Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Another Newbie Question- ECU Remapping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned
PorscheItalia is infamous around these parts
yes sorry abotu that 10-15 more accurate

Old 01-06-2007, 04:11 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheItalia
yes sorry abotu that 10-15 more accurate
No problem, Just get the Ecu done with Drop in filters, K&N, BMC, Greens any Drop in and then go for a Complete Exhaust System with Catbypass pipes.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
CuzIcan is infamous around these parts
OK, I am going to get my ECU remapped. Do I need to drive to a well known tuner or will they ship me a re-mapped ECU? Which leads me to my next question, who do you recommend?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CuzIcan
OK, I am going to get my ECU remapped. Do I need to drive to a well known tuner or will they ship me a re-mapped ECU? Which leads me to my next question, who do you recommend?

Shouldnt be any problem.. some porsche dealers are now also selling
GIAC or remapped ecu.

btw what location are you at?

edit: North Florida.. your best be will be Evan at FVD, theyre sponsor here.
send him a PM his username is "AMG ETR"

Last edited by alex911s; 01-10-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:47 AM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
Support the supporters!

I have read lots of Evan's posts, and judging by what I've seen (and I am an old muscle car motor head) and heard he'd be my go to man in Florida, like Alex said.

BTW Alex-- Freestar???

Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
any upgrade bobby?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
Our Cayenne program offers adjustable timing, fuel and thottle sensativity. Our dealers can custom tune the software specifically for your driving and performance needs. Retail price is $895.00. Gains are between 10-15Hp and 12-18 lb/ft of torque on 93 Octane. All of our software is flash loaded directly through the OBDII port. No need for ECU removal or desoldering of the chip. Installation takes about 20-minutes. We don't have a dealer yet in North Florida but if you are willing to go to Atlanta, we have a great dealer there, Kinetic Motorsport. If South is more convenient we have a dealer in Tampa, Reeves Motorsport. If you would like any additional information. Please feel free to contact me

Old 01-11-2007, 09:26 AM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
I have done little things so far:
Hard-wired my Valentine 1
Changed to S pedals
Aluminum door sills
18" Turbo wheels
Clear side markers
BMC air filter (last night)
Aluminum interior pieces
Hard-wired in the Motorola IHF 1000 car kit

I am thinking of calling Brandywine for the Fabspeed Cat-bypass pipes this morning, but am concerned my money would be better spent on looks since it is a V and the power gain and throttle response may not be noticeable.
Maybe I should just put in a Rennline dead pedal, and save up to get a rear turbo valance and the Tequipment tips.

I thought about the springs, but the ride can get harsh (I have read) and we drive the kids on trips in the Cayenne (read as my wife may hate it and I will regret it).

Last edited by BobbySpeed; 01-16-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:42 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
I have done little things so far:
Hard-wired my Valentine 1
Changed to S pedals
Aluminum door sills
18" Turbo wheels
Clear side markers
BMC air filter (last night)
Aluminum interior pieces
Hard-wired in the Motorola IHF 1000 car kit

I am thinking of calling Brandywine for the Fabspeed Cat-bypass pipes this orning, but am concerned my money would be better spent on looks since it is a V and the power gain and throttle response may not be noticeable.
Maybe I should just put in a Rennline dead pedal, and save up to get a rear turbo valance and the Tequipment tips.

I thought about the springs, but the ride can get harsh (I have read) and we drive the kids on trips in the Cayenne (read as my wife may hate it and I will regret it).
Exterior mods would be nice too. The tips are sweet but sooo expensive$$
You should wait for the new model's part numbers to be released and retrofit the lower rear valence with new tips(if they are changed me thinks??) I'm pretty sure they could be a swap out with not much difference if any in fitment.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
No need to drive anywhere,Just ship the ECU to your tuner of choice.It takes about 5 min's to remove the ECU.

Hey Porscheitalia I charge $995 not $1200.

Neil

Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey Porscheitalia I charge $995 not $1200.
He was banned for misconduct unbecoming a 6Speeder and Porschephile.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:45 AM
The big question is whether or not the Fabspeed bypass is worth the $400; will a difference in throttle response be realized on a V6??? I have the BMC air filter already installed.

Last edited by BobbySpeed; 01-17-2007 at 09:24 AM.