Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

factory option rear view camera question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 02:16 PM
|
whatever is infamous around these parts
factory option rear view camera question

I'm trying to get some idea of where to install a rear view camera in my cayenne. I couldn't find any actual images of the factory option on google or search on this forum. Can anyone that have the factory option rear view camera take a picture of where the camera is mounted? I just want to see how it's mounted and if I can use any aftermarket camera to duplicate the same mounting area.
tia

Old 04-18-2007 | 03:26 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
I know on the MY08 the camera pops in/out of a module right below the base of the rear wiper...

Old 04-18-2007 | 04:54 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Alpine

camera in license plate area works good. Will you connect camera to PCM or another screen?

Alex.

Old 04-18-2007 | 04:54 PM
|
Does it sit at the same place where you press to unlock the glass?

Old 04-18-2007 | 04:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by G_A
camera in license plate area works good. Will you connect camera to PCM or another screen?

Alex.
Ideally I want to activate and connected to the PCM. But looks like the only way to do that in the US is to get a Dension or navtv box? There is no reasonably price OEM option?

Old 04-19-2007 | 06:21 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Original motorized camera installed in center of plastic trim lower rear window. It is possible to order all original parts, do not ask me about price, you can find all numbers in part catalog on porsche tech site. camera need power and one activate signal to open and produce conventional NTSC mirror image on output and can be connected to any suitable screen. Regarding PCM - I did it with 2006 PCM2.1 and I think it is not possible to do it with 2.0. anycase you need activate function with system tester.

Regards.

Old 04-19-2007 | 02:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by G_A
Original motorized camera installed in center of plastic trim lower rear window. It is possible to order all original parts, do not ask me about price, you can find all numbers in part catalog on porsche tech site. camera need power and one activate signal to open and produce conventional NTSC mirror image on output and can be connected to any suitable screen. Regarding PCM - I did it with 2006 PCM2.1 and I think it is not possible to do it with 2.0. anycase you need activate function with system tester.

Regards.
thanks for the info!! Any chance you have a picture of what it looks like? The actual camera installed?