Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just put NGK spark plugs iridium IX in my CTT and the car woke up.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Just put NGK spark plugs iridium IX in my CTT and the car woke up.

Stock Beru iridium plugs are garbage I put these in my stage 2 Cayenne Turbo and the car woke the F up. Feels awesome. Anyone else try something different then stock in there CTT? I also regapped them to .025. I was definitly blowing spark out before this.

-Suman

Old 02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
wow that much difference?
good to hear .
raja

Old 02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
BobbySpeed is infamous around these partsBobbySpeed is infamous around these parts
Same heat range, just the different brand? Same gap?

Hey where's K2, I'd lke to hear his viewpoint on this.

Higher quality plugs can certainly make a difference.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Same heat range(6) NGK BKR6EIX 6418 regapped to .025 like my 996 turbo. World of a difference. No more spark blow out. Car feels smoother stronger, idles better. BERUS ARE CRAP! they failed in 1000 miles in my 996tt. thanks

regapping is key the ond plugs were .032 and thats to much for the flo of air. thanks

-Suman

Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Just out of curiousity, What is spark blow out and how can you tell it is or is not happening?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I got hicups while accelerating with full boost. I also have a stage 2 CTT with intake exhaust chip etc. so it might not happen to stock cars. It feels like a split second loss of power. No smoothness through the band. PS Beru is garbage

-Suman

Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 PM
mbagge01 is infamous around these parts
I have a 04 cayenne TT with an evom tune. I have been now getting issues with studdering around 3-4500 rpm range. I did not notice this initially after the tune because I was dealing with ignition issues that cleared up by replacing coils and sparks plugs (OEM beru) fuel filter, evap hoses. Now those issues are fixed but I still feel like it is an ignition issues and noticed that you recommended ngk spark plugs over OEM beru for tunned cars. Could this be my problem and should I try a different spark plug, and if so what brand and gap should I do? Thanks.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
I got the same result. I put in the same plugs and replaced all of the coils at the same time. Definitely can feel the difference.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
Anyone else try something different then stock in there CTT?
I just put in a set of Denso IK22 Iridiums a couple of weeks ago (gapped to 0.8mm). Mainly because they were iridium (stock is platinum), seemed to be the plug of choice for many 997TT tuners, and 1 step colder.

Can't say the effect of just the spark plugs since I did other mods at the same time. I was happy to send back the more expensive OEM plugs - no regrets.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 09-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I just put in a set of Denso IK22 Iridiums a couple of weeks ago (gapped to 0.8mm). Mainly because they were iridium (stock is platinum), seemed to be the plug of choice for many 997TT tuners, and 1 step colder.

Can't say the effect of just the spark plugs since I did other mods at the same time. I was happy to send back the more expensive OEM plugs - no regrets.
I m searching DENSO IK22 Spark Plug on Ebay. Do you mind telling me the exact part number? Just in case I got it wrong. Thank you.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by loveivs
I m searching DENSO IK22 Spark Plug on Ebay. Do you mind telling me the exact part number? Just in case I got it wrong. Thank you.
I went by the Denso website, as to which plugs where compatible.

The model number is IKH22 (5345) for the MY08 CTT application.
Here is the link to this product on Amazon Here is the link to this product on Amazon

Please make sure you regap them carefully at 0.8mm. If you apply to much force at an angle, you will snap off the iridium tip.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
mbagge01 is infamous around these parts
I went with the NGK heat range 6 iridium spark plugs and it definetly made the surging problem almost completely go away. A few episodes at WOT but I wonder if I should go with a colder heat range of NGK such as the 7. Any thoughts as if this would make things even better.