Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo Lowering Cheap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
btw, nice drop. is ride bumpy?

Old 12-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Turbo955 is infamous around these parts
It was recommended for me to adjust the arms 31 mm wide on the front and 30 mm on the rears. That gave me a 2" drop on all fenders from the stock position. The truck was slammed! This was with my ride height toggle switch in the low position. I did drive it like this for a few miles but the ride was a bit bumpy and the wheels had a serious tow-in at the bottom which would eventually cause my tires to wear unevenly without an alignment. I then moved the toggle switch to the normal position and I got a 1" drop from factory and that seems to be almost perfect. The wheels dont have the tow in effect and the ride is more aggressive than stock but not bumpy at all. For the perfect look I'm gonna take it down maybe 1/2" all the way around and leave it there. An alignment would be smart but I'll see how the tire wear goes. Whats great about these arms is that you dont have to take the wheels off to install them or to adjust them. Just raise the truck via the toggle swith to Terrain Mode and you have all the access you need. The stock arms are a little tough to remove at first but once you do it once you'll do it with ease. The stock arms are built well and remove even easier than the stockers when you wanna adjust. Very nice package. Oh, I haven't measured how much of a drop each turn of the arm is but I'd gues that it would take two turns to get maybe a 1/2"... These arms are totally adjustable which gives you maximum flexibility to adjust however, whenever you like within minutes. I noticed on my truck that all four fenders didnt have the same gap between the wheel. They do now! Try that with an electronic module!

Last edited by Turbo955; 12-07-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
that looks great I am placing my order after I pick up my cayenne tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Old 12-09-2006, 09:55 AM
The flexibility of this setup is awesome. I now have a 3" gap between the wheel and tire on the fron fenders and a 3.5" gap on the rears which gives it a nice ride and nice looks... This is roughly 1.5 inches lower front and rear and I have a bit of tow-in so I'm getting an alignment today. Looks really nice though...

Old 12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I just got back from the Alignment Shop. Itwas a good thing that I had the alignment done because the specs were waaaay off from what Porsche deems okay... My truck sits really nice now and drives better too!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
any updated pics, I got my kit today for my CS and can't wait to install it. It looks easy....does it just pop off?

Old 12-15-2006, 07:34 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Hey Turbo955, do you have a pic of that new piece installed? I mean...a pic where we can see that stuff installed under the car?
I want to learn more about it

Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Pyiu, yes the new arms just click on. There are two nipples attached to the truck and these arms just snap onto the nipples. It seems like a fragile setup but trust me, to snap the arms on takes quite a bit of force! Pilone, those pics are already posted on this thread...

Old 12-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor
got mine on, put the lowering links in about 1 hour.

Not too hard of a task, I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
yeah, it's easy to install but i would set it at 40mm drop.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Jon Tab is infamous around these parts
Question regarding fitment for Cayenne S

On their site it says its only for air suspension. Just to make sure, does that mean you have to have PASM to be able to use it for a CS?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
yes I have air suspension in my CS.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Tumbler1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Turbo955
Billet piece vs. Stock. Keep in mind that the longer you make the arm the lower the truck goes...
The link on the right side is a new one I guess, If I am right as you indicated the longer one lowers the car more, then I am really concerned it's strength around the threaded area, it looks much weaker than the stock one (on the left side in your pics), Just my 2 cent opinion.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
On your pic of the car lowered, is that on loading level or normal level? i know you said low level but does that mean the lowest level while driving or while parked?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Turbo955
Here's the truck lowered exactly 2" from the stock low setting...
thats a perfect drop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Lowering Cheap!