Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Test drove the 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gj325
Hope you get one. Looks like the one we ordered is not a done deal. Dealer still trying but I am thinking he may come back and say S Wife doesn't care if not turbo she mainly wants Turbo Grill. she doesn't want to wait so no GTS wait in cards.

We will see what happens still hoping Turbo comes thru.
So, they don't have an allocation for your turbo? If that's the case, it is true for me as well. But, read post above, the X5 is coming back in to view. Any word on the turbo s cab yet?????? Is it in production? I would love to see it in person when it arrives!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JenK

Vacation was good, but it could have been better not having a million things on my mind, including the car scenario! That's the least of my challenges right now!

The saga continues...I am planning on ordering one, but there may not be an allocation available since the dealer said he has 'waiter's for the next allocation. The only one car scenario is not going well for me, either!!! We shall see...the X50i loaded is one I can not say no to. The lease payment on that is roughly 1100/month for 36/15k (MSRP 78k) and who knows what the CTT will be. I hear you on the monthly payments, I am about 3k, but I bought the 997 and, hence, the higher payments. I emailed my salesperson at Lexus and told him I wanted a buy-back.

I am first on the list at my dealer for the 1M!!!

So, congratulations to you, AM!!!! You're the first one here that has made a solid decision! So now, we wait for me, Eric and SBD!

What color, options, etc did you get??? That BT option is the coolest by far!!!
Ordered it in Platinum Grey/black interior. Got everything except: 3rd row, rear entertainment, lane departure warning, heated rear seats, 20" wheels, smartphone integration, M-Sport.

I'm going for a september production to get the new ipod/bt functionality as well as the side view cameras

Still get a little sad twinge about the CTT - it is just such a sweet vehicle, but I think this is the right way to go.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheAMV8
Ordered it in Platinum Grey/black interior. Got everything except: 3rd row, rear entertainment, lane departure warning, heated rear seats, 20" wheels, smartphone integration, M-Sport.

I'm going for a september production to get the new ipod/bt functionality as well as the side view cameras

Still get a little sad twinge about the CTT - it is just such a sweet vehicle, but I think this is the right way to go.
Hey, congrats!!! Nice color choice and options! Well, part one of the process is complete: the buy-back is initiated and my dealer is going to buy it back! Just have to go through the process via Lexus. I am then going to drive the Cayenne S again and also the X35d which is very 'zippy' and 'torquey'. Then I'll make my decision!

Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
So, they don't have an allocation for your turbo? If that's the case, it is true for me as well. But, read post above, the X5 is coming back in to view. Any word on the turbo s cab yet?????? Is it in production? I would love to see it in person when it arrives!
Not that he doesnt have one he does have one in or After Oct. We want the Natural Expresso and Cognac Int. which is NA until Oct.

He still thinks he will get it but wife doesn't want to wait past a Nov Delve. so it may change to a S just on that reason.She is the impatient one

The Turbo S Cab will be built sometime in Oct or Nov. no firm date yet but that is the latest on the painting of the Ice Blue.Since I was willing to wait it could be a Dec just to get Build for all my options to be available. I am sure the wait is worth it.

Ok Now I am headed to the beach with my family 4 kids and 4 of their Friends . Just me and the wife. Not sure I will call it a vacation sounds like torture to me.McDonald's will cost $80 bucks ugh There goes some of my car money Move over Bonnie I am headed your way

Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Not that he doesnt have one he does have one in or After Oct. We want the Natural Expresso and Cognac Int. which is NA until Oct.

He still thinks he will get it but wife doesn't want to wait past a Nov Delve. so it may change to a S just on that reason.She is the impatient one

The Turbo S Cab will be built sometime in Oct or Nov. no firm date yet but that is the latest on the painting of the Ice Blue.Since I was willing to wait it could be a Dec just to get Build for all my options to be available. I am sure the wait is worth it.

Ok Now I am headed to the beach with my family 4 kids and 4 of their Friends . Just me and the wife. Not sure I will call it a vacation sounds like torture to me.McDonald's will cost $80 bucks ugh There goes some of my car money Move over Bonnie I am headed your way
Just got back from my parents in Ocean City, MD. Just me, no dogs, no brother and family in tow! 4 kids and 4 of their friends???? Take them to an all you can eat pizza buffet for 4 bucks each! When we stop at McD's, it's about 40 bucks for just 4!
The ice blue will hold me back from ordering right now. I drove the X5 again and while it is excellent, the interior leaves me feeling flat. Also, no air suspension to lower for the dogs. So, I see some lease deals already on S's and that is very good. I built my S out for 88k. So, I am not getting the turbo just because the S fits the bill for me perfectly. I just emailed the dealer and told him about the Buy-back!!!!

Have fun and drive safely!!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Just got back from my parents in Ocean City, MD. Just me, no dogs, no brother and family in tow! 4 kids and 4 of their friends???? Take them to an all you can eat pizza buffet for 4 bucks each! When we stop at McD's, it's about 40 bucks for just 4!
The ice blue will hold me back from ordering right now. I drove the X5 again and while it is excellent, the interior leaves me feeling flat. Also, no air suspension to lower for the dogs. So, I see some lease deals already on S's and that is very good. I built my S out for 88k. So, I am not getting the turbo just because the S fits the bill for me perfectly. I just emailed the dealer and told him about the Buy-back!!!!

Cayenne interior smokes the X5's for sure, there is just no comparison in my opinion. I do think the Cayenne has more cache than the BMW.

Good point on the air suspension esp. for loading.

I think the BMW trumps the Porsche on the tech gadgetry, and I personally prefer iDrive over PCM (a) because I think turning a **** and clicking it is easier than poking at a screen (b) because I'm used to it.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about

Leaving 4am. 3 cars loads 6 bikes cases of water green tea and one case of Patron. = kid equalizer
Rosemary Beach here we come. Kids are 20,18,16,13. This maybe my last post one of the days they will be gone wife says I will miss them nah!!!!!!

I did a S build came to 95 k that would be fine if no turbo she will want a new one in few years by them who knows what the cay will be like

Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Cayenne interior smokes the X5's for sure, there is just no comparison in my opinion. I do think the Cayenne has more cache than the BMW.

Good point on the air suspension esp. for loading.

I think the BMW trumps the Porsche on the tech gadgetry, and I personally prefer iDrive over PCM (a) because I think turning a **** and clicking it is easier than poking at a screen (b) because I'm used to it.
I totally agree. The included maintenance, a loaner car that's a BMW and the club rebate of 1000.00 is alot of incentive. Also, since I live about an 1.5 hours from the Performance Center, the PCD is way cool! I've done it twice. BMW puts you up in the hotel, gives you a dinner and then treats you to driving all the cars on the track and then take your baby home! If I get the X, I'll need a little ramp for the dogs and then storing it in there leaves little room. I have plenty of time to go back and forth for the comparisons. I know now it would be the S, not the TT. If the leases are comparable at the time, I'll get the S. Right now, I'd be very happy with either vehicle, just so the dogs can get in and out safely!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Leaving 4am. 3 cars loads 6 bikes cases of water green tea and one case of Patron. = kid equalizer
Rosemary Beach here we come. Kids are 20,18,16,13. This maybe my last post one of the days they will be gone wife says I will miss them nah!!!!!!

I did a S build came to 95 k that would be fine if no turbo she will want a new one in few years by them who knows what the cay will be like
I did that 95k build as well! Anyway, have fun, drive safely and make sure you don't get into the Patron while driving!!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 AM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Cayenne S or X5

Agree. There is alot going for the X5 but it seems to all revolve around less money. My problem is that I cannot get over that the X5 5.0 weighs 800lbs more than the Cayenne S. Also, there are so many X5's in South Florida. I already live in a community where all the homes look similar. I dont need to be confused in finding my car in the parking lot

Jen, did you even consider the 5 series GT which should have the diesel next year and have easy access for your dogs. I dig it but I have always liked hatchbacks.

I am going to a track event sponsored by Porsche tonight where they are showcasing the Cayennes. I have test driven the new S and loved it but look forward to going around the track with a professional driver and letting my wife drive it as it will ultimately be her car in two years.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by kriegsjr
Agree. There is alot going for the X5 but it seems to all revolve around less money. My problem is that I cannot get over that the X5 5.0 weighs 800lbs more than the Cayenne S. Also, there are so many X5's in South Florida. I already live in a community where all the homes look similar. I dont need to be confused in finding my car in the parking lot

Jen, did you even consider the 5 series GT which should have the diesel next year and have easy access for your dogs. I dig it but I have always liked hatchbacks.

I am going to a track event sponsored by Porsche tonight where they are showcasing the Cayennes. I have test driven the new S and loved it but look forward to going around the track with a professional driver and letting my wife drive it as it will ultimately be her car in two years.
Have fun tonight!!!! I agree, I want something different as well. too many X5's around here as well!
I did consider the 5 GT for about 30 secs until I saw it in person. It is really ugly and I can't consider it. But, the 5 wagon would fit the bill perfectly. My dogs are too tall to get into a 3-series wagon, they bumped their heads.

After much consideration, I am getting the Cayenne S!!!! I did a build that came out to about 88k. This includes the Premium plus package, the Bose package, the pano roof, full leather, the 20" Cayenne design wheels(?). Since the CS has the air suspension, the car lowers to about 6 inches and that is perfect for my large dogs to just hop in and they have plenty of headroom and with the pano roof, sky light! The X5 I priced out with the similar options that comes in the premium plus package is only about 6k off.

With that said, AM, consider the Cayenne S!!!!!!!! I would miss our posts too much!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Have fun tonight!!!! I agree, I want something different as well. too many X5's around here as well!
I did consider the 5 GT for about 30 secs until I saw it in person. It is really ugly and I can't consider it. But, the 5 wagon would fit the bill perfectly. My dogs are too tall to get into a 3-series wagon, they bumped their heads.

After much consideration, I am getting the Cayenne S!!!! I did a build that came out to about 88k. This includes the Premium plus package, the Bose package, the pano roof, full leather, the 20" Cayenne design wheels(?). Since the CS has the air suspension, the car lowers to about 6 inches and that is perfect for my large dogs to just hop in and they have plenty of headroom and with the pano roof, sky light! The X5 I priced out with the similar options that comes in the premium plus package is only about 6k off.

With that said, AM, consider the Cayenne S!!!!!!!! I would miss our posts too much!
BWM GT: Nice interior, but what an abomination of an exterior. It's like a sedan and a hatchback were cut in half, and then the rear end of the hatchback was welded to the front end of the sedan. (apologies to anyone who owns one!). I walked around and around the darned thing trying to find an angle that I liked without any success. At least with the X6 I could like it until I got around to looking at its ducks ***.

My CS build comes to around 95K; basically 11K more than the X5. But it really is not the $ because it isn't all that much over the life of the lease. The CS just doesn't excite me enough over the X5. I think it is not so much CS vs X5, but rather that if I drove the CS I would always wish I had the turbo. And when I saw one on the road, I would quite possibly cry and feel all inadequate and stuff.

P.S just got an email from the local AM dealer. V12 Vantage order books are open... la la la la la, ignore ignore ignore

Old 07-24-2010, 06:28 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
BWM GT: Nice interior, but what an abomination of an exterior. It's like a sedan and a hatchback were cut in half, and then the rear end of the hatchback was welded to the front end of the sedan. (apologies to anyone who owns one!). I walked around and around the darned thing trying to find an angle that I liked without any success. At least with the X6 I could like it until I got around to looking at its ducks ***.

My CS build comes to around 95K; basically 11K more than the X5. But it really is not the $ because it isn't all that much over the life of the lease. The CS just doesn't excite me enough over the X5. I think it is not so much CS vs X5, but rather that if I drove the CS I would always wish I had the turbo. And when I saw one on the road, I would quite possibly cry and feel all inadequate and stuff.

P.S just got an email from the local AM dealer. V12 Vantage order books are open... la la la la la, ignore ignore ignore
I have to admit that I do find the GT attractive when I see it on the road. I am almost drawn to it to try and discern if it is an X6 or GT. Regardless, I am getting the Cayenne S. Now the only question is which color combination.

Here is what i learned tonight at the track event. When I asked each of the professional drivers which performance option is a must, each person said the PVT plus as it makes the car feel much lighter. They would even get it over the air suspension.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I have to admit that I do find the GT attractive when I see it on the road. I am almost drawn to it to try and discern if it is an X6 or GT. Regardless, I am getting the Cayenne S. Now the only question is which color combination.

Here is what i learned tonight at the track event. When I asked each of the professional drivers which performance option is a must, each person said the PVT plus as it makes the car feel much lighter. They would even get it over the air suspension.
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder I like the way the panamera looks, some of my friends think I've lost my mind.

Interesting comments on PTV from the pros

Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 AM

That's what i've read about the PVT. If you order the premium plus package, it includes most everything and then order the PVT ala carte. Since I have some time for ordering, the color combo right now for me is sand white/black/titanium blue interior. If I wait until the ice blue becomes available, I'll get that! silver is another. The black is out for me, doesn't show the lines of the car very well in my eye.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 2011 Turbo