Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

K&N Replacement Air Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
K&N Replacement Air Filter

Anyone replace their stock air filters with K&N or any aftermarket filters? If so... any difference? Thanks...

Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 PM
RDKJ is infamous around these parts
I ordered a pair of BMC air filters from Fabspeed yesterday. I am quite sure that any improvement will be nominal, but it was a cheap mod.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Ive got BMC's no difference mostly sound, in which it is throatier and deep however when coupled with a Exhuast system and Ecu's if felt the difference.
I am just adding my experince, whilst a 08 Turbo obviously gains much much more. BD 997 why dont you install Bypass pipes, diverter valves, RSS Plenum and then custom tune your ecu for everything to work in optimum levels including the drop in K&N Filter.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Ive got BMC's no difference mostly sound, in which it is throatier and deep however when coupled with a Exhuast system and Ecu's if felt the difference.
I am just adding my experince, whilst a 08 Turbo obviously gains much much more. BD 997 why dont you install Bypass pipes, diverter valves, RSS Plenum and then custom tune your ecu for everything to work in optimum levels including the drop in K&N Filter.
I may do a few of those... I dont want the car to sound too loud... im worried the bypass will make it too loud.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
my wifes cayenne S has bypass pipes...and she did accepted (she does NOT like sporty sound) in fact the increase in sound is minimal and for a Turbo is even less with more power gains

Old 06-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BD 997
I may do a few of those... I dont want the car to sound too loud... im worried the bypass will make it too loud.
The BPP's don't make it too loud just a little throatier when accelerating...

Old 06-03-2007, 09:35 PM
ok...im convinced. Ill call fab on monday....hope they got it in stock. BTW does a exhaust pro have to install or can anyone do the simple bolt on?

Old 06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
My understanding is that you have to cut the existing exhaust. This is what the service manager at my local P dealer told me. I ordered Friday...

Old 06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by RDKJ
My understanding is that you have to cut the existing exhaust. This is what the service manager at my local P dealer told me. I ordered Friday...
how much did you pay? Are you keeping your 21's? I think I might sell mine for winter tires after I get my 22 or 23 Rinspeeds.. didnt decide which to get yet

Old 06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I have not received the bypass pipes yet. My P dealer quoted $300 for the install. They should arrive Tuesday.

I will be disposing of my 21"s shortly - I am not a fan of the wheel. I received the Gemballas, but one wheel was damaged (bent). I am just waiting to for Hienz to send the replacement next week.

So far, the only thing I have done is window tint and V1 hardwire. I will wait and post pics after the Gemballa's are one. So far, so good with the 2008 - the throttle response and the ride are much improved compared to the 2004 I owned previously.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I have not received the bypass pipes yet. My P dealer quoted $300 for the install. They should arrive Tuesday.

I will be disposing of my 21"s shortly - I am not a fan of the wheel. I received the Gemballas, but one wheel was damaged (bent). I am just waiting to for Hienz to send the replacement next week.

So far, the only thing I have done is window tint and V1 hardwire. I will wait and post pics after the Gemballa's are one. So far, so good with the 2008 - the throttle response and the ride are much improved compared to the 2004 I owned previously.
have you tried switching off traction with sport on? night and day difference... I love it!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 PM

dont forget lowering links... its a must especially since your changing your wheels... the lower center of gravity will make the wheels look nicer and the car more aggressive. Also I didnt think they had the NEW plenum out yet... they have the 06< available but they were testing the 08's... make sure you ask for the 08 because I guess the 06's were a bit different....

Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 AM
dont forget lowering links... its a must especially since your changing your wheels... the lower center of gravity will make the wheels look nicer and the car more aggressive. Also I didnt think they had the NEW plenum out yet... they have the 06< available but they were testing the 08's... make sure you ask for the 08 because I guess the 06's were a bit different....
I will add the lowering links and plenum eventually. Hopefully the 22's fill the wheel well plenty, especially with the 285/35/22 Yokohomas. If the plenum is not yet available, then I will flash the ECU next.

I have turned the traction control off in sport mode, quite a difference from my 2004 CTT.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
ok...im convinced. Ill call fab on monday....hope they got it in stock. BTW does a exhaust pro have to install or can anyone do the simple bolt on?
Don't go to a dealer for this. Go to a Porsche independant and it is a simple bolt on. You take off the secondary cats and put the BPP's in their place. My local independant charged me $100.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Griza
Don't go to a dealer for this. Go to a Porsche independant and it is a simple bolt on. You take off the secondary cats and put the BPP's in their place. My local independant charged me $100.
I would never go to the stealer for that type of work.... I'll probably take it to TCM a member here... they did my links.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N Replacement Air Filter