Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tequipment Skidplate installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Aeroresh is infamous around these parts
Tequipment Skidplate installation

Just bought a used Tequipment stainless steel front skidplate from EuroRev (top trans-Atlantic service by the way ) but unfortunately no installation instructions

How do you install this thing?

Looks like it may fit over the standard bumper undertray which you then have to drill into to locate the fixing pins/fastners

I obviously dont want to start drilling until Im sure and even if I do drill through, Im a little unsure how Im going to locate the fastners at the back without removing the entire bumper assembly!

Can anyone offer any advice other than give it to the dealer to sort (which is my Plan B !)

Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go....

Well it wasn't real easy but having 4 hands is helpful...
First remove the bumper and headlights... several screws are removed from inner wheel wells in order to get to the screw that hold the bumper in place, Once those are removed there is a plastic release then holds the bumper slides in & out of on the sides... As one holds the bumper, the other guy detached tubing if you have pop up headlight washers, also remove one wire harness if you have PDC...

Once off.. then drill holes on the inside where they are clearly marked for you... Different size holes are need for propper fitment.

Then attach plate and attach round washers once plate is in...
Use a socket and a hammer to lock down those large washers...

Also where the tow hooks are, that area around where the exsiting cover was needs to be cut so that the plate sits flush on the bumper.. as seen here...

Then put her all back together..
Also I changed out the H11 Fog lights to match the Bi-Xenons color now..
And it will look like this..

Only good pic I have from a distance since I installed before my race last weekend..

Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
hmmmm... that's a "maybe take it to the dealer" type job.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Aeroresh is infamous around these parts
Just a 5 minute job then LOL!

Cheers for the detailed instructions Kevin .

I think its time for "Plan B"!

Old 06-30-2007, 04:05 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin M
I thought the grass was part of the adhesive..haha Hey at least you can change to Silver Crest while youre at it

kudos for Kevin's mod page...

Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 AM
FrankM is infamous around these parts
Great instructions Kevin, I'd probably scratch everything up doing that. I was freaking out yesterday because I had to drill 4 holes in the front bumper to mount the license plate holder.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Banned
Porsche CTTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FrankM
Great instructions Kevin, I'd probably scratch everything up doing that. I was freaking out yesterday because I had to drill 4 holes in the front bumper to mount the license plate holder.
oh no im in Jersey and the police dont like the no front plate but i told one cop hey I'd rather have the 50$ ticket then drill my 5000 $ bumper

he laughed and said have a nice day (no ticket)

Old 07-01-2007, 07:14 PM
FrankM is infamous around these parts
When I realized the dealer did not install the front plate bracket I called them up to give them hell, he told me that I didn't need to put a front plate on a Porsche, he said the cops won't care. He said they never put front plates on any Porsche and it wouldn't be a problem. I asked him to put that in writing, but he wouldn't. Maybe he was right!!

Old 10-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Corvetteboy6988 is infamous around these parts
Can you guys post a part number for the front stainless skid plate, Im trying to locate one, used or new.

Thanks