Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Unlucky day... scratched wheel...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
EMart is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stevenshin
How do the mobile repair guys fix the wheels? Don't you have to take the wheel off the car and the tires off the wheel? I guess they have that equipment in their van??
The wheel comes off, but the tire stays on.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
The Mobile Repair companies usually (can) repair the wheel on the vehicle. They mask off the tire and body panels. Light filing/grinding is performed and then a quick-drying, non-shrinking filler is added ... sand and paint.

But, since this wheel has a polished rim, most likely the tire will be removed and metal will be added via a welding/brazing process. Then sand and polish and add a clear coat if necessary. The tire will be re-installed and then the tire/wheel needs to be re-balanced.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:49 PM
hblocal is infamous around these parts
The question is would you have been more upset if some stupid valet guy did the rash? I just got my brand new satin black Rinspeeds curbed by the dumb valet at Cobra's and Matadors on Beverly Blvd. He said he would keep it up front so I didn't think twice. From moving the car up 6 feet he managed to scrape my front passenger wheel!

I'm thinking mine will cost me a lot more since I will have to probably re-powdercoat the entire wheel after the refinishing and sanding?

I would recommend www.fastforwardwheels.com as someone mentioned above as well. Afterall its like 2 minutes from you. Eli is a great guy as well. Good luck and please post before and after pics of the work if you can.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
That sucks!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
mlc.design is infamous around these parts
ur wheels are dirty my man