Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo Lowering Cheap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
fastoc996twint is infamous around these parts
Lets See Some Pics Guys.....

Old 02-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the price changed to $299. Picking some up this weekend, guys located only 1.5hrs away from me. Should have them on by Monday.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:49 PM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
Just installed my drop links couple days ago with 5 turns which yielded roughly 2 inch drop all the way around. The ride on the 'low' setting is pretty unbearable, but looks awesome parked

I drive it on the 'normal' setting and the ride is much better, although still pretty rough compared to stock. I may adjust it back up 1/2 inch just so I don't suffer the ride quality. Also, I realized that 'load' level' no longer works, it looks like it just keeps trying to adjust with the arrows on the dash pointed down but it never says 'load level reached' anyone else experience this after they installed the links?

These pics are in low setting.

Attached Images    
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Looks fantastic!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
I think you may have installed them too low. I do not experience the same issues with mine. Ride comfort is unchanged.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Captain Tal
I think you may have installed them too low. I do not experience the same issues with mine. Ride comfort is unchanged.
Captain Tal- do you remember how many turns you did or how low in inches? I don't see how the ride could not be affected unless it was barely lowered. Does your load setting still work?

Old 02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
I just installed these last night. Heres my experience:

-First time installed, turned them all the way to the longest setting. Started the car, and the car wouldn't even lower itself.. gave me an error. I called John, who I bought it from and he told me to adjust them again to the shortest setting and restart the car to take the fault off. Once the car reset itself again I readjusted. He suggested 10mm to the lengthen it.

-Put it on the car this time 18 turns (1 turn is about 1 mm). It gets CRAZY low on this setting when you get in the car and put the air suspension to the 2nd lowest level, up from loading.

-I think I'm going to readjust them to somewhere between 10mm-15mm.

Right now the car drives nicely in the middle setting of the cars air suspension. Going lower than that is really damn bumpy.

Overall, sick product!! I love it.
-Bojan

Old 02-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
These links do nothing to affect ride quality on air suspension. The "stiffness" of the shock is soley dependent on the air pressure in the system controlled by the ride setting, not the height.This presumption might prove invalid should you unwisely find yourself at lowest limits of travel on the shock. These links merely raise or lower the set point of the system from which the sytsem falsely recognizes as the factory level set by Porsche to effect road clearance.

I set my ride 5/8" lower up front and 1/2" at the rear.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Captain Tal
These links do nothing to affect ride quality on air suspension. The "stiffness" of the shock is soley dependent on the air pressure in the system controlled by the ride setting, not the height.This presumption might prove invalid should you unwisely find yourself at lowest limits of travel on the shock. These links merely raise or lower the set point of the system from which the sytsem falsely recognizes as the factory level set by Porsche to effect road clearance.

I set my ride 5/8" lower up front and 1/2" at the rear.
Well regardless of what component of the suspension is affected the ride quality is still compromised......which was my point.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM
My ride quality has indeed suffered, but I went with 18mm up front and 17 in the rear. 1 turn is about 1mm. The truck looks great..., but Im going to change it to 10 turns because of comfort. Currently, my rear wheels are facing inwards way bad.. haha.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hblocal
Just installed my drop links couple days ago with 5 turns which yielded roughly 2 inch drop all the way around. The ride on the 'low' setting is pretty unbearable, but looks awesome parked

I drive it on the 'normal' setting and the ride is much better, although still pretty rough compared to stock. I may adjust it back up 1/2 inch just so I don't suffer the ride quality. Also, I realized that 'load' level' no longer works, it looks like it just keeps trying to adjust with the arrows on the dash pointed down but it never says 'load level reached' anyone else experience this after they installed the links?

These pics are in low setting.
WOW!!! Looks beautiful man! Nice job!

Old 02-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
WOW!!! Looks beautiful man! Nice job!
Thanks Zemdogg, its comin along quite quickly ain't it? To think just couple weeks ago I was asking you to look at its vin number for me and now its already modded and in my garage

Is that a quick urge to mod or what? Two more weeks this things going to have a tequipment aero kit side skirt, rear diffuser and new roof spoiler. Oh and I forgot to mention I put the Milltek exhaust in already too!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:00 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hblocal
Thanks Zemdogg, its comin along quite quickly ain't it? To think just couple weeks ago I was asking you to look at its vin number for me and now its already modded and in my garage

Is that a quick urge to mod or what? Two more weeks this things going to have a tequipment aero kit side skirt, rear diffuser and new roof spoiler. Oh and I forgot to mention I put the Milltek exhaust in already too!
Congrats man it is looking badass!!!!!!!!

Did that guy ever contact you about the wheels??? PM me : )

Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
Congrats man it is looking badass!!!!!!!!

Did that guy ever contact you about the wheels??? PM me : )
You mean the sport technos? Yep we have emailed eachother already but still not sure if he is going to get them.

So if anyone is interesed I am selling my takeoff 20in sport technos for a good deal! Let me know.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 AM
WingFlex is infamous around these parts
I can vouch for Adjustable Air Ride... John, the owner, is a great guy too! He did my Mercedes Airmatic lowering.