Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Test drove the 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 AM
BillC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
Hey guys, I finally picked up my CS yesterday. It's fabulous! Couldn't be happier, unless of course I got a CTT.

It turned out to be a car someone had ordered, but couldn't qualify creditwise. My original car was still stuck at the port and this one had more equipment I wanted. Anyway, here are a few early pictures...

Some first driving impressions to come later. I must say the electronics in the car are marvelous. You can display almost anything in the instrument display panel. Everything is really well integrated. Better than X5 50 and RR Sport. The interior is better than anything else out there. The front looks good. Starting to warm up to the rear.
Beautiful car but then I did the same color scheme so consider the source. I really liked the piano black but hope it doesn't scratch easily.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Funny thing when I tracked the 2011 Cayenne S last weekend at the Braman event PBIR, as soon as I jumped in the lead driver said ready lets go, off we went, drove it roughly 20 minutes all out, once I got out they asked how did you like the interior? I never looked at it!!! Fun but not the Turbo. Ask the dealer in your area will there be a track event with these SUV's, totatly different perspective of what it can really do.
I haven't driven the turbo. Not that I wouldn't love it but likely replacing the '09 911 s with the turbo s or the new 991. Man's got to know his wife's limitations.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 AM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BillC
Jen, you probably already checked but Jim Ellis in Atlanta lists a fair number of CS and turbos in inventory. This might be an alternative if you didn't want to wait for an order. I did see a sand white on there. Since there are so many listings some may be duplicates but a decent number of turbos listed. I think it is good you want white since at least 3 of us on this thread have already been unoriginally gray.

AM, never congratulated you on the X5. I still think it is a cool looking vehicle-I like it's looks better than the CS in some ways. Love the comfort seats. I am just ticked at them right now, plus we do see them everywhere. However, I think you might have that exclusivity thing covered with this other car of yours!

Krieg, not sure what is up with your dealer? Why does it take him so long to conclude a deal? Is it a seller's market in your area?

Bill, If I was buying one of the 20 plus Cayennes off their lot, this might be easier, but my sense is they are happy to wait for "season" when the snow birds return and need to have the latest Porsche. Many drive a car for a year or two and sell it with 10k miles on it.

None of the CS on their lot have the Burmester which combined with the Umber leather and roof rails is on my must have list.

There are many dealers witin driving distance so I will get it done. thx/

Old 07-30-2010, 07:56 AM
Ah, the "Blue Hair" syndrome. Remember it well from my 9 years in Fl.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Eric 993TT is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car but then I did the same color scheme so consider the source. I really liked the piano black but hope it doesn't scratch easily.
We'll see if the piano black holds up. You might consider the anthracite birch, I saw it in person on a meteor/blk car and it looks absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had it.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
We'll see if the piano black holds up. You might consider the anthracite birch, I saw it in person on a meteor/blk car and it looks absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had it.
I have to agree, the anthracite birch is absolutely gorgeous! If I didn't have my must haves, I would add it, but then again what's another 1500 on the price tag!

I have checked out all the dealers in Atlanta, both Jim Ellis and Hennessey, Hendrick, Melbourne in FL and the OH dealer where I bought my 997. I'll have to see when I decide to order what they have on their lots. I thinking year end for the best deals. The 'hunt' is fun!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Ah, didn't realize the anthracite was $1500. I'll pass and leave the Burmester as the last decision.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:59 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Ah, didn't realize the anthracite was $1500. I'll pass and leave the Burmester as the last decision.
They now have a new black on black turbo listed. Looks hot with the turbo wheels, but no Burm.... For a supposedly large Porsche dealer, they really don't have alot of inventory. Their color scheme is mostly black. Their BMW has a gazillion cars! They'd probably make me pay for the car in full if I ordered that new yellow!!!! and yes, I have thought about it!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:47 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JenK
They now have a new black on black turbo listed. Looks hot with the turbo wheels, but no Burm.... For a supposedly large Porsche dealer, they really don't have alot of inventory. Their color scheme is mostly black. Their BMW has a gazillion cars! They'd probably make me pay for the car in full if I ordered that new yellow!!!! and yes, I have thought about it!
Hey Jen- Here is a yellow/umber w/Burmeister, good luck finding one on the lot. People too scared to be different

Attached Images   
Old 07-31-2010, 06:56 AM
not too bad, at least the exterior, but doubt I could overcome all the logical reasons not to buy it-including wife dislike. That may work better as a color to be leased.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 AM
You are absolutely right. I had to look at colors on 911's since they had so few Cayennes and only in the colors you note plus a white one. Fortunately, I had seen a TT at a PA dealership with the meteor and the same wheels as this yellow in the pic. Looked sharp.

Now when I change out the 911 s, I want something with flair and not the usual black, silver, grey etc. Especially if doing the turbo.

Better plan a road trip to see yellow-doubt that is a color you order without personally touching it first!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
Hey Jen- Here is a yellow/umber w/Burmeister, good luck finding one on the lot. People too scared to be different
Say,

Sorry to be less than appreciative re the interior color-didn;t mean to offend. Didn't realize this was your vehicle as opposed to a prospective purchase.

regards,

Bill

Old 07-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by sayboy
and where is this dealer????? Thanks!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
You are absolutely right. I had to look at colors on 911's since they had so few Cayennes and only in the colors you note plus a white one. Fortunately, I had seen a TT at a PA dealership with the meteor and the same wheels as this yellow in the pic. Looked sharp.

Now when I change out the 911 s, I want something with flair and not the usual black, silver, grey etc. Especially if doing the turbo.

Better plan a road trip to see yellow-doubt that is a color you order without personally touching it first!
I personally think it would look better with a black interior, but that could be one heck of a deal!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:34 PM
TheAMV8 is infamous around these parts
Thanks! But, I have the trade. Does he do that, too? My 997 came to me on a trailer, so I can deal with that as well. I would rather buy locally, well at least a 3 hour drive. I know one FL dealer who has its' own contained trailer that will deliver right to your door and at no charge.
Ah yes, forgot about your trade. He doesn't do them directly, so probably not the best option for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 2011 Turbo