Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Question about Gemballa Racing Wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 AM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Unhappy Question about Gemballa Racing Wheels...

I have a question about the Gemballa Racing wheels... I have a set of 20" Gemballa Racing wheels and noticed that my center piece is different from the pics I've seen online (I'm referring to the cap where the Gemballa logo is). If I remove this cap, I will see a small circular hole (which looks ugly) in the middle and the nuts... My question is... I've been looking at tons of Gemballa Racing wheels online and they all seem to look different from mine, they don't have that big center piece I have (cap). Rather, they seem to not have that cap and instead have a small cap with the logo placed on the small circular hole I mentioned earlier (I can't have mine looking like that by just removing the big center cap because of the visible ugly hole in the middle I mentioned earlier). Originally I thought that maybe the 22s came like that, but noticed that Cognac's wheels (which are 22s) also have the big center cap I have. Here are pics of what I'm talking about:

How my wheels look (these are actually Cognac's) with the center cap:

How the wheels I see online look (without the big center cap):

Do you guys see how the center part of the wheel is different? I'm utterly confused as to why... please someone shine some light into me.

Cognac, any ideas?

Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
ohhh love the kits!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 05:57 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Seems like the first Cognac wheel ( the black one ) is mounted using only one locking point while the one you provided pics of has normal locking points...
I prefer the first one!
Hope is clear

Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Originally Posted by pilone
Seems like the first Cognac wheel ( the black one ) is mounted using only one locking point while the one you provided pics of has normal locking points...
I prefer the first one!
Hope is clear
Actually, if you remove the big center cap of the first wheels, you will see something really similar to the second pic, except that in the middle there will be a circular hole (unlike the second one that has a small cap in the middle with the Gemballa logo).

Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
they are two completely different wheels , I'm guessing you probably should have made known to the dealer/store what you were looking for.