Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Gemballa Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aeroresh
Cant a dealer just calibrate the suspension heights to what ever they want on Cayennes?

On my old Range Rover, my dealer cocked up the ride height settings when the system had to be recalibrated after an air spring was replaced.

I was running 22" Overfinch wheels at the time which may have confused them slightly but the net result was a 50mm approx drop in normal ride height mode and no voided warranty!
they would then be responsible for any warranrty issues... not sure all dealers want to assume that responsibility...

Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Aeroresh is infamous around these parts
Yep, but its only doing what all these plug in modules do.

Surely any garage (i.e. independant) with the right equipment could do the job?

Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aeroresh
Yep, but its only doing what all these plug in modules do.

Surely any garage (i.e. independant) with the right equipment could do the job?
thats true....

Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 PM
turbo'S' is infamous around these parts
Sorry to be Mr Negative over lowering but here's a few things to think about!

Correct me if I am wrong but none of the lowering modules or links will adjust the camber in anyway which concerns me about there use when traveling fast and heavy cornering never mind excessive tyre wear.

I have the "adjustable ride" lowering links which make the cars suspension believe it is lower than it actually is, however the camber when lowered any significant amount is way off. I am not sure if the camber can be adjusted but if it can it would then need re-adjusted if you put it back to normal settings? That means a switched system would be pointless and any plug and play units still need a trip to the dealer to adjust the camber.

My experience so far has lead me to the opinion that whilst it maybe doesnt look the best the system should be left in its standard height unless you have superflat roads or you can put up with a very compromised ride?
IMHO

Old 03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
turbomaxima is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbo'S'
Sorry to be Mr Negative over lowering but here's a few things to think about!

Correct me if I am wrong but none of the lowering modules or links will adjust the camber in anyway which concerns me about there use when traveling fast and heavy cornering never mind excessive tyre wear.

I have the "adjustable ride" lowering links which make the cars suspension believe it is lower than it actually is, however the camber when lowered any significant amount is way off. I am not sure if the camber can be adjusted but if it can it would then need re-adjusted if you put it back to normal settings? That means a switched system would be pointless and any plug and play units still need a trip to the dealer to adjust the camber.

My experience so far has lead me to the opinion that whilst it maybe doesnt look the best the system should be left in its standard height unless you have superflat roads or you can put up with a very compromised ride?
IMHO
So there is absolutely no camber adjustment on these cars huh?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:00 AM
mtimmy415 is infamous around these parts
Hi I have a rinspeed module installed when I brought the truck, do you still have the installation manual or user manual because I really would like to know how to operate it

thanks

Originally Posted by ehaser1
I have a rinspeed module..it's essentially the same thing. It's not plug and play as the wires need to be spliced. There is a mountable switch to place on the dash for bypassing the module.
It is adjustable down to the bumpers essentially....if you are interested i'll sell it for 800.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
can anyone with the lowering modules pls comment on the ride quality?

Have you ridden it lower than/or at loading level? How's the ride?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NeilM
can anyone with the lowering modules pls comment on the ride quality?

Have you ridden it lower than/or at loading level? How's the ride?
I have the TechArt module installed on my CTT and the ride quality is awesome. When in the lowered position cornering and stability at high speeds is improved.
Not the cheapest module on the market, but it won't void your warranty and the automatic lowering when parked option is awesome.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
I have the TechArt module installed on my CTT and the ride quality is awesome. When in the lowered position cornering and stability at high speeds is improved.
Not the cheapest module on the market, but it won't void your warranty and the automatic lowering when parked option is awesome.

thanks Jeff. So how low is your lowered position? Load height or lower? Can you pls send me a pic of your car with the lowered position(not the parked setting)?

neil_martinez@yahoo.com

I would like to see what it looks like not in the parked setting. thanks.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
madburg is infamous around these parts
Arghhhhh

I just bought one for my 06 CTTS. I am excited to get this installed, but properly. But I am confused. I do not doubt it needs a piwis tester (i think) to re-calibrate.

But what I do not understand is if the TechArt module already has the software updated to 1) fool the factory computer in thinking it is at a certain ride high when it truly is lower. 2) It lowers the car when shifter is put in park (or turned off -not sure) it lowers the car to its lowest program setting (i believe -85 mm).

Then why is a re-calibrate of the PASM is required? This is my only confusion what is being recalibrated? its not the TechArt module.

If your car is currently calibrated just fine, then why is this not PNP?
Unless the computer see this module as foreign and refuses to work with it, but that cannot be the case because I know of many post, were people plug it in and drive off.

I am not looking to save a few dollars and a trip to the dealer (when you pay this much for a module, the dealer re-calibrate (30 mins tops) is a joke compared to what the module costs).

Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
jrsheltra is infamous around these parts
We have a Techart Lowering Module for sale, it has more adjustment than the Gemballa and the lower when locked feautre is pretty *****in.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
I have the TechArt module installed on my 2009 GTS.

My dealer in Burlingame, CA did the install and recalibration….yes, the dealer did it, and no they did not void my warranty.

The TechArt module is great, but I feel that it didn’t lower the ride height for driving enough. It’s supposed to lower the Normal and Low heights by 1”, but to me both of those levels still seem rather high.

The auto-lowering to the Load Height when locking the doors feature is the best! As long as you are in the Low Height, once you lock the doors, you hear the pressure from the air suspension release, and the front of the car drops, followed by the rear. The Load Height is definitely lower than the stock Load Height. The front of the car drops lower than the rear, which is something TechArt claims they will fix with a software update.

The ride quality to me is absolutely the same as stock in both Normal and Low ride height levels.

The one complaint I have is occasionally I will get a temporary warning light saying “Chassis System Failure” when I start the car after it has been lowered to the Loading Height. This happens as the suspension fills with air, raising the height. The warning goes away after about 3 seconds, but it’s still annoying. On one occasion two weeks ago the suspension got very confused and it was stuck with the front of the car jacked up about 8 inches, and the rear at normal height. Despite turning the car ON and OFF repeatedly, the problem wouldn’t go away. Unfortunately this happened when I was down in Palm Springs in the middle of a 2,000 road trip! I called the dealer and they wanted to have my car towed to them. I ended up unplugging the TechArt module, and replugging it back in, and it fixed the problem.

Aside from this small bug, I love the TechArt module, and highly recommend it. It’s pricey, but so worth it!

-Polar

Old 11-08-2010, 08:43 PM
dimf is infamous around these parts
I also have a Techart lowering module on my 09 GTS and the ride quality in low setting is great... Techart module is a nice product.

The dealer aligned the wheels and camber at Normal level.. I now know I should have instructed them to do the alignment at low setting because I want to use it more at that setting. To bring it back to the dealer, they will charge me $300 to re-do the alignment. An independent shop will do the alignment for $140, but they were asking me for the values to do the alignment properly. I wonder if anybody can provide me with the proper alignment values to align wheels at lower setting.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 PM
CTTinTO is infamous around these parts
just get them to align to factory specs but just at a lower ride height.

they will need to just adjust camber & toe - pretty easy job

$140 for an Indy? and $300 for the dealer? DAMN...

If your indy with the alignment rack doesn't have a machine with specs already in the software I would be weary... and for $140!?

Porsche alignment specs are only for the normal ride height position. Using these specs but at a lower ride height will change handling characteristics. (unsure just how much of an impact) However, they are probably the best specs to use to ensure good tracking and tire wear.

Mike

Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
mru262 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by G_A
Hello! I installed unit about 6 months ago.

How low does it go? About 3 cm front/rear, can adjust separately
Is it plug and play? NO!!! You should cut wires and make connections
Warranty void? YES!!! in our case we has problem - after 2 months on road - one thin wire not soldered in pin, coming to switch button, ground gone in contact with closest pin - Drive CAN!!! No possible to start engine and a lot of error messages in main systems. We spend about full day to fix this wire.
Price about 1500

Also if anyone has any pictures of this installed, feel free to post!

If you need pictures - I'll try to find, ask me, but this is black box with poor connector, about 18x7x3 cm, installed and connected behind RIGHT cover in the trunk.

Thanks,

Welcome

Alex
Hi , I just bought a gemballa lowering kit for my Porsche cayenne S yr 2005 ( gemballa aero 3 kit).I would like to know if you can tell me where can i find the installation procedures.
My lowering module comes without any instructions and I don't know how can I install it.
could you kindly help me??
it would be great!
Best regards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa Lowering Module