Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Enter and Drive - Can it be installed later?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:13 PM
turbomaxima is infamous around these parts
Enter and Drive - Can it be installed later?

I am having a heck of a time finding a used Cayenne Turbo with the Enter and Drive option installed. I love this feature on the Lexus IS350 and was wondering if it was even possible to add this feature in later?

On the same subject does anyone have any feedback on the system? Does it work well?

Old 01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I think all the door handles need to be changed t theones with the sensor.
Might as well keep looking

Old 01-22-2007, 01:42 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
I am having a heck of a time finding a used Cayenne Turbo with the Enter and Drive option installed. I love this feature on the Lexus IS350 and was wondering if it was even possible to add this feature in later?

On the same subject does anyone have any feedback on the system? Does it work well?
Sorry, I dont know if it can be installed after the fact or not, but I do have the option. Entry and drive is the best option ever, I would not get one without it no matter what. It works very well. I like how you just have to put your hand on the handle for the doors to unlock, instead of pushing the button to unlock them like I had to do on my FX45. I also like how your passenger door doesnt have to be shut (can be open) when you hit the button to lock the door. On the Mercedes SL you have to wait til the passenger shuts the door to hit the button to lock the doors.

Last edited by VBOXKING; 01-22-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:55 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Its a great feature but its only for the doors... I wish it were like the mercedes where you get in and push a button to start ignition.... and not have to pull out the keys at all.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BD 997
Its a great feature but its only for the doors... I wish it were like the mercedes where you get in and push a button to start ignition.... and not have to pull out the keys at all.
What are you talking about? You dont have to pull the keys out, entry and drive comes with a plastic key that stays in the ignition all the time that you turn to start the car after you enter.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 AM
DJB
DJB is infamous around these parts
I have it - both on the doors and the ignition. There is a fake key in the ignition "keyhole". my keys stay in my pocket at all times unless i'm locking the car - at all other times they are in my pocket. I love it. No issues.

Wife has spare set and her and my keys adjust the different seat positions etc.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
wheels is infamous around these parts
I have it on my '06 CTTS and love it. Key never leaves my pocket, even to lock the vehicle. I just touch the black button on the door handle after I close it a walk away. If it's like my new Harley or my friends Corvette don't leave home without your key. My friend drove to work with his wife, got out of the car and let here take it to the mall. He forgot he had the key in his pocket when she drove off. Everything was fine until she came out of the mall and was locked out of the car. I had a similar think happen of my Electra Glide Screamin' Eagle. I had the key hanging in the laundry room which was on the otherside of the garage wall. Got on the bike and rode off. Key was close enough to start the bike. When I stopped for fuel about 15 mile away I couldn't restart the bike. Oops.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Yes

Originally Posted by turbomaxima

But you need replace all door handles with harnesses (disassembly/reassembly all four doors), install few antennas around car, route few meters of wires, reprogramm some units. I never did it, and i think this is very expensive.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by acicchelli
What are you talking about? You dont have to pull the keys out, entry and drive comes with a plastic key that stays in the ignition all the time that you turn to start the car after you enter.
my bad...I never knew. Thats not too bad then...

Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
mono2100 is infamous around these parts
my enter and drive has stoped working...my passenger door handle is f-ed up could that ne the reason??

Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
codey is infamous around these parts
Why did my cayenne come with the fake key (plastic key) if I don't have the enter and drive option?

Does the key serve any other function?

Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
There are 2 plastic keys. One is a standard valet key that is small and plastic. The entry and drive key has a large gead on it and a button in the end you depress to take it out of the ignitiong.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
There are 2 plastic keys. One is a standard valet key that is small and plastic. The entry and drive key has a large gead on it and a button in the end you depress to take it out of the ignitiong.
I should of ordered that option... too late my car is in production as of this week It would be nice if porsche had an ignition button like the bmw/bentley.