Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Best exhaust system for 06 CS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 AM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Originally Posted by hendrady
I'm sorry, I haven't had any chance to take pictures of it yet. I'll be posting them on the forum these couple of days tho.. anyway, I paid $550 for the custom mufflers, but that was a 1 time deal "he" said. The original price should be $850<
So all that was changed was the muffler right? Is there a "brand" to this muffler? Can I use my Cayenne S exhaust tips on it? How is the fitment? How long did it take? I am VERY interested in this mod... and even at $850, its still hell lot cheaper than the other exhausts for the Cayenne . Any more information that you can provide will be extremely useful.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 AM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Does the exhaust look like the 2nd pic in this gallery?

http://www.aaaexhaust.com/PORSCHE.html

Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 AM
hendrady is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thsiao
So all that was changed was the muffler right? Is there a "brand" to this muffler? Can I use my Cayenne S exhaust tips on it? How is the fitment? How long did it take? I am VERY interested in this mod... and even at $850, its still hell lot cheaper than the other exhausts for the Cayenne . Any more information that you can provide will be extremely useful.
Yes, just the muffler. The brand name for mine is "Elite", they actually have 2 kinds. Elite and Magnaflow, but Elite will give you a louder, and more aggrasive sound. You can use ANY tips you want they will adjust the position of those mufflers so that your exhaust tips can show nicely. They also have custom tips if you need one. I would say that the fitment is perfect, I am very happy with it. It took me 4 hours max to install everything.

Oh yes, they also have a limited 1 year / 12,000 miles warranty on those mufflers. =)

Old 12-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Does the exhaust look like the 2nd pic in this gallery?

http://www.aaaexhaust.com/PORSCHE.html
YES! I didnt know they actually have a website. The muffler for cayenne V6 will look exactly like the 2nd picture(the black cayenne v6). However, I requested for mine to be positioned to look like the techart mufflers.

So far, I've been very happy with the sound of my car. But it is still a V6. Yours is a CS, they will no doubt sound louder coz its a V8, but might not sound as good as if you put on fabspeed, techart, rinspeed, cargraphic, etc.. so, i recommend you to get sound samples before you install them.

=)

Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Pictures

Thsiao.. Here are some pics for you.. =) Just remember that I did take some pictures.

Attached Images    
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
nicely done...

Last edited by Cognac; 12-06-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Thx Cognac

Hey, Thx cognac, how did you enlarge those pictures?

Old 12-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
photobucket.com

Old 12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
What exhaust tip did you choose? Seems like you have the Techart tips with the rear bumper uh? I don't think those will fit on my OEM rear bumper. So Magnaflow is less loud? But isn't Magnaflow a more reliable brand since its more popular? Never heard of Elite... is the Elite full stainless steel? Any signs of rust? ****... I really want it now... I will for sure get it next year... but confused as to which muffler and tip to get.

Maybe Elite with OEM tips? I don't really like their "dual" tip that shows on their website... doesn't seem to fit that nice since it seems that the tips are touching the bumper.

Also... hehehe... where did you get your tailights smoked? How much did you pay? I'd also be interested in this mode. Your ride looks hot as hell... VERY NICE.

Last edited by thsiao; 12-06-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
What exhaust tip did you choose? Seems like you have the Techart tips with the rear bumper uh? I don't think those will fit on my OEM rear bumper. So Magnaflow is less loud? But isn't Magnaflow a more reliable brand since its more popular? Never heard of Elite... is the Elite full stainless steel? Any signs of rust? ****... I really want it now... I will for sure get it next year... but confused as to which muffler and tip to get.

Maybe Elite with OEM tips? I don't really like their "dual" tip that shows on their website... doesn't seem to fit that nice since it seems that the tips are touching the bumper.

Also... hehehe... where did you get your tailights smoked? How much did you pay? I'd also be interested in this mode. Your ride looks hot as hell... VERY NICE.

Haha.. thx man.. hmm.. yeah the "dual" tip on the Cayenne and CS bumpers look real bad. The easiest and most inexpensive way is to change your lower valence to the "Turbo" valence, that lower valence will let you have a neat dual exhaust look. For mine, I got the Techart Lower valence and diffuser with techart tips.

"So Magnaflow is less loud? But isn't Magnaflow a more reliable brand since its more popular?" Yes,everybody knows about magnaflow mufflers, but I want the "loudness" for my car, besides there is a warranty 12,000 miles/1 year. They will just replace it if there's any problems with it.

As for my taillight, I got them from eurorev. They did a pretty good job. But I kinda regret "smoking" those taillights, I find them looking better without those tints. I forgot how much it cost me, but it should be < $250.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
YES! I didnt know they actually have a website. The muffler for cayenne V6 will look exactly like the 2nd picture(the black cayenne v6). However, I requested for mine to be positioned to look like the techart mufflers.
Do the mufflers vary if the Cayenne is V6 or V8? The muffler on YOUR Cayenne seems slightly different from the muffler on the 2nd pic (black V6). The center section in the middle of the two mufflers seem larger on your car than on the pic on their website... what gives?

Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Haha.. thx man.. hmm.. yeah the "dual" tip on the Cayenne and CS bumpers look real bad. The easiest and most inexpensive way is to change your lower valence to the "Turbo" valence, that lower valence will let you have a neat dual exhaust look. For mine, I got the Techart Lower valence and diffuser with techart tips.

"So Magnaflow is less loud? But isn't Magnaflow a more reliable brand since its more popular?" Yes,everybody knows about magnaflow mufflers, but I want the "loudness" for my car, besides there is a warranty 12,000 miles/1 year. They will just replace it if there's any problems with it.

As for my taillight, I got them from eurorev. They did a pretty good job. But I kinda regret "smoking" those taillights, I find them looking better without those tints. I forgot how much it cost me, but it should be < $250.
So Eurorev smoked it for you? I'd be interested in swapping with you .
How much "louder" is the Elite muffler? Do you know if its made from stainless steel? Any signs of rust? Was the price for the two mufflers the same or was Elite cheaper...

I really appreciate you answering all my questions... .

Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 PM
So Eurorev smoked it for you? I'd be interested in swapping with you .
How much "louder" is the Elite muffler? Do you know if its made from stainless steel? Any signs of rust? Was the price for the two mufflers the same or was Elite cheaper...

I really appreciate you answering all my questions... .
I dont know what it is made of, but there is no signs of rust. The two mufflers runs about the same price. =)

Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Do the mufflers vary if the Cayenne is V6 or V8? The muffler on YOUR Cayenne seems slightly different from the muffler on the 2nd pic (black V6). The center section in the middle of the two mufflers seem larger on your car than on the pic on their website... what gives?
No, as i mentioned, "The muffler for cayenne V6 will look exactly like the 2nd picture(the black cayenne v6). However, I requested for mine to be positioned to look like the techart mufflers."

Its just the positionong of the mufflers. They showed me some pictures at first of how the mufflers gonna look like, i did not like it(looks like a truck or somethin'). So i asked them if they can spread those mufflers "sideways" will will make them look like techart mufflers. The center piece between the 2 mufflers is just a cut out pipe to cover up the awful looking pipes in between.
That might explain why it looks bigger than the CS's in the web.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 PM
No, as i mentioned, "The muffler for cayenne V6 will look exactly like the 2nd picture(the black cayenne v6). However, I requested for mine to be positioned to look like the techart mufflers."

Its just the positionong of the mufflers. They showed me some pictures at first of how the mufflers gonna look like, i did not like it(looks like a truck or somethin'). So i asked them if they can spread those mufflers "sideways" will will make them look like techart mufflers. The center piece between the 2 mufflers is just a cut out pipe to cover up the awful looking pipes in between.
That might explain why it looks bigger than the CS's in the web.
Awesome... I will request for the same then. Yours look 100 times better than the one on the website. Do you think the mufflers for the V8 are going to be different? How long have you had this new mufflers? How expensive is the Turbo rear valence? I can't really afford that money right now so I was thinking of just using the OEM tips or another single tip they might have that looks nice too. Any suggestions?

Are they able to let me hear the sound of the Magnaflow and the Elite so that I can compare their noise level? Would you say that the Magnaflow is VERY quite, close to stock? Or just a little less loud compared to the Elite? Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust system for 06 CS?