Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stereo/Head Unit Question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 PM
richie996 is infamous around these partsrichie996 is infamous around these parts
Stereo/Head Unit Question...

Hello:

One of my pet-peeves is stereos. Has anyone upgraded the head unit in their Cayenne? I'm currently looking into purchasing one, but I need to be sure that it's not embedded-to-the-hilt into the car.

I'd prefer to install a double-din unit, any specific configuration I should look for? Not interested in navigation, have a portable unit for that...

-Richie

Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 PM
oproulx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by richie996
Hello:

One of my pet-peeves is stereos. Has anyone upgraded the head unit in their Cayenne? I'm currently looking into purchasing one, but I need to be sure that it's not embedded-to-the-hilt into the car.

I'd prefer to install a double-din unit, any specific configuration I should look for? Not interested in navigation, have a portable unit for that...

-Richie
In my 2005 Cayenne I had a single-din Alpine D-310 head unit and I just got a W-205 (http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-W205) double-din installed in my truck. The result is great. It has integration for Alpine's portable nav, the blackbird (the 2nd version should be out by the end of the month, so i'm still waiting on that). It's a great package for the money and has a lot of advantages over the factory head unit.