Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S before and after

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:28 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by techm8n
Hahaha.

I do miss my Turbo Intergra GSR. It did 12.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile drag. I've beaten Mustangs, Camaros, Nissan 300zx, and a Porsche 911 Turbo (tie) on the streets and the drag strip. My brother just bought a 2006 Mitsu EVO and brother in law a 2006 Subaru WRX Sti. The EVO is a bit quicker and handled better than the STI. Have you modified your EVO yet?
Not really. I did a DoubleDin Head-unit and tinted windows but performance wise its stock. I just threw on some winter tires too so well see what it can do in the bad weather.

If i keep it, ill do a Turbo-Back Exhaust, intake, Manual Boost Controller, and a quality dyno tune....prally net me about 80hp to all 4 wheels...so id be somewhere around 340ish-awhp

But after browsing this forum, i feel like i should sell the EVO and get something German

Good Luck with your truck!

Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM
techm8n is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenned
niiiice! I was thinking about painting the valances on my silver 04, You just convinced me!
Yes, do it. It's a low cost way of making the Cayenne look fuller.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
bigdog is infamous around these parts
so did u buy new side pieces and rear or did you have ur painted ,,the car looks hott i have the same white with the blk on the bottom,,i want to do mine soo badd but im worried about it chipping in a couple of months. that what my body shop guy told me ,,thanks

Old 12-18-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by bigdog
so did u buy new side pieces and rear or did you have ur painted ,,the car looks hott i have the same white with the blk on the bottom,,i want to do mine soo badd but im worried about it chipping in a couple of months. that what my body shop guy told me ,,thanks
I had mines painted. Make sure that they use some flex paint addative. It helps resist chipping.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Surely better than before

Old 12-19-2006, 01:12 AM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Here's my CS before and after I installed a front valance and painted the lower portions.
Looks so so sweet all around.
How easy or difficult was the install. How precise is the fitment?
Looks damn precise - but can never really tell from distant pics.

Black rims would look hot (with chrome lip)
Or a pair of Techarts, or Kahn 22's in hyper silver (close to perfect match with exterior trim of the Cayenne- I am biased toward these )

Old 12-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Looks good now for the quad tail pipes.
Not yet - that would mean a whole new lower turbo valence, painting, and another $G on quad tips.
Just enjoy the setup you got now.

BTW you could detach the tips that you do have and have them chrome dipped for an added touch.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 AM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
very nice ... great improvements.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by kooser
Looks so so sweet all around.
How easy or difficult was the install. How precise is the fitment?
Looks damn precise - but can never really tell from distant pics.

Black rims would look hot (with chrome lip)
Or a pair of Techarts, or Kahn 22's in hyper silver (close to perfect match with exterior trim of the Cayenne- I am biased toward these )
My bodyshop said that it took three guys to install it to avoid removing the whole bumper. As for you second question, the front is nice and flush but both left and right contour are not flush. It sticks out about 1/4 inch. The surface also had pits and there was a big chunk of figerglass missing on the bottom. The bodyshop put some work into it and came out nice and clean. Cost more for the install because of all the work. I expected better quality for its price. I think it looks great but it does need quite a bit of work. It's not an OEM fit like RoadSportSupply said it would be.

I'm thinking about changing my wheels with some black 20" HRE 648R.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...lDetail&id=157

Last edited by techm8n; 12-19-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking about changing my wheels with some black 20" HRE 648R.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...lDetail&id=157
That would look so damn good. Expensive wheels but amazing quality.
They won't accept any Porsche centercaps but who cares!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looks hawt!!!