Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone can share the driving impressions of the 2011 S's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Nthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to beholdNthusiast is a splendid one to behold
Anyone can share the driving impressions of the 2011 S's?

I'm considering downsizing to one vehicle (currently have an '07 C4S and an '08 Range Rover Sport S/C) and although I hate the thought of losing the C4S I'm wondering if the new Cayenne will provide the utility I need (2 dogs, 1 child, golfer, live in snowbelt, etc) with the performance that won't leave me begging to get back into a car by Spring.

I owned an '06 Cayenne and was less than impressed - the interior/exterior was not as nice as other SUVs in my opinion and at the end of the day, it was still a heavy SUV. I'm wondering if anyone that has one can share your thoughts on performance, driveability, comfort, and that elusive "Porsche-ness" that comes with the sports cars.

From what I understand, the '11s are still tiptronics even though you can get paddles. Will the Cayenne ever receive the PDK treatment? I'd consider a manual but I'm sure the resale will be even worse than normal.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nthusiast
I'm considering downsizing to one vehicle (currently have an '07 C4S and an '08 Range Rover Sport S/C) and although I hate the thought of losing the C4S I'm wondering if the new Cayenne will provide the utility I need (2 dogs, 1 child, golfer, live in snowbelt, etc) with the performance that won't leave me begging to get back into a car by Spring.

I owned an '06 Cayenne and was less than impressed - the interior/exterior was not as nice as other SUVs in my opinion and at the end of the day, it was still a heavy SUV. I'm wondering if anyone that has one can share your thoughts on performance, driveability, comfort, and that elusive "Porsche-ness" that comes with the sports cars.

From what I understand, the '11s are still tiptronics even though you can get paddles. Will the Cayenne ever receive the PDK treatment? I'd consider a manual but I'm sure the resale will be even worse than normal.

Any insights would be appreciated.
The Interior is very nice. IMO the car is as sporty of a SUV that you can buy. If you are worried about Performance better go to Turbo. The S is great but it is not a 911 Super sized. Its My understanding that the PDK will not allow for Trailering.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
PDK will not be available on the Cayenne, especially the Turbo, because of the massive torque the engine makes. Porsche literature stated that the feature set (hill hold and trailering) requires a torque converter.

Be happy for the new paddles and don't get one with that option if you want to shift yourself. I use my thumb buttons for downshifting but find gear selection via the console handle far more positive. Still, the car shifts (especially passing downshifts and upshifts) far better than I could with a manual.

I don't believe PDK will ever be available on the Cayenne.