Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Test drove the 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bill P.
I'm curious about the allure of the Panoramic Roof. Is it the brightness it brings to the cabin?
Yes, it makes it much brighter, especially in the back seat.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Thanks. Thought long and hard about painted mirrors and the skid plates. Passed on the mirrors because with the black trim and roof rails, I felt it would tie in well unpainted and the way that mirror extends, the arm could get chipped easily. I feel that might be the reason Porsche does not paint it. That logic extended to the skid plates and also wanted something to look forward to changing in the future, along with possibly a new exhaust.
Agree that the mirrors will blend in much better with the dark color vs the lighter one where they really do stand out.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by copasetic222
I don't see anyone talking about, or ordering, the panoramic roof. I have it on my '09 CTTS and wouldn't be without it, and the price now is a fraction of what it was when I ordered the '09.
If I order one, the panoramic roof is on my list. a bargain option at about 600.00! For me, it will help not having a cab anymore!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:09 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
Agree that the mirrors will blend in much better with the dark color vs the lighter one where they really do stand out.
I think I see why they add the black trim over the wheels, mirrors and sides - to absorb the road rash! The new X5 Msport packages have fender flares that are taking a beating from rock chips and BMW is working on a fix. From what I gathered, even the 3M or ventureshield isn't thick enough.
As far as lighter colors, I do remember the mirrors on my 04 CS were partially black. They really didn't bother me at all. I did not use any clear bra on that vehicle and it had little road rash or rock chips compared to my 911's or Boxsters. In fact, the ventureshield on my current car right now needs to be replaced due to road debris. Thank goodness it has a lifetime warranty!