Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Yellow Turbo - My Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
2011 Yellow Turbo - My Review

Due to powerful and persuasive sales techniques employed by Chris Sanner (Stoppie) and Chad Lozon at Porsche N Olmsted, I am now the proud owner of a Yellow Turbo Cayenne. These guys also hooked me up with my Spyder and RS so there is your "money where mouth is" dealer testimonial

After less than 100 miles on the new Mellow Yellow mobile I can report that is is UNFREAKINGREAL in every regard. Astronomy provides a rich source of descriptives: Out of this world stereo, Light-years ahead in techology, Spaceship-like ****pit, ethereal acceleration, otherworldly handling.

I am not prone to gushing but compared to my outgoing 09 GTS with PDCC and Bose, this Turbo is in another galaxy by any measure. If you can, you must. Just that simple. My spec (custom) includes:

Sand Yellow / Umber
PDCC (great handling)
PTV (power oversteer anyone?)
Burmester (OMG)
Adaptive Cruise (it works well)
Thermal/Noise Insulating glass (keep out desert heat/so quiet/very dark tint)
Off-road Underbody Protection (for when I need it)
Seat Ventilation (AWESOME in summer)
Light Comfort package (duh)
Reverse Camera/Park Assist (convenient)
Delete Model Designation (trying to show some humbleness)

It came with the (corrected) 18-way sport seats which are INSANELY comfortable. Off the scale comfort in fact. The turbo motor in this bad boy must be experienced to be believed. Turbo lag is very minimal. The acceleration will shove you into your seat.

Now- I fully understand that Yellow is a polarizing choice of colors. Personally I am so BORED of the muted hues of blacks and greys and the same old silver EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING I want to vomit. The umber interior, in the flesh, goes well with the yellow exterior and lightens up the interior without being so light that it easily shows off dirt.

I think the new Cayenne looks best in either white or yellow. There, I said it...

Looking in my garage now, instead of the old meteor gray battleship GTS, sits a bright yellow fun toy. It is a joy to lay eyes on the Sand Yellow and yes it does draw a LOT of attention at a stoplight (aroused? horrified? you make the call?).

While the 21" Turbo wheels were my first choice, the practicality of spoke'd 20"'s and all weather/snow tires must be recognized. I have to have one vehicle that can be driven anytime and anywhere.

The auto-engine cutoff when you come to a stop is seamless and transparent and doesn't bother me at all. As the foot comes off the brake, the engine instantly fires and off you go. And this feature is easily turned off in several ways if you don't like saving on fuel costs.

The multifunction wheel is in my opinion a must have, and combined with the new LCD display off to the right of the tach makes any adjustment a two-hands-on-wheel exercise. The whole experience is like flying an airplane in many regards. Fully instrumented and buttons for everything. Coming from other Porsches it took about 5 minutes to figure out. Those coming from other brands might have a steeper learning curve.

I have been keeping my C4S around for sporting thrills in winter. A set of dedicated snow tires and that car will go anywhere. But. Now. No need for the C4S, as this Turbo will EASILY wear both hats of all-weather competency and sporting thrills. The C4S will go for sale next.

Bold prediction- Anybody that buys a new Cayenne, and for sure a Turbo, will fall in love at first drive.

PS- my GTS 18" (YES, it fits!) snow tire/wheel/TPMS set-up is for sale over in the personal classified section

Attached Images      

Last edited by sayboy; 08-11-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: corrected seat description
Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Awesome Car! Congrats!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Very Nice. Love the Sand Yellow. I got confirmation on the wife's CTT today Nov build. I tried my best to talk her in to yellow. She wouldn't have it. No school bus for her. I think once she sees one in the flesh she will have 2nd thoughts.

I believe this wilL be the best color for the new body style.

Enjoy thanks for great write up

Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sayboy
Due to powerful and persuasive sales techniques employed by Chris Sanner (Stoppie) and Chad Lozon at Porsche N Olmsted, I am now the proud owner of a Yellow Turbo Cayenne. These guys also hooked me up with my Spyder and RS so there is your "money where mouth is" testimonial

After less than 100 miles on the new Mellow Yellow mobile I can report that is is UNFREAKINGREAL in every regard. Astronomy provides a rich source of descriptives: Out of this world stereo, Light-years ahead in techology, Spaceship-like ****pit, ethereal acceleration, otherworldly handling.

I am not prone to gushing but compared to my outgoing 09 GTS with PDCC and Bose, this Turbo is in another galaxy by any measure. If you can, you must. Just that simple. My spec (custom) includes:

Sand Yellow / Umber
PDCC (great handling)
PTV (power oversteer anyone?)
Burmester (OMG)
Adaptive Cruise (it works well)
Thermal/Noise Insulating glass (keep out desert heat/so quiet/very dark tint)
Off-road Underbody Protection (for when I need it)
Seat Ventilation (AWESOME in summer)
Light Comfort package (duh)
Reverse Camera/Park Assist (convenient)
Delete Model Designation (trying to show some humbleness)

It came with the 14 way sport seats which are INSANELY comfortable. Off the scale comfort in fact. The turbo motor in this bad boy must be experienced to be believed. Turbo lag is very minimal. The acceleration will shove you into your seat.

Now- I fully understand that Yellow is a polarizing choice of colors. Personally I am so BORED of the muted hues of blacks and greys and the same old silver EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING I want to vomit. The umber interior, in the flesh, goes well with the yellow exterior and lightens up the interior without being so light that it easily shows off dirt.

I think the new Cayenne looks best in either white or yellow. There, I said it...

Looking in my garage now, instead of the old meteor gray battleship GTS, sits a bright yellow fun toy. It is a joy to lay eyes on the Sand Yellow and yes it does draw a LOT of attention at a stoplight (aroused? horrified? you make the call?).

While the 21" Turbo wheels were my first choice, the practicality of spoke'd 20"'s and all weather/snow tires must be recognized. I have to have one vehicle that can be driven anytime and anywhere.

The auto-engine cutoff when you come to a stop is seamless and transparent and doesn't bother me at all. As the foot comes off the brake, the engine instantly fires and off you go. And this feature is easily turned off in several ways if you don't like saving on fuel costs.

The multifunction wheel is in my opinion a must have, and combined with the new LCD display off to the right of the tach makes any adjustment a two-hands-on-wheel exercise. The whole experience is like flying an airplane in many regards. Fully instrumented and buttons for everything. Coming from other Porsches it took about 5 minutes to figure out. Those coming from other brands might have a steeper learning curve.

I have been keeping my C4S around for sporting thrills in winter. A set of dedicated snow tires and that car will go anywhere. But. Now. No need for the C4S, as this Turbo will EASILY wear both hats of all-weather competency and sporting thrills. The C4S will go for sale next.

Bold prediction- Anybody that buys a new Cayenne, and for sure a Turbo, will fall in love at first drive.

PS- my GTS 18" (YES, it fits!) snow tire/wheel/TPMS set-up is for sale over in the personal classified section
Beautiful! Excellent write-up! You are bringing me back into the CTT camp! I don't care what Chris said, I love the yellow!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 AM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Whats up with those stock wheels????Looks like a base model 6 cylinder.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
great right up, way to be bold and take a risk with the yellow

Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Those look like 18 way adaptive seats

Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
Agree, the 14 way has "Y" stitching on the backrest.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
I'm a HUGE fan of yellow cars but have yet to see a Cayenne in Yellow!

With the badge delete and those low key wheels, many will mistake you for a regular Cayenne until you blow them away, nicely done! (if this was your intent....haha)

Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mini George
Awesome Car! Congrats!
Thanks Mini George!

Originally Posted by Gj325
Very Nice. Love the Sand Yellow. I got confirmation on the wife's CTT today Nov build. I tried my best to talk her in to yellow. She wouldn't have it. No school bus for her. I think once she sees one in the flesh she will have 2nd thoughts.

I believe this wilL be the best color for the new body style.

Enjoy thanks for great write up
Congrats on your impending build Gj325! The driving experience will be superb regardless of color But Yellow seems to be the fastest color! Lol

Originally Posted by JenK
Beautiful! Excellent write-up! You are bringing me back into the CTT camp! I don't care what Chris said, I love the yellow!
Thanks for the kind comments Jen. Dammit, if Chris doesn't straighten up we are going to have words I tell you! ()

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Whats up with those stock wheels????Looks like a base model 6 cylinder.
What choice would you propose? Wanted to avoid 21"'s as the short sidewall makes for easy sidewall bubbling in inclement weather (curbs) and off-road. have you ever been off-road on 21's? I have done it and not fun my friend! I would have preferred a set of Pirelli Corsa System tires on Forged Alloys (yikes) however varied driving conditions necessitate compromise

Originally Posted by dinorocz
great right up, way to be bold and take a risk with the yellow
Thanks Dino. Now, who will step up and spec an amethyst purple?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Great review! Glad you're enjoying it. I'm loving the yellow!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Yes indeed trovan, corrected, thanks! The extra buttons control the side bolsters. The darn things grip like a race seat but super comfortable. Crazy! Best seats I have ever had for street use.

Originally Posted by gammaman
Agree, the 14 way has "Y" stitching on the backrest.
Thanks gammaman, corrected.

Originally Posted by s4play
I'm a HUGE fan of yellow cars but have yet to see a Cayenne in Yellow!

With the badge delete and those low key wheels, many will mistake you for a regular Cayenne until you blow them away, nicely done! (if this was your intent....haha)
S4Play, You got it my friend! Shhhhh, don't let the secret out... lol.

Originally Posted by suncoastric
Great review! Glad you're enjoying it. I'm loving the yellow!
Thanks! You guys have been good to me over the past couple years on parts for my cars, appreciate your support!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Great write up awesome ride!!!!! Envious!
We'll see what I actually
Get in due time..... Maybe early
Winter....

Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
How are the 18 way seats for a big guy? Will the bolsters "open up" enough or would the 14 ways be a better choice?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by copasetic222
How are the 18 way seats for a big guy? Will the bolsters "open up" enough or would the 14 ways be a better choice?
They do open up, but for sure a good idea is to try out both at your local dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Yellow Turbo - My Review