Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Test drove the 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Eric 993TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
Congrats on your new purchase! What color & how did you option it out? Also be sure to post some pics when it arrives!!
Will post pics when it gets here. And I can't wait!

It's meteor gray/blk. PCM, Bose, 19" turbo wheels, anthracite birch interior, light comfort, XM, 3 spk multi function heated wheel, heated seats, park assist. It's what was on the way in the colors I wanted. I didn't spec it. But if you order one, you should get the special packages, they are cheaper than buying each option. I would've ordered full leather and maybe PASM and air suspension. One other interesting note, if you don't order the roof rails, you can't install them later. So no roof option is available unless you order it from the factory. I'm not sure why it's even optional on an SUV. And it's lame that you can't add it later. It's probably one of the only SUVs on the planet which has those roof rails optional.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I forgot to mention that I also have an 07 X5 and also seriously considered an 11 X5 5.0. Test drove one and it was really nice. The turbo V8 is fabulous. But the vehicle is almost exactly the same as my 07. So it was like getting the same car again. So I figured I'd get the CS and maybe a 13 X5. Hopefully they should have an all new model then.

I must say the X5 5.0 is a much better deal than the CS also. As you've said, fully loaded one is about $75k.

For those considering Pans, they're not selling, lots at the dealers so you should be able to get a really nice deal. They have some real good lease rates on those things too.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
I forgot to mention that I also have an 07 X5 and also seriously considered an 11 X5 5.0. Test drove one and it was really nice. The turbo V8 is fabulous. But the vehicle is almost exactly the same as my 07. So it was like getting the same car again. So I figured I'd get the CS and maybe a 13 X5. Hopefully they should have an all new model then.

I must say the X5 5.0 is a much better deal than the CS also. As you've said, fully loaded one is about $75k.

For those considering Pans, they're not selling, lots at the dealers so you should be able to get a really nice deal. They have some real good lease rates on those things too.
I feel the exactly the same way about the X5 as you do. I *really* like my '07 but the mid-cycle refresh just didn't do much updating and the Cayenne being a next gen model is just more interesting to me. I looked at the X5M but I am not a fan of the body cladding on it, and I think they have dialed out too much of an SUVs functionality on that particular model.

So, I'm going to lease a Cayenne TT for 3 years and then check out the X5 in 2013; hopefully BMW will leapfrog the Cayenne in the new rollout

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
The Pan. Is great car but you have big dogs don't you. Pan wouldn't work well for large sized dogs for at least not for me. Plus I plan on getting a Pan. Type car for my 60th Bday ok 10.7 year to go. pan to nice for someone as young as myself
Yes, I have 2 Bernese mountain dogs! They would actually fit in the Pan seats down or up. I am still not sure. I have to wait on the possible Lexus buy-back on my HS, the fact that my 997 is worth only 76k which leans me toward the Pan with a nice discount to eat up the money lost in the trade and I can't decide what car will fit the bill for the next few years without me having to get another car!

Now, having a Pan for your 60th is awesome, but having a Turbo S cab for your 50th birthday is unreal!!!! congrats and Happy Birthday in advance!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:27 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Will post pics when it gets here. And I can't wait!

It's meteor gray/blk. PCM, Bose, 19" turbo wheels, anthracite birch interior, light comfort, XM, 3 spk multi function heated wheel, heated seats, park assist. It's what was on the way in the colors I wanted. I didn't spec it. But if you order one, you should get the special packages, they are cheaper than buying each option. I would've ordered full leather and maybe PASM and air suspension. One other interesting note, if you don't order the roof rails, you can't install them later. So no roof option is available unless you order it from the factory. I'm not sure why it's even optional on an SUV. And it's lame that you can't add it later. It's probably one of the only SUVs on the planet which has those roof rails optional.
Congrats on your CS! I can't wait to hear your driving impressions! I love the interior and options. Yes, the Pan deals can be had, I've already had offers for 10k off list!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JenK
Congrats on your CS! I can't wait to hear your driving impressions! I love the interior and options. Yes, the Pan deals can be had, I've already had offers for 10k off list!
I think the issue is that even for Porsche, The Panamera is priced too high for what it offers. Really, it should be priced in line with the Cayenne, maybe 5-7k more at most.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I have 2 Bernese mountain dogs! They would actually fit in the Pan seats down or up. I am still not sure. I have to wait on the possible Lexus buy-back on my HS, the fact that my 997 is worth only 76k [
Wow. The Pan must have more room than I thought. Hate the part about Toyota. I mean Lexus. Hope you get it worked out soon. 76 is what theta say my Targa is worth. Sure is a crappy deal little over a year the car is perfect and lose 30 k.

Now, having a Pan for your 60th is awesome, but having a Turbo S cab for your 50th birthday is unreal!!!! congrats and Happy Birthday in advance!

Looks like I will turn fifty just after I get Turbo S. And if I do get myself a Pcar for 60 th it will hopefully be 2 door 928 or whatever they call it in a hardtop cab. . That would be nice IMO

Last edited by Gj325; 07-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 PM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
X5 50 got a little more interesting

On a separate but related note: The X5 50 just got interesting again thanks to some very nice integration features starting with September builds! BMW Updates

Old 07-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Thumbs up

Looks like I will turn fifty just after I get Turbo S. And if I do get myself a Pcar for 60 th it will hopefully be 2 door 928 or whatever they call it in a hardtop cab. . That would be nice IMO[/QUOTE]

Very nice birthday present to yourself! I'm 47. Wondering what I'm going to get myself when I turn 50???

The 998 should be launched by then. So hopefully a 998 Turbo S.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
On a separate but related note: The X5 50 just got interesting again thanks to some very nice integration features starting with September builds! BMW Updates
I already have that bluetooth feature with the Lexus. It plays my iphone-ipod tracks via BT. No cable needed. Don't forget that 400.00 Porsche option cable that is sitting in my glove box because it won't work for the iphone 3Gs!!!

PS The X5 is still on my list. I've never owned one!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by Gj325
Wow. The Pan must have more room than I thought. Hate the part about Toyota. I mean Lexus. Hope you get it worked out soon. 76 is what theta say my Targa is worth. Sure is a crappy deal little over a year the car is perfect and lose 30 k.

Looks like I will turn fifty just after I get Turbo S. And if I do get myself a Pcar for 60 th it will hopefully be 2 door 928 or whatever they call it in a hardtop cab. . That would be nice IMO
You know, it really does have some room! Losing 30k or more in 1 year is crappy. someone posted on the Pan board that he was offered 100k on his 150k Pan Turbo! He was picking up his Turbo S cab, but decided to keep the Pan Turbo as well! (I was hoping to be adopted !)

if they make a 2 door Pan-like cab, I am in at any age!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by S-B-D
I think the issue is that even for Porsche, The Panamera is priced too high for what it offers. Really, it should be priced in line with the Cayenne, maybe 5-7k more at most.
I totally agree. Now with the Pan and Pan 4, the entry price is enticing, but add the options that you'd get in the S and 4S, you're right there with the pricing. Now, when I decide what to get, I think I am going to wait until year-end, I would imagine that Pan Turbo's could be had for 120. I've been watching dealer inventory and I've seen no Pan's moving over the past 4-5 weeks. Now, with some dealers offering 10k off, it's going to get better. Also, by that time, I think you should be able to get a good deal on a Cayenne as well. So, that's what I'm waiting on. if not, I can get an X5 loaded for 76k, that's without the discount!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 PM
S-B-D is infamous around these partsS-B-D is infamous around these parts
I totally agree. Now with the Pan and Pan 4, the entry price is enticing, but add the options that you'd get in the S and 4S, you're right there with the pricing. Now, when I decide what to get, I think I am going to wait until year-end, I would imagine that Pan Turbo's could be had for 120. I've been watching dealer inventory and I've seen no Pan's moving over the past 4-5 weeks. Now, with some dealers offering 10k off, it's going to get better. Also, by that time, I think you should be able to get a good deal on a Cayenne as well. So, that's what I'm waiting on. if not, I can get an X5 loaded for 76k, that's without the discount!
Porsche has never been about value. Look at the Cayenne Turbo vs. X5M. 30k price difference for comparable features and performance. The upcoming M5 will go head to head with the PTT, with a likely 50k price difference when all is said and done.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by S-B-D
Porsche has never been about value. Look at the Cayenne Turbo vs. X5M. 30k price difference for comparable features and performance. The upcoming M5 will go head to head with the PTT, with a likely 50k price difference when all is said and done.
porsche's also depreciate alot. I read somewhere about having a Porsche for an investment! Yikes! Back to the BMW's, the M5 and M6 will be rid of that nasty SMG making the DCT m cars very inviting. AM has already expressed an interest in the new M6. I like the X5 M, but the 50i M sport package is close. Local BMW dealer here had a 10 X5M that retailed for 92k sold for 80k. I'll have to see what bimmerpost says about the upcoming M5/6. And for me, they are going to make a 1series M coupe called the 1M. I love that little car! I would even get a 128i, I love it so much! sorry for the BMW praise on a Porsche board. Anyway, still haven't decided and probably won't for a while. I am now making my 997 my DD since I haven't heard from Lexus yet and I hate the loaner car they gave me.

Last edited by JenK; 07-14-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Very nice birthday present to yourself! I'm 47. Wondering what I'm going to get myself when I turn 50???

The 998 should be launched by then. So hopefully a 998 Turbo S. [/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me. We are not here on earth long. If we work hard and are blessed to have the means or budget save for a car like a Porsche we might as well enjoy. My dad turns 71 this year worked hard made tons of money. Will not spend a penny. Makes no sense to me this could be our last day on earth. Enjoy don't fret the small I may not be the richest guy around when I die but I will enjoy life to the best I can.

Ok Jen go buy you a car. You know you want a Pan. Or Cayenne. Take the hit. You can enjoy your new car and complain about your big loss. I will agree with you all the way doing the same good money down the drain. But I doubt anyone will have any pity on us. I see five BMW X 5's a day. Maybe one Pan. a month one Cayenne a day on a good day. I don't want the same car as every Germantown stay at home wife has. I want a high performance car that fits my life style. Of course I do live in Hickville USA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 2011 Turbo