Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pictures of your Cayenne towing..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Eric H. is infamous around these parts
Pictures of your Cayenne towing..

My lease is coming up soon for my CLS and I plan on getting an SUV for some towing duties for the weekend. For thos that are towing how is your experience with the engine power for either the S/Turbo models? Do you guys have any pictures? I most likely will be towing an enclosed car trailer or an enclosed motorcycle/quad trailer.

I have a couple toys such as street bikes, quads, and a track car. The Cayenne if it could tow a pretty large trailer would make the most sense for me. I'm still going back and forth on what trailer to purchase....a car trailer would be nice since I can fit everything in it, but then again a smaller motorcycle/quad trailer would be much easier to manuever and wouldn't seem like such a task for weekend trips. Any advice? I know nothing about trailers and there seem to be a million choices. One I've found interesting is this one by Motiv.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
I can't help you with info on the towing abilities of the Porsche... but the smaller the trailer, the more finicky it is, it always wants to cut out on you when backing up, it takes a little practice to perfect, but until then, it really pisses you off.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I can't help you with info on the towing abilities of the Porsche... but the smaller the trailer, the more finicky it is, it always wants to cut out on you when backing up, it takes a little practice to perfect, but until then, it really pisses you off.
Yeah I've had that happen quite a bit using my friends open trailer...wanted to jack knife.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Aeroresh is infamous around these parts
My CTT is the best tow car Ive had yet. It tows both my wifes's horse trailer around and the M3 to race meets and track days, etc.

Its quite comical because I can still out drag most things with the M3 in tow!!

You would hardly even know there was anything there.

The only car I can think that may be better (in the towing stakes, anyway) is a Touareg V10 tdi

As for trailer, if youve got the storage, Id say get a car transporter for your track car and a smaller item for "other stuff".

The one Ive got is called a Brian James but I dont think they're avaliable state side, but over here they seem to be the industry standard. Ive had mine up to an indicated 85mph without realising such is the stability.

Last edited by Aeroresh; 08-27-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Aeroresh
My CTT is the best tow car Ive had yet. It tows both my wifes's horse trailer around and the M3 to race meets and track days, etc.

Its quite comical because I can still out drag most things with the M3 in tow!!

You would hardly even know there was anything there.

The only car I can think that may be better (in the towing stakes, anyway) is a Touareg V10 tdi

As for trailer, if youve got the storage, Id say get a car transporter for your track car and a smaller item for "other stuff".

The one Ive got is called a Brian James but I dont think they're avaliable state side, but over here they seem to be the industry standard. Ive had mine up to an indicated 85mph without realising such is the stability.
The Touareg TDI is another one that is interesting. I've drive my folks touareg, and I'll never buy one. I feel like I'm going to tip it over. Having 2 trailers takes up too much space for me.