Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S vs. X5 4.6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM
BITRU is infamous around these parts
Cayenne S vs. X5 4.6

Only problem it is in German. But from charts and video you can understand.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Yd8YC6caeUI

Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, Ive seen it before it says that the Cayenne handles better but the X5 is faster in a straightline.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:37 PM
btek is infamous around these parts
The cayenne look like it almost lost it through the cones! They should have compared it to the 4.8is instead. The 4.6 is the older model.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i haven't driven a 4.6 but a regular 3.0. they are both nice cars imho.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
I have a 4.6is, but have driven numerous Cayenne Turbos and Ss as my dealer seems hell bent on me getting one. I have not been able to give up the BMW. It handles much better than the Cayenne. Perhaps the new Cayenne might be better.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Josh
I have a 4.6is, but have driven numerous Cayenne Turbos and Ss as my dealer seems hell bent on me getting one. I have not been able to give up the BMW. It handles much better than the Cayenne. Perhaps the new Cayenne might be better.
the X5 "handles better" than the Cayenne? (scratches head)

Old 03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GoldenPEPPA
the X5 "handles better" than the Cayenne? (scratches head)
You read correctly. The X5 is much tighter and more nimble. The Cayenne feels very large by comparison.

Last edited by Josh; 03-24-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
You read correctly. The X5 is much tighter and more nimble. The Cayenne feels very large by comparison.

I test drove an X3 and thought it was nice, really like a go-kart. However the finish and materials were thoroughly sub-par. The new X5 looks interesting but looks too much like the earlier models.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:12 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Keep the 4.6, i think its the best SUV released the 4.8 doesnt look as good as the 4.6is with the 5 spoke 20" wheels. Wait for the upcoming [I.S] version; who knows they migh put the M5 500Hp V10.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
Did you drive one without air suspension? I've tosted around a Cayenne S & a CTT (my DD) and the 4.6 doesn't even come close to the handling abilities of the Cayenne S with air suspension.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
they are both nice, but I'd pick a range rover supercharged

Old 03-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I have had an '03 X5 4.6 since July '04. I also now have an '06 Cayenne TTS and I feel the X5 most certainly handles better. It is much more tossable than the CTTS. It weighs much less and feels like it has much more grip. Power obviously is not a question with almost 200hp more than the X5. Going into corners the CTTS on the sport setting which is how I always drive it, has more body roll and exudes gives less confidence. I am still getting used to it but the weight of it seems to really hinder its prowess.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Finality
Did you drive one without air suspension? I've tosted around a Cayenne S & a CTT (my DD) and the 4.6 doesn't even come close to the handling abilities of the Cayenne S with air suspension.
All of the Cayennes I have driven had the air suspension.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Dan98
they are both nice, but I'd pick a range rover supercharged
The Range Rover is in a different class. It is much larger and is almost like piloting a small boat on the street. I've owned my share of Land Rovers in the past and it would be unlikely that I would get another one. However, I do think the Range Rover is one of the best looking SUVs by far.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Griza
I have had an '03 X5 4.6 since July '04. I also now have an '06 Cayenne TTS and I feel the X5 most certainly handles better. It is much more tossable than the CTTS. It weighs much less and feels like it has much more grip. Power obviously is not a question with almost 200hp more than the X5. Going into corners the CTTS on the sport setting which is how I always drive it, has more body roll and exudes gives less confidence. I am still getting used to it but the weight of it seems to really hinder its prowess.
Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for confirming it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne S vs. X5 4.6