Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Turbo Cluster Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Banned
SpeedDemon is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Cayenne Turbo Cluster Issue

Hello 6speed members,

i have a CS i swapped my cluster for the turbo one, i am having issues as below...

Smushed together

NOTICE HERE THE COMFORT MENU IS THE ONLY ONE IN CAPS

PS.. also is there a fuse for the alarm horn when locking the BEEP BEEP i have it set in the cluster it doesn't seem to stay.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
K2@Brandywine is infamous around these parts
Was the vehicle coded to accept the turbo cluster? I am working on this project for another person right now, Please let me know the method used to install this, and I will see if I can get two birds with one stone.

Kevin

Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned
well i would show my dealer (ps they havent notice ) lol

i am bringing the car in tuesday for another issue

i just plugged and played

i dont have the Air suspension so just swapped it out no issues other than this one....will the dealer give me a problem what should i tell them?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned
lol

haha

Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
well i would show my dealer (ps they havent notice ) lol

i am bringing the car in tuesday for another issue

i just plugged and played

i dont have the Air suspension so just swapped it out no issues other than this one....will the dealer give me a problem what should i tell them?
I would say, dont ask, dont tell. This way there are no liability issues, and no one points any fingers right away. I cannot stress enough how important it is to develop a good relationship with your respective dealers. By this, I am not saying that we/I treat any clients differently, but it goes without saying if you are on good terms with someone, they are more inclined to help you, and go the extra mile. That is a big reason why I have decided to join this forum, I want you guys to feel that you have a friend on the "inside" and also, I would like my clients to trust me.

Kevin

Old 02-02-2007, 02:02 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K2@Brandywine
I would say, dont ask, dont tell. This way there are no liability issues, and no one points any fingers right away. I cannot stress enough how important it is to develop a good relationship with your respective dealers. By this, I am not saying that we/I treat any clients differently, but it goes without saying if you are on good terms with someone, they are more inclined to help you, and go the extra mile. That is a big reason why I have decided to join this forum, I want you guys to feel that you have a friend on the "inside" and also, I would like my clients to trust me.

Kevin
I agree...

Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
The alarm horn... the one that sounds like BMW's sytem when you lock and unlock the vehicle, was installed on Cayennes after MY '06

Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
As far as the display, my guess would be that the vehicle is not coded to accept the premium cluster, which will do some wierd things with the displays. If the one you took out was the orange dot matrix type, I would be starting there, dealer can just go in and re-code it.

PS- Man do I envy 91 degrees. THe temp here now has the same numbers in it as 91, although 9.1 is closer...

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 02-02-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by porschespeeddem
As far as the display, my guess would be that the vehicle is not coded to accept the premium cluster, which will do some wierd things with the displays. If the one you took out was the orange dot matrix type, I would be starting there, dealer can just go in and re-code it.

PS- Man do I envy 91 degrees. THe temp here now has the same numbers in it as 91, although 9.1 is closer...
haha yea its beautiful

ps i had this cluster in once before and i got the horn working..yes i knw the MY06 does teh bimmer beep just a regular horn beep

Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned
Exclamation

ok everyone got the truck back from the dealer

here are the exact tech notes

Cust states horn doesnt beep when locking doors

A: not turned on in instrument cluster activated through instrument cluster and is working to spec at this time, however customer installed wrong cluster into vehicle which it is now designed for.

does that sound like they re-programmed it or just left it and activated it with the PST ?

Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like the cluster stores the memory for the settings of the vehicle, when you put the TT cluster in, it defaulted back to the settings on the prior vehicle it was installed in.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned
yea but its odd everything else works fine except the comfort menu

Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
It reads like they re-pogrammed it to work for you.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned
i will have to check it out tomrrow

Old 04-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Filin is infamous around these parts
So, is any good news?
Is cluster work correctly now?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Cluster Issue