardless of their background or culture. People also react to the actions and speech of others as well. Wonder what was said to the salesperson that made him react that way. Just food for thought and maybe a little self reflection is warranted.

Good Luck

Old 02-10-2004, 07:33 PM
cayenneman is infamous around these parts
It is never ok to treat customers poorly. I dont care what was said, guy willing to come in to your dealership and throw down 70 grand on a truck should be treated golden. I had a similar experience at range rover, I went in seriously considering buying a truck and was treated like trash. The next week I got my cayenne. They treat me better than anyone I've ever dealt with. Free washes and gas if I ever have to go out there, I mean the whole nine. Hello, thats part of the reason you pay the type money you do for a porsche. As far as a loaner, nothing less than boxster.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
When Porsche calls you and ask you for a service rating tell them what happend and give them a poor rating.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM
chilli puddy is infamous around these parts
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your statement 'anyone throwing down 70k should be treated like golden'. So because you have the resources, you can disrespect another? Is money the key? So how should other people who can't afford 70k be treated? I understand fully and probably more so than most that ALL should be treated with consideration and respect. Even the pushy,less than honest salesman as well.

Your other statement 'I don't care what was said'....hmmmm

I don't think you would feel the same if the tables were turned.

Take care

Old 02-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Gusto is infamous around these parts
Talking

I hate poor service, regardless of where I go. A resturant, dealership, or where ever. I wonder why the sales man was so **** to you Deetz? Maybe he's jealous of something....

Last edited by Gusto; 02-10-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:32 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Originally posted by AeroTT
Herb Chambers-- What a surprise. They are infamous for bad attitude and service. What are the names of the people you dealt with?
Justin Becker from the Service department, I'm not sure about the Sales one.

Eventhough Chambers is a bad dealer, there is one BMW Service guy called Ali, he is very nice, he always treats us nicely. He is polite, he does his jobs well, he never gave us that attitude problem. He is the only person I can trust and recommend from Chambers, other than that uhh... forget them

Old 02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Originally posted by cayenneman
It is never ok to treat customers poorly. I dont care what was said, guy willing to come in to your dealership and throw down 70 grand on a truck should be treated golden. I had a similar experience at range rover, I went in seriously considering buying a truck and was treated like trash. The next week I got my cayenne. They treat me better than anyone I've ever dealt with. Free washes and gas if I ever have to go out there, I mean the whole nine. Hello, thats part of the reason you pay the type money you do for a porsche. As far as a loaner, nothing less than boxster.
My friend wanted to buy a VW Touareq and I drove her to the VW dealer with my car (Cay S). The sales guy treated us so nicely, but this is not the way they should think of customers. If we drive cheap cars to the dealers, doesn't mean that we do not own any money to purchase the expensive cars.

For my loaner car? I got the worst car! I don't even know what brand that is and the thing pissed me off the most is the "anything" (when Justin answered the rental company about what car he wanted me to get)

Old 02-10-2004, 08:37 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Originally posted by Gusto
I hate poor service, regardless of where I go. A resturant, dealership, or where ever. I wonder why the sales man was so **** to you Deetz? Maybe he's jealous of something....
I don't think he is jealous at all, I'm sure he isn't paid that low since he is the only Porsche service person in Herb Chambers, he handles so many P-cars in Boston area. Is it because I am 18 years old? But I don't think that's supposed to be the case since my 22 year old bro was treated the same way

Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
No surprise here, Herb Chambers is the worst dealer around. They have the large inventory and cater to the foreigners but their service absolutely stinks. DEETZ, go to Claire for service instead and do not bring the BMW there. For BMWs, go to Gallery in Norwood, Foreign Motors West, or BMW Peabody. I lose respect for this man everytime I see him driving his McLaren F1 in February. He is a great businessman, but not a car guy, and his dealers show it. Sorry to hear about the bad experience DEETZ.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:03 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Thanks TCM, I have so much homework for tomorrow and a test, and that dealer pissed me off.

I heard that Foreign Motors West is good, my friend goes there for BMW services. They even gave her a ride to her school, babson college, when her car was in service. The same thing happened to my friend, her 3 series went for service in LA, and she was taken back home with 7-series.

For my BMW, I still go to Herb Chambers because I know Ali and he is a good guy, he is the only one I can trust from Chambers. But for Porsche, do you know any other places I can go for service?

Thanks

Old 02-11-2004, 08:09 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Bring the Porsche to Claire(sp) or Ira instead. I am not really educated enough about Porsche dealer service, but they must be better then Herb.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:05 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Wierd....Justin always takes car of me...He is the coolest manager ever IMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD experience with my dealer!