Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Test drove the 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BillC
Jen, you probably already checked but Jim Ellis in Atlanta lists a fair number of CS and turbos in inventory. This might be an alternative if you didn't want to wait for an order. I did see a sand white on there. Since there are so many listings some may be duplicates but a decent number of turbos listed. I think it is good you want white since at least 3 of us on this thread have already been unoriginally gray.

AM, never congratulated you on the X5. I still think it is a cool looking vehicle-I like it's looks better than the CS in some ways. Love the comfort seats. I am just ticked at them right now, plus we do see them everywhere. However, I think you might have that exclusivity thing covered with this other car of yours!

Krieg, not sure what is up with your dealer? Why does it take him so long to conclude a deal? Is it a seller's market in your area?
Thanks BillC. The comfort seats are something else. I'm not the happiest with my local dealer right now. They finally had to get a factory rep in to figure out what was going on with my heads up display repair. But dealers are dealers and I try to avoid them all as much as possible

Old 07-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sayboy
Hey Jen- Here is a yellow/umber w/Burmeister, good luck finding one on the lot. People too scared to be different
I think the yellow is good color for Cayenne tried to talk wife into it she said she wasn't going to drive a school bus. One of. The days she will see a yellow one on the road. She won't admit it but she will like it

Have to say that Porsche really blew the colors this year on Cayenne. I was hoping for GTS or Ruby Red settled on Jet Black.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
I think the yellow is good color for Cayenne tried to talk wife into it she said she wasn't going to drive a school bus. One of. The days she will see a yellow one on the road. She won't admit it but she will like it

Have to say that Porsche really blew the colors this year on Cayenne. I was hoping for GTS or Ruby Red settled on Jet Black.
I am glad you arrived home in 1 piece! I am waiting on that ice blue metallic to become available.....or now, my new obsession, the X6!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JenK
I am glad you arrived home in 1 piece! I am waiting on that ice blue metallic to become available.....or now, my new obsession, the X6!
Made it home fine. Hard to believe a week with 8 kids could be so much fun actually no incidents at all. No oil lots of good food good drink and fun in the sun. Had a ball YOLO boarding actually proved to my kids that the over the hill soon to be 50 could do things on a oversized surf board that they could only dream about

Boy does a week off go by too fast.

I too am waiting on Ice Blue but for Turbo S Cab now that will be the best day when it finally arrives.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 AM
BillC is infamous around these parts
I, too, like the ice blue for a turbo to be ordered but was wondering if this color had been available in the past for cayennes? Local dealer showed me a used Cayenne that supposedly was ice blue that, in our opinion, didn't look very good. Perhaps it was only a similar color?

Jen, assume with your interest in power you will be looking at the X6 50? We had to turn in our 300 hp TT because of engine issues -only some related to the HPFP problem BMW has had. Might want to stay away from that engine.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:38 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Say,

Sorry to be less than appreciative re the interior color-didn;t mean to offend. Didn't realize this was your vehicle as opposed to a prospective purchase.

regards,

Bill
No worries! I always go the road less traveled on color combo choices. No offense taken Color combos are always a deeply personal choice, I understand that and yellow will be a very polarizing choice of color

and where is this dealer????? Thanks!
Ohio..lol

Originally Posted by Gj325
I have long been tired of the same old colors. To me the yellow is unique, stands out in a parking lot, and from a practical standpoint is better in sunny climates to reflect heat. Don't want another white car and silver is SO over-popular, so yellow was my only remaining choice.

As well the umber interior. I have refused to buy a black interior for years, it is boring and feels like a cave and hides the lines of the interior. The beige is too light and shows dirt more easily. The umber will also reflect more heat than black (I live in the desert!)

21" Turbo II wheels would have been a better visual choice (I love the look!), but the 20" Sport Design II's give just a bit more tire sidewall for snow tires and impact absorption (I do sometimes go offroad)

I also spec'ed the additional "underbody armor" and sound and heat resistant glass. For me, makes for more of a comfortable and safe ride.

"For effective prevention of damage to the underside of the vehicle, all new Cayenne models can be equipped with optional off-road underbody protection, comprising rock rails with integrated skid plates, a reinforced engine-bay guard, additional protection for fuel tank and rear axle, and a second towing lug."

Some folks buy these for soccer moms, others for lowered stealth rockets, some for practical extreme climate applications. Each spec will be different.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM
BillC is infamous around these parts
Agree on the 21" turbo wheels, I made the same decision although more for the ride handling balance. Had the sound and heat resistant glass on the order but having reservations about how dark the tint is in the rear windows. Don't live in the northern CA or FL any longer.

As for colors, have to agree there as well. The palette of choices is uninspiring. I like speed yellow on the Carrera, wife doesn't, and I would probably like the new yellow on the Cayenne-although not without seeing before ordering. Have been tossing around the Ice Blue or racing green if I order the turbo s with the default being the GTS/carrera red.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Ohio dealer has the yellow? Stoppie? I must check....

Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ohio dealer has the yellow? Stoppie? I must check....
It's MINE! Don't go trying to ****** it away from its Daddy. Unknown to me they ordered it for me a few months ago...lol Dang presumptuous salesman.

Truth be told, and in spite of being banned, Stoppie IS the man and indeed, in my world, has graduated to "SuperMang" status.

Anybody looking to buy a car, Chris Sanner and Chad Lozon are your men at Porsche of N. Olmsted in OH. Awesome to do business with.

This has been an unsolicited commercial announcement. No children or animals were harmed during its making.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:26 AM
It's MINE! Don't go trying to ****** it away from its Daddy. Unknown to me they ordered it for me a few months ago...lol Dang presumptuous salesman.

Truth be told, and in spite of being banned, Stoppie IS the man and indeed, in my world, has graduated to "SuperMang" status.

Anybody looking to buy a car, Chris Sanner and Chad Lozon are your men at Porsche of N. Olmsted in OH. Awesome to do business with.

This has been an unsolicited commercial announcement. No children or animals were harmed during its making.
You know Stoppie is my man! I bought my 997 from him! I must say it is nice! And I asked him about the yellow, he said "@#%&*" color! I hope he didn't order a purple one for me!!! Enjoy it in good health and I want to see more pics!!!!!!!

PS You have quite the collection! I've seen your post over on team about the your cars and that Box Spyder is freakin' awesome!!!!!!!

Last edited by JenK; 08-03-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:29 AM
I, too, like the ice blue for a turbo to be ordered but was wondering if this color had been available in the past for cayennes? Local dealer showed me a used Cayenne that supposedly was ice blue that, in our opinion, didn't look very good. Perhaps it was only a similar color?

Jen, assume with your interest in power you will be looking at the X6 50? We had to turn in our 300 hp TT because of engine issues -only some related to the HPFP problem BMW has had. Might want to stay away from that engine.
Bill, the 50i would be the only choice!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:24 AM
You know Stoppie is my man! I bought my 997 from him! I must say it is nice! And I asked him about the yellow, he said "@#%&*" color! I hope he didn't order a purple one for me!!! Enjoy it in good health and I want to see more pics!!!!!!!

PS You have quite the collection! I've seen your post over on team about the your cars and that Box Spyder is freakin' awesome!!!!!!!
Wow! I did not know you bought your 997 from them? Cool!

He said Yellow looked like $&!^ ? I am going chew him out for that!

I will post pics as soon as the Yeller' Mobile arrives on the truck. This is the least "blingy" in the garage because it has to be practical for all conditions- snow/desert/dirt/ice/high altitude/sun/offroad. (because the others are not...lol).

Thanks for the kind comments on Spyder. Had it at Thunderhill this past weekend running the track backwards. Very capable car, I was in Red/Advanced group and once I figured the track out, no one passed me in a 25 minute session.

Braking ability is insane, I can wait 3-4 car lengths longer to brake going into turns than other cars do.

Lot of folks walked over to look and talk about it, and two offers to buy it if I wanted to sell. That is pretty crazy. The color combo on that one is loved by all.

Here are pic of the Cayenne Turbo Under Armor

Attached Images      
Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
The wait is on...

Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Bill, If I was buying one of the 20 plus Cayennes off their lot, this might be easier, but my sense is they are happy to wait for "season" when the snow birds return and need to have the latest Porsche. Many drive a car for a year or two and sell it with 10k miles on it.

None of the CS on their lot have the Burmester which combined with the Umber leather and roof rails is on my must have list.

There are many dealers witin driving distance so I will get it done. thx/
Put a deposit down on Meteor Gray Cayenne S with almost everything to be built. Thanks to all for your support.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Put a deposit down on Meteor Gray Cayenne S with almost everything to be built. Thanks to all for your support.
Congrats!!!! When is it supposed to arrive?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow! I did not know you bought your 997 from them? Cool!

He said Yellow looked like $&!^ ? I am going chew him out for that!

I will post pics as soon as the Yeller' Mobile arrives on the truck. This is the least "blingy" in the garage because it has to be practical for all conditions- snow/desert/dirt/ice/high altitude/sun/offroad. (because the others are not...lol).

Thanks for the kind comments on Spyder. Had it at Thunderhill this past weekend running the track backwards. Very capable car, I was in Red/Advanced group and once I figured the track out, no one passed me in a 25 minute session.

Braking ability is insane, I can wait 3-4 car lengths longer to brake going into turns than other cars do.

Lot of folks walked over to look and talk about it, and two offers to buy it if I wanted to sell. That is pretty crazy. The color combo on that one is loved by all.

Here are pic of the Cayenne Turbo Under Armor
You got just about every option on that spyder!!! I emailed Chris this morning and told him I wanted a yellow one....I can tell you he said NO! Get his a**!
Seriously, I did buy my 997 from just before he got banned from RL. I am going to get him working for me again on the Cayenne, just don't know when. I am still thinking CS or TT or X5 or X6...NO AM, don't do that poll again!
After all of this, I think I am going to get a damn scooter!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 2011 Turbo