Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Gemballa Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
turbomaxima is infamous around these parts
Gemballa Lowering Module

I have been using the "search" function and haven't found any feedback or info on the installation of the Gemballa Lowering Module. Does anyone have any information?

How low does it go?
Is it plug and play?
Warranty void?
Price?

Also if anyone has any pictures of this installed, feel free to post!

Thanks,

Jason Sadler

Old 01-23-2007, 12:53 AM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
I have a rinspeed module..it's essentially the same thing. It's not plug and play as the wires need to be spliced. There is a mountable switch to place on the dash for bypassing the module.
It is adjustable down to the bumpers essentially....if you are interested i'll sell it for 800.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:46 AM
how detailed is the wire splicing and can you provide some pictures?

thank you..

Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
wiring diagram

I have the wiring diagram..I'll see if I can find it.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 PM
how low does it go?

Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM
it can go down to the bumpers but i wouldn't recommend that!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Hello! I installed unit about 6 months ago.

How low does it go? About 3 cm front/rear, can adjust separately
Is it plug and play? NO!!! You should cut wires and make connections
Warranty void? YES!!! in our case we has problem - after 2 months on road - one thin wire not soldered in pin, coming to switch button, ground gone in contact with closest pin - Drive CAN!!! No possible to start engine and a lot of error messages in main systems. We spend about full day to fix this wire.
Price about 1500

Also if anyone has any pictures of this installed, feel free to post!

If you need pictures - I'll try to find, ask me, but this is black box with poor connector, about 18x7x3 cm, installed and connected behind RIGHT cover in the trunk.

Thanks,

Welcome

Alex

Last edited by G_A; 02-04-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Either way...I need to sell this one so please make me an offer...I'm taking the highest offer by friday..even if it's a buck..

Old 01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
i use to have the techart one it was very good and too easy to instal it takes only 5 min's also same time to return the factory unit

Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Tachart vs Gamballa

Yes, Techart easy to install, no cutting wires, it is same control unit, but with different program, but after replacement unit in both directions you SHOULD recalibrate air suspension, ie go to workshop!!! See techart manual.(all about 2004+ cars)
Gemballa no need calibrate suspension, and has switch to original or lower modes.

Alex.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:32 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Is Gemballa plug and play like Techart??

Old 02-03-2007, 03:51 PM
G_A
NO, No plug and play

Gemballa - as all units with on/off switch - you should cut wires, TECHART not plug n play also - Level contol system calibration NESSESARY!!!!!!!!!

Alex.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:45 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
i use to have the techart one it was very good and too easy to instal it takes only 5 min's also same time to return the factory unit
5 min? wow

Old 02-03-2007, 10:27 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BD 997
5 min? wow
all what you need is open the box in the back of the car, pull the factory unit then put the techart one --- that's it --- no cut wires or anything

Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by G_A
Yes, Techart easy to install, no cutting wires, it is same control unit, but with different program, but after replacement unit in both directions you SHOULD recalibrate air suspension, ie go to workshop!!! See techart manual.(all about 2004+ cars)
Gemballa no need calibrate suspension, and has switch to original or lower modes.

Alex.
mine was 2004 I put it for 3 months, then I took it off a week befor I sold the car but there was no problems when I returned the factory unit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa Lowering Module