Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Best exhaust system for 06 CS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
Just listened to the clip- sounds nice and throaty! The Fabspeed sounds tinny in comparison.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
I got the custom exhaust from AAA Mufflers on Monday... I must say that the sound is not as loud as I had expected (seems much louder in the YouTube video for some reason). The fit is so-so... not 100% perfect, I feel that the right muffler is slightly uneven when compared to the left one. I still like the sound though... very deep but not loud.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
I'm looking at the Fabspeed bypass for mine.

I called the dealer about warranty and they are doing a little blackmail dance on me- suggesting that they do it since they sell Fabspeed and service my car, plus they will know it's done right and be responsible.
Str8blast offered me a deal on his which I was going to do, but I might need the dealer for help sometime. Fortunately I get 25% off labor.
I have to see if they can get me a muffler to get that great Hendrady growl.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:40 AM
hendrady is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thsiao
I got the custom exhaust from AAA Mufflers on Monday... I must say that the sound is not as loud as I had expected (seems much louder in the YouTube video for some reason). The fit is so-so... not 100% perfect, I feel that the right muffler is slightly uneven when compared to the left one. I still like the sound though... very deep but not loud.
Hmm.. are you sure? which mufflers did you get? How much did they charge you? Are you sure it's not loud? Yours is a Cayenne S right? it should sound louder! Uneven? Tell them! Show it to them, they will rebuild it for you. I stood there for 4 hours to monitor them installing my mufflers, making sure that everything went smoothly. Also told them how i want my mufflers to look like, and the exact position i want them to be. Try bringing ur car in there again, ask them to take a look.

And oh yes, btw.. you need to "break" those mufflers 1st.. I think you will have to drive it for ~200 - 300 miles before the true sound quality can be heard. =)

I apologise if I have mislead you and have caused you to purchase the wrong mufflers.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:33 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Originally Posted by hendrady
Hmm.. are you sure? which mufflers did you get? How much did they charge you? Are you sure it's not loud? Yours is a Cayenne S right? it should sound louder! Uneven? Tell them! Show it to them, they will rebuild it for you. I stood there for 4 hours to monitor them installing my mufflers, making sure that everything went smoothly. Also told them how i want my mufflers to look like, and the exact position i want them to be. Try bringing ur car in there again, ask them to take a look.

And oh yes, btw.. you need to "break" those mufflers 1st.. I think you will have to drive it for ~200 - 300 miles before the true sound quality can be heard. =)

I apologise if I have mislead you and have caused you to purchase the wrong mufflers.
I got the Elite mufflers... and they charged me $600 cash. Was your custom exhaust "mandrel bent" or not? I was standing there for 4 hours too watching every second of the installation. I told them that is looks slightly uneven and the guy (Pepe) told me that he couldn't see what I was talking about. But the more I see it the less I see the uneveness... I'm just like ULTRA **** so its probably not that uneven to begin with. I just have eagle eyes. The sound is getting better... and does sound louder when I step on the gas like a ****. Under normal city driving, the noise is subtle but deep. I got the Fabspeed tips for the CS so it looks wonderful .

Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Jon Tab is infamous around these parts
What a SMALL world. I have a CS and got custom mufflers from Pepe at AAA. I got them installed about a year and a half ago. It takes a week or two before they really open up. And you DEFINATELY have to get the Fabspeed bypass pipes. The cayenne S sounds so sick with this combo, I constantly get compliments all the time. And do u guys go to USC?

Old 01-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jon Tab
What a SMALL world. I have a CS and got custom mufflers from Pepe at AAA. I got them installed about a year and a half ago. It takes a week or two before they really open up. And you DEFINATELY have to get the Fabspeed bypass pipes. The cayenne S sounds so sick with this combo, I constantly get compliments all the time. And do u guys go to USC?
As a matter of fact we both go to USC... we even park on the same structure. SMALL world indeed.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:21 PM
hendrady is infamous around these parts
haha yeah! but i park mostly on the street. exposition.. =)
that day was finals day, i didnt want to walk far.. lol

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
psr1 is infamous around these parts
Man I Have A 04 Cs I Want To Do A Custom Exhaust Too. But Man I Really Want To Hear Yours That You Just Did. Do You Have A Sound Clip? I Would Like To Hear Please!!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by psr1
Man I Have A 04 Cs I Want To Do A Custom Exhaust Too. But Man I Really Want To Hear Yours That You Just Did. Do You Have A Sound Clip? I Would Like To Hear Please!!
I'll try to get pics and a video sometime this week.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Hendrary,

Saw your car yesterday at the Palm Springs outlet... this is one hell of a small world.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned
SpeedDemon is infamous around these parts
lmao small world indeed fellas

Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Jon Tab is infamous around these parts
Im at PS1 and live at tuscany. we all should chill sometime haha

Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
naddy411 is infamous around these parts
For those of you that have the Elite mufflers, are there any usual rattles while you drive? and have you talked to the dealers about what it does the warranty? Thanks.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by naddy411
For those of you that have the Elite mufflers, are there any usual rattles while you drive? and have you talked to the dealers about what it does the warranty? Thanks.
I've noticed a tiny rattle on the passenger side in the trunk area... though I'm not sure the exhaust is causing it. But it didn't seem to be there before... the rattle come and goes though.

Shouldn't affect warranty since its just the mufflers that have been changed. Every dealer will tell you a different story I'm sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust system for 06 CS?