Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Newbie questions on a 2008 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
brettcp is infamous around these parts
Newbie questions on a 2008 Cayenne S

I'm looking at a new 08 Cayenne S and had a couple of quick questions before I pull the trigger:

1 - The stock NAV system seems outdated.. so I was going to skip the NAV and get the base stereo package - I was planning on putting my own NAV system in.. My question is: Is the stereo space a double-DIN size?

2 - Are there any packages which I should DEFINITELY get? I was just going to go with the preferred package..

Planning on putting aftermarket wheels on as well.

Thanks in advance!

-Brett

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
don't forget PASM, especially if you're going with big wheels. Not only does it improve the ride with 20-22's but it also allows you to lower the car inexpensively with lowering links, like $250. Also memory seats if more than one driver, stock nav is not good. Depending on color maybe a black-pkg? Maybe sport exhaust? Leather interior if you're into that? Wood? Pref pkg is a nice combo of options.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by GoldenPEPPA
don't forget PASM, especially if you're going with big wheels. Not only does it improve the ride with 20-22's but it also allows you to lower the car inexpensively with lowering links, like $250. Also memory seats if more than one driver, stock nav is not good. Depending on color maybe a black-pkg? Maybe sport exhaust? Leather interior if you're into that? Wood? Pref pkg is a nice combo of options.
Thanks! I wasn't aware that PASM would allow me to lower the car for less.. as I will be putting on bigger wheels and wanted to lower it to narrow down the wheel gap..

Is leather not standard?

dont need memory seats - had them in my past few cars and never used em.. I really prefer the regular exhaust over the sport exhaust on the 08's..

anything else?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
the bose is not a must have.
the nav is kool but if u can get a aftermarket wit touch screen, then i suggest that.
regular exhaust sounds great but the sports exhaust sounds AWESOME.
i dont even use the memory seats.
what color combo u gettin?

Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Lupo is infamous around these parts
Leather seats are standard.
With the full leather package you'll get also leather on the dashboard, center console, armrest, door panels and steering-wheel airbag module. I didn't feel the need for it in the Cayenne (family truck) while I got it in my Boxster and I'll definitely get it again when I'll swap the Boxster for a 997 (hopefully soon enough...).

Old 09-18-2007, 10:04 AM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brettcp
Thanks! I wasn't aware that PASM would allow me to lower the car for less.. as I will be putting on bigger wheels and wanted to lower it to narrow down the wheel gap..

Is leather not standard?

dont need memory seats - had them in my past few cars and never used em.. I really prefer the regular exhaust over the sport exhaust on the 08's..

anything else?
PASM, 2 benefits. One it allows you to adjust from Comfort-Sport damper settings. Two, it allows you to adjust the ride height. Even with no lowering links, when you park you can drop the ride by 2 inches... and drop it by about .5" when at speed.

Lowering links adjust the base height. It makes ALL the PASM settings X" lower than the base setting. So it'll give you lets say 1" lower at normal height for normal driving and a total of 3" total drop when parked. OR you can absolutely slam it on the tires if the ride quality isn't important.

Anything else? Mmmm... Pref Pkg, PASM, seat heaters if you're in a cool clim...

Have fun!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Brett,

I think the park assist is very useful when parking in a tight spot. Good luck with your purchase.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:21 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
I'm looking at a new 08 Cayenne S and had a couple of quick questions before I pull the trigger:

1 - The stock NAV system seems outdated.. so I was going to skip the NAV and get the base stereo package - I was planning on putting my own NAV system in.. My question is: Is the stereo space a double-DIN size?

-Brett
it is possible to install double din unit, but with big frame (facia adapter), it is looks terrible! As for me much better to leave original 1 din radio and add aftermarket one din motorized unit with nav.
PM me for pics.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
socalcardude is infamous around these parts
I didn't know that I was going to need/want to tow until after I purchased my Cayenne S. As a result, I had to pay $1,100 for the tow package and then $600 to have it installed.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 AM
racer_65 is infamous around these parts
There is one practical disadvantage with PASM, that is when you need to change wheels. Say if you get a flat tire, and need to change it on the side of the road. I believe you need to do something to disable the PASM. Also, you may need to explain to a tire shop that your car has PASM when you ask them to replace the tires, and they may not know how to work with it.

Since I don't have PASM, I can't really offer more details...

Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
thanks for all of the replies.. the only ones with PASM are too expensive for my current budget (they're all over 70k with PASM).. looks like i'll be getting a black/black S with preferred package and no nav (will be doin an aftermarket nav)..

Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
thanks for all of the replies.. the only ones with PASM are too expensive for my current budget (they're all over 70k with PASM).. looks like i'll be getting a black/black S with preferred package and no nav (will be doin an aftermarket nav)..
nice. post pics when u get her!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Pasm

Originally Posted by racer_65
There is one practical disadvantage with PASM, that is when you need to change wheels. Say if you get a flat tire, and need to change it on the side of the road. I believe you need to do something to disable the PASM. Also, you may need to explain to a tire shop that your car has PASM when you ask them to replace the tires, and they may not know how to work with it.

Since I don't have PASM, I can't really offer more details...
PASM Easy to switch on/off using jog, holdin up few seconds untill messege on inst cluster appear. Switch on automatically after you drive a little.

It is recommended to switch off PASM before lift car, but will not damage anything if will forget. Only will hear sound of air and wheels will mave a little for few seconds.

I hope you did try car with PASM. Be sure to check 2008 PASM because big difference from 2006 - more comfortable.

Regards

Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Juejaimon is infamous around these parts
I believe it is double din.. my neighbor place a pioneer d3 in his and fit just fine.