Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Modded turbo vs. turbo s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 PM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
Modded turbo vs. turbo s

Is a ctt as fast as a ctts with just an ecu remap and exhaust? Or would you need to to the evoms air filters as well? Just curious..

Old 02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
JAY@BRANDYWINE is infamous around these parts
i found when we did GIAC and a tubi exhuast on a Cayenne TT it was just as fast as the Turbo S, cant hurt to do the airboxes as well, we have done these mods many times on the Cayenne TT and TTS with great sucess

Old 02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Spoke w/ Stephen (PorschePhD/Imagine Auto) and the CTT w/ ECU, Cat delete, and EVO intake should produce 520 at the crank no prob, more if you do DV's....anyone know how much labor cost is involved in the DV's?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
wheels is infamous around these parts
Jay, You said you've done both CTT & CTTS?
If I already have the CTTS. What should I add and what gains can be expected? Is the ecu already remapped compared to the CTT?
I was thinking cat bypass and ecu, not sure about air boxes.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JAY@BRANDYWINE
i found when we did GIAC and a tubi exhuast on a Cayenne TT it was just as fast as the Turbo S, cant hurt to do the airboxes as well, we have done these mods many times on the Cayenne TT and TTS with great sucess
Jay... do you guys still honor porsche factory warranty when a GIAC is done on a vehicle?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
The difference on the Turbo S is the transmission remap and suspension..
The Turbo S downshifts really fast, so you dont have that lag on slow down or turns... the brakes is not worth it,imo.. but the tranny behavior is awesome..the 05 CTT with power kit has same behavior as the CTTS, but not as fast..

Old 02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Spoke w/ Stephen (PorschePhD/Imagine Auto) and the CTT w/ ECU, Cat delete, and EVO intake should produce 520 at the crank no prob, more if you do DV's....anyone know how much labor cost is involved in the DV's?
I did the DV's and they were $687 installed for the set.
Dealer ordered them from Evo for me and I had them swapped for stock the same time I did the cat bypass pipes and GIAC ECU mode.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
"Surprisingly, we had to squint to see the performance improvements, even though the 70-to-0 braking was a stellar 161 feet. The Turbo S shot to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and whizzed by the quarter-mile in 13.5 at 107 mph, just 0.1 second quicker to 60 mph and no quicker through the quarter than the Turbo."

Recent quote from Car and Driver
http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...e-turbo-s.html

So a modded CTT (ECU "upgrade", bypass pipes, Evo CAI's, DV's, Exhaust) should easily match the CTTS, perhaps even be quicker 0-60....by.1 sec!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 AM
turbo'S' is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alex911s
The difference on the Turbo S is the transmission remap and suspension..
The Turbo S downshifts really fast, so you dont have that lag on slow down or turns... the brakes is not worth it,imo.. but the tranny behavior is awesome..the 05 CTT with power kit has same behavior as the CTTS, but not as fast..
Alex, I have the CTT with power kit and was wondering what the difference was between it and the 'S'. I thought it was like for like? TIA

Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbo'S'
Alex, I have the CTT with power kit and was wondering what the difference was between it and the 'S'. I thought it was like for like? TIA
Not a lot buddy..keep your car maybe I was just crazier when I drove the CTTS..or the 05 that I drove was prob sitting for awhile...
i think the ecu map is different , 500 to 520HP is really not that much..

Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
ehaser1 is infamous around these parts
Well as you may know, I've been off and on as far as selling my ctt...
My wife and I just had another baby and my business is going a little ****ty (subprime lending)...
So, I was honestly going to trade in my ctt buy a cheap suv...
I went to fletcher jones in chicago and they offered me 55k for my ctt right off the bat..It was dirty as hell too!
Anyway, they had a nice 05 land rover lr3 hse fully loaded with 20k on it..They were going to give me an great deal at 34k so I was just goin to pay cash for it with the remainder of the on the ctt.... (sorry for the drama)
Either way, I had tossed and turned about a cheaper performance car like the cherokee srt8, m3, s4, or something of that nature...So, i'm at the dealer tonight and I catch the bug! Next thing you know i'm testing an 06 cttS....AMAZING...all I can say is holy SH!%..It shifts so fast and smooth...pulls so hard that I felt a little nervous...its an unbelievable car..

We'll after the typical sales bullsh%$ they offer me "somewhere" around 50-53 depending on what else I bought...
What a load of crap.. How is it that another dealer is so willing to give me 55 especially one that doesn't even sell porsches.....

Oh well, I guess it happens. Anyway, now i figure that i'm just going to mod mine.. especially if it can run with the turbo S...I'm glad that i'm back in the game and have found reneweed interest...
Now i'm going to order my ecu, bypass pipes, diverter valves, and air boxes......I cant wait.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by wheels
Jay, You said you've done both CTT & CTTS?
If I already have the CTTS. What should I add and what gains can be expected? Is the ecu already remapped compared to the CTT?
I was thinking cat bypass and ecu, not sure about air boxes.
Just get Fabspeed Mufflers, Catbypass pipes, EVOMS Diverter Valves, EVOMS cold air intake system , SuperSprint/Hamann Sport Primary Cats and hang on

Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
wheels is infamous around these parts
You guys are as bad as the guys on the Harley forum at spending my money. Only kidding! I love the information you guys share. Good stuff. As soon as the snow clears I'll get started on the add ons. 520 HP is already too much for the snowy weather.
Thanks